Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
Any clue as to what size the filter is? Can't find any info on Injen site being that the part number is still too new. I want to know if my current hydro shield (6" Base/5" Top/5" Height) will fit it or if I'll need to pick up a different sized one.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Just to further clarify on the most recent comments about the dyno graph and CVT...

CVTs are very hard to dyno in a repeatable way. I think on this car sometimes the ECU tells the CVT to shift near redline, sometimes earlier, depending on a variety of factors. Also if you look at the video I posted earlier of how a factory 1.5T CVT shifts, it pulls up to a certain RPM, then kind of "surges" to a higher RPM, then shifts. I am sure that confuses dynos. Please note though that this behavior should not affect the dyno chart at lower RPMs.

According to Injen, out of all the dyno sessions they did, the dyno graphs with the intake installed ALWAYS produced higher results than the factory ones, even putting the best case factory graph against the worst case Injen graph.

I will be eagerly awaiting some dyno charts of the Manual Transmission 1.5T, with and without the Injen intake.
I want to emphasize this as well. On the MS3, for example, initial results pegged the platform as SEVERELY overrated from the factory. But tuners were baffled that the car could rip the 1/4 in under 14 seconds - a repeatable metric among the mags and owners alike. What they found was two very distinct factors:
- The MS3's RAI is highly sensitive to airflow. Like most turbo platforms, the IC needs to remain under constant flow in order to maximize cooling efficiency. But inlike FMICs, the MS3's TMIC was tucked underneath a 36" airpipe from the grill. Opening the hood was an instant performance killer.
- The MS3's ECU utilizes load based targeting via the MAF sensor. That means any change in airflow restriction provides a more immediate and direct gain in output vs. other tuning approaches. An intake on our platform, when properly measured, yielded a 24 WHP increase (+/-12%) and a sub-13 second 1/4 mile pass. I and others are still waiting for information from Hondata (and others) to see how Honda configured the 1.5T ECU.

Jury's still out... but we should start seeing some track results in the next few months. Depending on how Honda tuned this motor, a 15-20% improvement is not out of the realm of possibilities, IMHO.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Dont be shocked if Honda kills the Si to rise the TypeR. In the UK the Si doesnt even exist only the TypeR at $29995 euro or $33392 US dollars http://www.honda.co.uk/cars.html
Honda can and will sell both as they are geared towards different markets. One is a track car with enough practicality for the streets. The other is practical car with just enough performance for the track.

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
So i have the intake installed, just the short ram version for now, i have noticed an incredible difference in terms of power. Looking at the dyno, specifically the stock numbers what i noticed is that huge spike in the very end. I dont kno if others feel it but i felt the car feel as tho it did spike and have a huge jolt of power right as the cvt simulated a shift. With the intake on it feels like that jolt is now sustained and the car pulls hard like that from 4000-6000 rpm instead of a quick shock of powet. This is just my impression. I would recommend the intake to anyone looking for some more performance. The turbo spools nicely now. Theres no splash when releasing the throttle because the 1.5t has a bypass valve not a bov. One of the things i love about this civic over other hondas ive owned is the easy accelerating at low rpms. Not going above 2k rpm and getting up to highway speeds easy. With the intake on its become even easier. This tiny 1.5 turbo engine is just amazing. Procivic delivered everything on time with free shipping. Go get one guys!! I will be running this car at the track come spring and i will get a flashpro from hondata. I love this damn car lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains! 0224162126a

Sigmacrash13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L
Country flag
So i have the intake installed, just the short ram version for now, i have noticed an incredible difference in terms of power. Looking at the dyno, specifically the stock numbers what i noticed is that huge spike in the very end. I dont kno if others feel it but i felt the car feel as tho it did spike and have a huge jolt of power right as the cvt simulated a shift. With the intake on it feels like that jolt is now sustained and the car pulls hard like that from 4000-6000 rpm instead of a quick shock of powet. This is just my impression. I would recommend the intake to anyone looking for some more performance. The turbo spools nicely now. Theres no splash when releasing the throttle because the 1.5t has a bypass valve not a bov. One of the things i love about this civic over other hondas ive owned is the easy accelerating at low rpms. Not going above 2k rpm and getting up to highway speeds easy. With the intake on its become even easier. This tiny 1.5 turbo engine is just amazing. Procivic delivered everything on time with free shipping. Go get one guys!! I will be running this car at the track come spring and i will get a flashpro from hondata. I love this damn car lol

0224162126a.jpg
Told you that you'll love it haha

hondabuildquality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic

0224162126a.jpg
Time to line up against someone else with a 1.5t! Or get back to us when you get it to the strip. 29HP is a big increase and will make a big difference there. I'll eat my words if it's true.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
So can someone please explain! Is the 29HP increase true or false? simple question...

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
So can someone please explain! Is the 29HP increase true or false? simple question...
No one has provided a true scientific calculation backed by track data or side-by-side comparisions. We have a single dyno chart estimating the work output from the CVT at the hubs. The gains are there. But how much remains to be seen.

And we need to get away from HP figures IMHO. This is more about % over baseline.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the dyno chart dude.. It made 166whp stock and then 171whp (+5hp) with the intake, 139wtq stock and 151wtq (+12tq, very impressive imo) with a PEAK gain of 29whp / 25wtq

mvp305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm a first time civic owner, I'd like to get more power coming out of corner turns or after complete stop.. I'm not a street racing person, just want faster take off in short term when I hit the gas... Is that short takeoff kinda power measured by 0-60??? And would installing this ram version boost that?? Someone please enlighten me.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I'm a first time civic owner, I'd like to get more power coming out of corner turns or after complete stop.. I'm not a street racing person, just want faster take off in short term when I hit the gas... Is that short takeoff kinda power measured by 0-60??? And would installing this ram version boost that?? Someone please enlighten me.
Yes, Tcaudo (member on here, scroll up the page) loves his, this is the only mod at the moment for the 1.5T and is well worth the price of $250 I believe. Read this thread lots of mostly good info lol, but take everything you read on here with a grain of salt.

mvp305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, Tcaudo (member on here, scroll up the page) loves his, this is the only mod at the moment for the 1.5T and is well worth the price of $250 I believe. Read this thread lots of mostly good info lol, but take everything you read on here with a grain of salt.

Yes I have read the entire thread already... My question is I want more power when I go around corner, and I need to hit the gas immideatly as there is a car behind me, will this this short ram version help me? I saw here said that it really kicks in at 4000 rpm, I might be wrong but for my purpose wouldn't I need it at lower rpm than that??? I'm sorry for my lack of any knowledge as I am a complete novice... If anyone can explain to me what the air intake will do for me, I would be very appreciative.

mvp305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also... The horn on this car is just plain silly, like a clown car at a circus silly... anyone can point me in direction to where and how I can put in a decent sounding horn?
Sponsored