Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

hondabuildquality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Yes, agreed, I want to see that too. However, keep in mind quarter mile and 0-60 times are not really a scientifically accurate measure of power of a car. They dyno is the best instrument car makers and tuners have for measuring power. Based on everything I can see, the intake produces good gains, even if you manipulate Injen's graph as I showed in the first couple posts. I would really like to see a dyno graph of the manual transmission 1.5T model though, as that would clear up a lot of possible confusion here.
Since we're throwing around the word scientific now, it actually happens to be the case that the opposite of what you said is true: measuring acceleration is a more "scientific" way of measuring power than by using your DYNO with a CVT.

This how science works: you create a hypothesis and you test it by collecting real world observations in a controlled experiment. Here, we have a controlled experiment: identical cars with only one variable changed. We can test and observe the outcome using real events in the real world and determine if it agrees with our hypothesis. Assuming no tire spin, you can can calculate exact WHP.

On the other hand, using a DYNO is not a test. It's not a scientific test at all. It is a tool used to measure horsepower, which yes, that is the hypothesis you're testing, but It is not a scientific test based on real world observations.

I can give you another great example that is also a quite timely one. If you've been reading the news, you may have heard people saying that we haven't really "proved" that gravitational waves exist. We've just collected data using a tool to measure gravitational waves, and since that data agrees with the models physicists have made, we've inferred the existence of gravitational waves. Not the same thing as "scientifically proving" something. Nobody has scientifically proved gravitational waves. People have just come up with mathematical models that predict them, and other people built tools designed to measure them. Since the prediction from the models and the measurements of the tools are really close to each other, people are just really sure they exist, but it's not proven.
You can read more on that here: http://www.wired.com/2016/02/6-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-gravitational-waves/

So even if we've gotten nothing out of this intake, at least we've come to learn something about science.

witojr120976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT, 2015 Acura TLX Tech.
When someone get this installed please let us know if you can feel the difference in power, I don't want to spend $280. for nothing.

nrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Can you guys make a NON-CAI? CAI are perfect for NA, but for turbo applications, you would want the shortest distance of piping from the intake filter to the turbo to produce the best flow. CAI is useless when an intercooler is there to help the cooling.

and how are you guys even dynoing a CVT transmission car?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Can you guys make a NON-CAI? CAI are perfect for NA, but for turbo applications, you would want the shortest distance of piping from the intake filter to the turbo to produce the best flow. CAI is useless when an intercooler is there to help the cooling.

and how are you guys even dynoing a CVT transmission car?
you can just remove the 2nd pipe to convert it to a SRI if you dont want to wait

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Putting all debate aside, suppose the gains are true. Spending a few hundred bucks and voiding my warranty in the process on a brand new vehicle, with an engine thats also new to Honda does not sound like a good idea to me. Nope, nope, nope.
I can respect that decision for sure.

Sigmacrash13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L
Country flag
When someone get this installed please let us know if you can feel the difference in power, I don't want to spend $280. for nothing.
I have it installed and personally can feel a difference in power, there's just an extra kick that wasn't there before but im not an expert just letting you know my experience, might be all in my head for all I know, but I feel the difference.

Sigmacrash13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T 1.5L
Country flag
You mean the tubing wouldn't fit?
I honestly don't know. I'm not an expert, just letting you know that they're asking for one and if they can use the same one for a 2.0L I don't know why they would go through all the trouble of making a specific one for it.

Buccal_Up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T
Country flag
Since we're throwing around the word scientific now, it actually happens to be the case that the opposite of what you said is true: measuring acceleration is a more "scientific" way of measuring power than by using your DYNO with a CVT.

This how science works: you create a hypothesis and you test it by collecting real world observations in a controlled experiment. Here, we have a controlled experiment: identical cars with only one variable changed. We can test and observe the outcome using real events in the real world and determine if it agrees with our hypothesis. Assuming no tire spin, you can can calculate exact WHP.

On the other hand, using a DYNO is not a test. It's not a scientific test at all. It is a tool used to measure horsepower, which yes, that is the hypothesis you're testing, but It is not a scientific test based on real world observations.

I can give you another great example that is also a quite timely one. If you've been reading the news, you may have heard people saying that we haven't really "proved" that gravitational waves exist. We've just collected data using a tool to measure gravitational waves, and since that data agrees with the models physicists have made, we've inferred the existence of gravitational waves. Not the same thing as "scientifically proving" something. Nobody has scientifically proved gravitational waves. People have just come up with mathematical models that predict them, and other people built tools designed to measure them. Since the prediction from the models and the measurements of the tools are really close to each other, people are just really sure they exist, but it's not proven.
You can read more on that here: http://www.wired.com/2016/02/6-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-gravitational-waves/

So even if we've gotten nothing out of this intake, at least we've come to learn something about science.
regardless if its a more scientific way or not, I think a dynamometer is about as accurate as you can get when it comes to measuring power output of a motor

Voxifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4D LX
Would adding this void the entire warranty or just the air intake warranty?

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag

I see where you're coming from, but in general a dyno is the gold standard of measuring power output of a vehicle. Now, when you throw the CVT into the mix, yes things get weird, so your point is taken. Once the manual transmission comes out though and Injen gets some more dyno tests done, I will take those power measurements to be more accurate than what 0-60 or quarter mile times could predict (based on the weight of the car, gearing, etc.). When used properly, a dyno is more precise and controllable measuring tool, especially when you get into higher horsepower vehicles where traction and other factors really become an issue in "back calculating" horsepower from acceleration times.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Would adding this void the entire warranty or just the air intake warranty?
See my previous post. Here is the law:

"...if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs."

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I have it installed and personally can feel a difference in power, there's just an extra kick that wasn't there before but im not an expert just letting you know my experience, might be all in my head for all I know, but I feel the difference.
Time to line up with someone and have a go!!!
Sponsored