Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EXL Navi 2017
Vehicle Showcase
The filter is definitely far out of the way, but it really shouldn't need to be replaced or cleaned anytime soon where it is and it's nicely protected by the splash guard
Sponsored

MikeRS1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
So what is going to be louder, and allow more of the turbo noise to come through, the short ram or the CAI?

And where is the cheapest place to purchase these at this time??

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
So what is going to be louder, and allow more of the turbo noise to come through, the short ram or the CAI?

I think you can hear the turbo more with the Short Ram since it's closer to the driver. Also Procivic.com has a Tax season sale on their site.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag

I have sri mishimoto and it produce less sound than a injen sri because the air box stop the sound a littlebit. The mishimoto sri can compare to the cai injen in term of loudness. I did a video of my sri.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a request for our 6MT owners... take a baseline dyno stock and then take another at least 10 miles after installing the intake. Virtual Dyno would be fine as long as the parameters aren't modified between readings, and ambient temps are within 5-10*.

I think it will help the community better understand what the real world gains will be on a typical car. And help clarify the "bolt-ons do nothing without a tune" argument.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
That wouldn't prove or disprove anything. Environmental variables can skew dyno, virtual dyno, or any other test. There's only one test that is repeatable and that is the drag strip. As long as you test both on the same night it will be within 1 tenth accuracy. Trap speed also is very accurate. Any other method of measuring gains is flawed, a dyno is not designed to show gains but to provide diagnostics to help tuners.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a request for our 6MT owners... take a baseline dyno stock and then take another at least 10 miles after installing the intake. Virtual Dyno would be fine as long as the parameters aren't modified between readings, and ambient temps are within 5-10*.

I think it will help the community better understand what the real world gains will be on a typical car. And help clarify the "bolt-ons do nothing without a tune" argument.

Tuesday morning my car will be on dyno for custom tune my flashpro. My ecu# is now covered by hondata and they send me thier new mishimoto +6 psi calibration and new software v2.6.1 . If i had time fo try, with and without stock airbox i will. i know here everybody say's that an intake do nothing in term of performance. I notice a gain of performance after 4k rpm only at low rpm it seem that the stock intake deliver more torque sensation but like i said after 4k the egine seem wake up a little more.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tuesday morning my car will be on dyno for custom tune my flashpro. My ecu# is now covered by hondata and they send me thier new mishimoto +6 psi calibration and new software v2.6.1 . If i had time fo try, with and without stock airbox i will. i know here everybody say's that an intake do nothing in term of performance. I notice a gain of performance after 4k rpm only at low rpm it seem that the stock intake deliver more torque sensation but like i said after 4k the egine seem wake up a little more.
Planning to get a Flashpro in a few months, do you have to send them your ECU# before you order?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Planning to get a Flashpro in a few months, do you have to send them your ECU# before you order?

On thier web site a list of ecu# supported is available. If your ecu is not on the list like me, contact them . They gave me two choice, 1- go to hondata dealer near who have a flashpro and tell them to read the ecu and sent data. Or 2- buy flashpro at 25% discount 520$ and read the ecu and sent data. They offer support 4 days later. Now my ecu is covered. I choose the 25% discount.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag

It is harder to dyno this car than previous generation Civics due to the ECU dynamically changing the timing. You have to dyno and datalog (with FlashPro) the car and keep ECT, IGN, knock control, air temps, etc. consistent within a small margin to really know if the part is gaining power or not. We just recently had this experience dyno'ing a throttle body spacer on our 2017 1.5T M/T sedan.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EXL Navi 2017
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 Hatchback. Where do I find the ECU and ECU number?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 2017 Hatchback. Where do I find the ECU and ECU number?

Right side of the air box the ecu is there and the ecu# is at left side of the ecu at the bottom, between ecu and air box, hard to see, i took a picture with my phone to see it.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On thier web site a list of ecu# supported is available. If your ecu is not on the list like me, contact them . They gave me two choice, 1- go to hondata dealer near who have a flashpro and tell them to read the ecu and sent data. Or 2- buy flashpro at 25% discount 520$ and read the ecu and sent data. They offer support 4 days later. Now my ecu is covered. I choose the 25% discount.
Nice, didn't know that. I'll have to give my ECU# a check later.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It is harder to dyno this car than previous generation Civics due to the ECU dynamically changing the timing. You have to dyno and datalog (with FlashPro) the car and keep ECT, IGN, knock control, air temps, etc. consistent within a small margin to really know if the part is gaining power or not. We just recently had this experience dyno'ing a throttle body spacer on our 2017 1.5T M/T sedan.
Interesting. Despite that, we've found VDs to provide strong insight in measuring % gains - even on sensitive ECUs. In these situations, the key seems to be capturing 4-5 baselines, then running the same stretch of road another 4-5 times to measure gains (if any). We layer the readings onto a single plot and take the median results for each.

That wouldn't prove or disprove anything. Environmental variables can skew dyno, virtual dyno, or any other test. There's only one test that is repeatable and that is the drag strip. As long as you test both on the same night it will be within 1 tenth accuracy. Trap speed also is very accurate. Any other method of measuring gains is flawed, a dyno is not designed to show gains but to provide diagnostics to help tuners.
I disagree. It's a tool like anything else. We're not looking to get WHP or projected performance. But we are paying attention to the delta over baseline and power under the curve. Based on the comments above, I'd probably rely more on a VD over a physical one. But in either case, we should get an idea of what's going on, give or take 5%.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
The problem is the give or take 5%.

If you take the same car, on the same day, and dyno it repeatedly, there is enough variation in the accuracy of one dyno and with the differing engine temperatures and differing atmospheric temperature and humidity throughout the day there will be a variation in the reading you get, and this is almost as accurate as you can make your machine. So there will be a difference of a few % even in the most ideal settings and even with multiple runs.

For more stringent tests, you can do A-B-A on same day and multiple runs on each one. When people have done this on other modern platforms, the differences in differing bolt-ons is pretty low and compared to stock. Even then, people usually don't do the statistical analysis and show the s.d. of the differing runs and the 95% confidence intervals, and I bet if you did the statistical analysis of the confidence intervals then a lot of the perceived gains would wash out into statistical noise.

When you start using different machines, even from the same model, different gas, different days with different atmospheric pressure/temperature/humidty, differing ECU settings, older oil, then the variation becomes startling high and getting meaningful data out of it becomes very challenging.
Sponsored