Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
This engine definitely does not have that typical Honda CAI roar like the SI, RSX etc. The intake IMO didn't make the engine sound louder AT ALL. I can hear the turbo sucking in air more at lower RPM and partial throttle. My guess is its because of that black flattened intake piece coming off the throttle body. For some reason that is silencing the sound. Probably affecting performance as well
I'm thinking the turbo is what keeps it quieter maybe. Does so with exhaust anyways. This is only my second Turbo car and the last one the intake really only gave you that air sucking sound and a little turbo noise. Which either one will add to my "audible enjoyment" of the car. Will miss that NA Honda CAI roar though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I've got the Injen SRI and heatsoak has never been an issue. It's got 15k km of summer and winter driving. I can honestly say, while datalogging I have never seen IAT above 100*f. This is of course going to be area dependant, I'm a bit more north than some members.
Good to know, we have not datalogged the short ram intake temps yet.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
29 HP, and 25 ft lbs...

With only a bolt on CAI...

BS
Those published gains were from a very hard to dyno CVT transmission model. You really have to read the first several pages of this thread to fully understand what is going on.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got the Injen SRI and heatsoak has never been an issue. It's got 15k km of summer and winter driving. I can honestly say, while datalogging I have never seen IAT above 100*f. This is of course going to be area dependant, I'm a bit more north than some members.
wow really good to know!!!!!
so with the intake you can still feel the boost going up with more sound?

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wow really good to know!!!!!
so with the intake you can still feel the boost going up with more sound?
Oh yea, if sound is what you're looking for this will get it done. From inside the car I can even hear the recirc valve "blow off". I'll try to get a video up. There are some already on YouTube, just search "injen intake civic 2016". You will see negligible power gains as the ECU will readjust to factory parameters unless you have it tuned. Your butt dyno may tell you differently, but it's definitely psychosomatic.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so no gain....more fun sound and no loss in performance......i think this is really good!

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a real power gain, but it is not 29 hp. It will depend on the boost level you're running. I think it is likely around a 8-10 hp gain on average. This is from testing done on the manual transmission.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a real power gain, but it is not 29 hp. It will depend on the boost level you're running. I think it is likely around a 8-10 hp gain on average. This is from testing done on the manual transmission.
Mine isn't injen but it looks the same... anyways I hope(plan) on getting numbers w/ CAI only and 91 on a dyno that a 6MT has been on stock w/87...

So not apples/apples but maybe someone else has dyno sheets to prove a % gained from 87 to 91 so I can rule that gain out and see what could be from intake (general idea anyways)

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
Has anyone who've installed a CAI or SRI notice any significant change in gas mileage (particularly hatch sport owners)? When I installed a SRI on my old Acura RSX, I noticed some gains in my gas mileage. Just wondering if people experienced the same issue on their new Civic. I want my hatchback to sound and perform a little better for fun, but I also drive 60 miles a day for work, so I don't want to screw up my gas mileage too much, lol. Currently leaning towards an SRI again just for the ease of swapping back and forth from stock.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Has anyone who've installed a CAI or SRI notice any significant change in gas mileage (particularly hatch sport owners)? When I installed a SRI on my old Acura RSX, I noticed some gains in my gas mileage. Just wondering if people experienced the same issue on their new Civic. I want my hatchback to sound and perform a little better for fun, but I also drive 60 miles a day for work, so I don't want to screw up my gas mileage too much, lol. Currently leaning towards an SRI again just for the ease of swapping back and forth from stock.

I have a sport hatch 6mt and i installed the mishimoto intake, before on stock tune with stock airbox the car did 35-40mpg, after i swaped for the mishimoto it did 32mpg daily driving not much highway some little road with a lot stop and go. Now with flashpro and mishimoto intake it does 25-30mpg, but i have an heavy foot since flashpro is on lol. With flashpro tune +6 and mishimoto intake i can do 40-45mpg on highway with normal driving.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Assuming a well designed aftermarket intake, in theory the car should get slightly better MPGs due to less intake restriction, but I'm not sure if it would be a measurable difference. The main thing that will affect your MPG is your driving habits.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Assuming a well designed aftermarket intake, in theory the car should get slightly better MPGs due to less intake restriction, but I'm not sure if it would be a measurable difference. The main thing that will affect your MPG is your driving habits.
And when you suddenly hear your turbo/bpv your driving habits ain't getting better... Lol I get on it all the time but I'm still getting decent mileage.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EXL Navi 2017
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Injen CAI and a Flashpro +6 tune. I have a hard time getting it out of Sport Mode, because it seems to perform so much better. The mileage suffers, but it's still pretty darn good

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
@PRO Civic, new to this thread, and honestly I'm not gonna try to sift through 56 pages...Is this Injen CAI for the 2017 civic California legal?
Sponsored