Infotaintment Update

sergeadmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2010 Civic DX, 2004 Pilot EX-L
Country flag
My infotainment seems laggy, and when I have the brightness turned all the way down, it flickers for 5 mins in the morning, anyone else have or had this issue? Would this fall under the J-11-16 bulletin?
I had my unit replaced - so far so good. no issues, and all gripes have been resolved so far.
While I am not sure that that IS the correct bulletin (I am pretty sure the bulletin that mine was under had an 8 in it), but there is a bulletin out there that handles intermittent touchscreen/display issues, touch issues, screen flashing/blacking out issues. Mine was serviced under this bulletin, and it seems like your issues fall right under it.

I would take it to your Honda Dealership and ask them to look at it, tell them that there is a service bulletin out there, perhaps even j1116, that replaces the display.
The display unit (the touchscreen) contains the BT/Wifi/Display Driver modules.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I had my unit replaced - so far so good. no issues, and all gripes have been resolved so far.
While I am not sure that that IS the correct bulletin (I am pretty sure the bulletin that mine was under had an 8 in it), but there is a bulletin out there that handles intermittent touchscreen/display issues, touch issues, screen flashing/blacking out issues. Mine was serviced under this bulletin, and it seems like your issues fall right under it.

I would take it to your Honda Dealership and ask them to look at it, tell them that there is a service bulletin out there, perhaps even j1116, that replaces the display.
The display unit (the touchscreen) contains the BT/Wifi/Display Driver modules.
Thanks, are you able to grab your bill from that time you got it fixed? The bulletin should be on the invoice they gave you. Thanks in advance.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @Julie1012 but I need the Canadian TSB. My car only seems to do it in the mornings when my dealer is closed (figures) and hasn't done it on my way home from work.. I don't get this car..

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring MSM
Country flag
Ah, sorry, I didn't catch the location. Mine was doing it very intermittently. I recorded it and texted it to the service guy.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, sorry, I didn't catch the location. Mine was doing it very intermittently. I recorded it and texted it to the service guy.
No worries, I have mine on film, but that's not good enough for my dealer apparently.. :nono:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha nooooo way, seems to only do it in the mornings though, so maybe it's some demons trying to escape my body before my day really gets underway @Kindred1 :rofl:

sergeadmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks, are you able to grab your bill from that time you got it fixed? The bulletin should be on the invoice they gave you. Thanks in advance.
Sure! I will post it tomorrow.
Ps: another day of driving, no more issues.

sergeadmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sure! I will post it tomorrow.
Ps: another day of driving, no more issues.
Sorry, no SB on there, however, they do say "As per Honda Service Bulletin", so one exists. All I know is that the SB had an 8 in it, not much help haha, but I am sure they will assist you when you show your issue to them, or show them this.
Honda Civic 10th gen Infotaintment Update hcKuDh5PAqCXky6OgmakbG4tBB4gkU82h3xO1rstuQotEddw9nYrMXEKhicCleXdcVP8gaRNUkQNrDMpZgq=w502-h891-no

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Almost hate to say anything, but the problem I had with the flashing on and off hasn't happened in 3 months and I didn't do anything. The problem of not "seeing" my phone is also very rare now. The only problem that I still have is sometimes there is no sound (then corrects itself) and it doesn't always find my iPod (but that might be the iPod).

sergeadmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Almost hate to say anything, but the problem I had with the flashing on and off hasn't happened in 3 months and I didn't do anything. The problem of not "seeing" my phone is also very rare now. The only problem that I still have is sometimes there is no sound (then corrects itself) and it doesn't always find my iPod (but that might be the iPod).
I get the issue where my android phone is not detected once in a while, maybe 2-3 times a week, just unplug the phone and plug it back in. I have a Samsung S6 Edge.

Rikee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX 2012 - Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Sadly, the no sound issue has come back since my head unit got replaced. Lost sound twice within a week. Going back to the dealer a fourth time to get this fix. The flashing issue has not come back yet.
Sponsored