Infotainment will often not turn on

AG$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
A few weeks ago, my infotainment started to face the following issue: essentially every other time or so it will not turn on at all. Along with it, the USB port below the infotainment unit won’t work either. According to the dash display, seems like radio and audio are working either. Screen just isn’t powering on at all. Turning car off and turning it on doesn’t seem to fix it. I replaced the audio fuse and the battery, but that didn’t resolve the issue. Screen seems to usually turn on first thing in the morning, but when I drive it five minutes away, turn it off and get back in 10 minutes later, it doesn’t work. Only partially fix I’ve seem to have been able to find is pulling the audio fuse while the car is on and sticking it back in will turn the head unit on. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
"pulling the audio fuse while the car is on and sticking it back in will turn the head unit on. "

This works?

OP
OP

AG$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
It seems to for the moment but as soon I turn the vehicle off, I’m faced with the same issue.
"pulling the audio fuse while the car is on and sticking it back in will turn the head unit on. "

This works?

This works?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It seems to for the moment but as soon I turn the vehicle off, I’m faced with the same issue.
This is beyond my knowledge of the car. We know the HU works. It may be some other component that is not synchronizing with the HU properly when they both turn on at the same time. Sorry, I don't have any more info than that.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Do a factory data reset. If that doesn't do it, you could go into the secret factory menu and maybe do a "unit check" or some such see if you see any failed components. There're also error logs you could pull in the secret menu. But be warned don't go into any calibration (such as camera and sensing cal) menu items as I heard you could screwed up the cals just by entering the menu item.

OP
OP

AG$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
Do a factory data reset. If that doesn't do it, you could go into the secret factory menu and maybe do a "unit check" or some such see if you see any failed components. There're also error logs you could pull in the secret menu. But be warned don't go into any calibration (such as camera and sensing cal) menu items as I heard you could screwed up the cals just by entering the menu item.

Tried the factory reset, haven’t had it not turn on yet. Gonna try to turn it on a few more times today. Curious enough, when I clicked reset, it went through a reboot and the anti-theft window came up indicating that it had lost power. This is of course odd because I’m quite certain it did not lose power in the middle of restarting. Also tried the diagnostic. Nothing obvious came up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment will often not turn on 4D593928-A144-4216-85A6-EBBF158A2DC3

OP
OP

AG$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
This is beyond my knowledge of the car. We know the HU works. It may be some other component that is not synchronizing with the HU properly when they both turn on at the same time. Sorry, I don't have any more info than that.
Any guesses on components?

OP
OP

AG$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
Tried the factory reset, haven’t had it not turn on yet. Gonna try to turn it on a few more times today. Curious enough, when I clicked reset, it went through a reboot and the anti-theft window came up indicating that it had lost power. This is of course odd because I’m quite certain it did not lose power in the middle of restarting. Also tried the diagnostic. Nothing obvious came up.

4D593928-A144-4216-85A6-EBBF158A2DC3.jpeg
Update: 3 for 3 on turning on. Fingers crossed. Maybe the factory reset did it.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Oops forgot about the anti-theft. lol... That's normal. I got that on mine too when I last reset it ages ago. No worries, it tells you to hold the power button or something to start it up if I remember correctly. I guess when you do a factory data reset, it just completely erases the flash memory so in a way it does look like a power failure to the firmware.

If your problem starts to come back, then go into

Detail Information & Setting->Unit Check->Error History (Again, don't go into any cal menus. Anything to do with cameras, guidelines, sensing, etc..)

There you can pull the hard and soft errors. Not sure if you'll see anything useful there. But the service manual mentioned these DTCs.

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment will often not turn on 1631664495249
Sponsored

Last edited: