Infotainment System - not working

MarkP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At first I encountered the continuous beeping problem like it beeps 3 to 5 times and it goes back to the main menu every time you've select a menu like Apple CarPlay, etc. I didn't capture a video for this but the following day, I have this another problem. :mad: Please check the video and let me know you have the same issue...

Sponsored

Freejay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Civic Touring
It looks like the system is still responsive to physical buttons.
It might mean that something is wrong with the capacitive touchscreen and capacitive buttons on your infotainment display. I'd take it to a dealer for a replacement.

fancy19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Si
I
At first I encountered the continuous beeping problem like it beeps 3 to 5 times and it goes back to the main menu every time you've select a menu like Apple CarPlay, etc. I didn't capture a video for this but the following day, I have this another problem. :mad: Please check the video and let me know you have the same issue...

I have the beep, menu issue as well......how common is this and is it a warranty issue or whats going on?? 2016 Touring here.

OP
OP
MarkP

MarkP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like the system is still responsive to physical buttons.
It might mean that something is wrong with the capacitive touchscreen and capacitive buttons on your infotainment display. I'd take it to a dealer for a replacement.
I temporarily resolved the issue by disconnecting the battery terminal and reconnect to reset the system and it went back to normal state. But if this will happen again, I'll ask the dealer for a replacement.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
I had an issue with my infotainment that made it constantly beep and not respond to my inputs. I had to turn off the ignition and start it back, it was fine for a while then it did it again. The dealer did an update to it and it stopped completely, they ended up changing it because the brightness button was not working.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car is an EXT, had it for 4 months. 1st time it acted up on me today. Came home from work, went out about 45 min later and when I started the car, the screen stayed blank. Tried turning it on and off, no response from the buttons. After i put it in R to back out, the camera came on after a little delay and when I put it in D, the screen displayed the H emblem and operated normally after that.

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
I had an issue with my infotainment that made it constantly beep and not respond to my inputs. I had to turn off the ignition and start it back, it was fine for a while then it did it again. The dealer did an update to it and it stopped completely, they ended up changing it because the brightness button was not working.
do you happen to know what update this was?
Sponsored