Infotainment System Crapped Out

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
You have a brand new car that is still under warranty and you have the right to have a loaner of equal value.
False. Neither Honda nor the dealer have any legal obligation whatsoever to provide a loaner of any value - equal, lesser, or greater. Many dealers do maintain a fleet of vehicles to use as various loaners and rentals at their cost, but you are not guaranteed one. The Honda new vehicle limited warranty does not provide for a loaner. Some brands' warranties do provide for a loaner under varying circumstances - sometimes it applies to same-day repairs while other times it applies only to repairs that take more than one day.

The extended Honda Care warranty does provide for a loaner, but there is no guarantee it will be of equal or greater value - and may not even be a Honda.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MrFahrenheitMF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
False. Neither Honda nor the dealer have any legal obligation whatsoever to provide a loaner of any value - equal, lesser, or greater. Many dealers do maintain a fleet of vehicles to use as various loaners and rentals at their cost, but you are not guaranteed one. The Honda new vehicle limited warranty does not provide for a loaner. Some brands' warranties do provide for a loaner under varying circumstances - sometimes it applies to same-day repairs while other times it applies only to repairs that take more than one day.

The extended Honda Care warranty does provide for a loaner, but there is no guarantee it will be of equal or greater value - and may not even be a Honda.
Well, they've already given me a loaner once, and they said they'll provide one when they replace my head unit. So...

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So, I went in today, the guy said they just had to do an update because there was a glitch. I am 99999999.9% that he just reseted my unit and nothing happened. IT works etc, but whatever. I am going in tomorrow to deal with the rattling on my sound system.

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)

This might be true but from a customer service point of view, it would be wise to do what ever it takes within your power to make the customer happy especially when it's a new car purchase. I know if I were the manager of that store, I would certainly hope to make you happy and satisfied enough to eventually come back to purchase another new car when the time comes. Word of mouth also travels fast and with social media these days, bad customer service can destroy businesses.

OP
OP
MrFahrenheitMF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I also posted this in the Warranty Thread:

So, here's the latest:

I waited until the Friday after the Monday I called and spoke with Honda customer service to see if I'd be contacted by the service manager. Despite the Honda case manager saying he had pushed the authorization for the parts and service through, and that the service manager was ordering the parts as we speak, I never heard anything. so I called Friday to speak with the service manager to get an update. First, I was spoke to very rudely by a CSR who insisted I needed to leave a voicemail for the service manager because she could find him to get him on the phone. I told her I'm not happy with this response and I'm on my way to the dealership to speak with the dealership manager. Got to the dealership and spoke with the assistant manager. He listened and said okay, let me go talk to the service manager and see what's going on. Meanwhile, I see the service manager creeping around in the background, who has clearly seen me talking to the assistant manager.

Anyway, a few minutes later, the assistant manager returns and says he spoke with the service manager and that he'd like to talk to me in the service garage. So, I go find him. He's full of apologies for "the lack of communication" and that he has ordered the parts and that they will be here on the following Monday, and to bring my Civic in on Monday morning and they'll set me up with a loaner and get this fixed for me ASAP.

Monday morning, I take my Civic in, and I'm given a loaner Civic. 2015 Civic EX. The guy who checks me out on the loaner reminds me not to smoke in the loaner, and no pets allowed in the loaner. Fine. I don't smoke, my cats are house cats. I drive away, headed to work, and I quickly realize this loaner REEKS of cigarette smoke and the interior is INFESTED with white dog hair, front and back seats, and the entire thing is disgustingly dirty. I took pics, just in case. Right away I call the service dept to say that while I'm very appreciative they've provided me a loaner, the one they've given me is FILTHY and I don't want to be responsible for the condition of the loaner when I return it. All I get from the service tech I spoke with is "Oh, sorry, sometimes we don't check the loaner when we get it back from the customer. Sorry about that." That's it, no offer to replace it or even clean it. I leave a message for the service manager to call me back about this, but of course he never does.

I don't hear anything about the progress of my repairs on Monday, even though the service manager said he'd give me daily updates. Whatever. I figure I'll give him until 6:30pm on Tuesday to call me back. He finally calls me around 5pm to give me the bad news: the parts are still not delivered. So I've driven this filthy loaner for two days for no reason. He says he'll call me on Wednesday when he finds out when the parts will actually arrive. He calls back and says Thursday for sure, bring my Civic back (this is the third time they've had my car) on Thursday, he'll give me another loaner, and they'll make the repairs ASAP. So, they've got my Civic, they actually gave me a decent late model Accord as a loaner, not smelly, pretty clean. We'll see what happens now.

Also, the Honda case manager called yesterday to ask me how things were going, so I gave him an earful. He said once the repairs are complete and to my satisfaction, we'll talk about compensation from Honda to "make this right." Not sure what he means by this, but I'm open to hearing what they'll offer.

Will update.

OP
OP
MrFahrenheitMF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
So, here's the latest:

After all that, they finally replaced my infotainment system and I'm good to go. The service manager apologized profusely, took full responsibility, asked me for one more chance to impress me if my vehicle needed service in the future, etc. I told him I'd consider it. Honda customer service said they're going to send me a $100 Honda gift card for my trouble. Hopefully all I'll need in the future is regularly scheduled maintenance and I won't have to need any service.

What should I spend the $100 Honda gift card on?

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
So, here's the latest:

After all that, they finally replaced my infotainment system and I'm good to go. The service manager apologized profusely, took full responsibility, asked me for one more chance to impress me if my vehicle needed service in the future, etc. I told him I'd consider it. Honda customer service said they're going to send me a $100 Honda gift card for my trouble. Hopefully all I'll need in the future is regularly scheduled maintenance and I won't have to need any service.

What should I spend the $100 Honda gift card on?
Glad they got it fixed.
As far as that gift card, need a trunk liner, window guards, mud guards, etc Or if you can diy get oil and filters.
Sponsored