Infotainment system - blank screen

finneylp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, 2016
Country flag
When I turned on my car this morning the infotainment screen is completely blank - no carplay, menu, home button - nothing. Also, the steering wheel controls for audio source are not working (cannot turn on AM/FM, bluetooth...). And, for good measure the rear view and right side camera are not showing up. Nothing that normally shows on the screen is working.

I tried restarting the car several times, and my phone for good measure. No change

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to call the dealer to log the problem, but I'll probably try disconnecting the battery before I take it in.

My car is 9 months old, 16k miles.
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Hold the power button till the system reboots.
Turning the car on and off doesn't turn off the infotainment system.

kseclx10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T
When I turned on my car this morning the infotainment screen is completely blank - no carplay, menu, home button - nothing. Also, the steering wheel controls for audio source are not working (cannot turn on AM/FM, bluetooth...). And, for good measure the rear view and right side camera are not showing up. Nothing that normally shows on the screen is working.

I tried restarting the car several times, and my phone for good measure. No change

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to call the dealer to log the problem, but I'll probably try disconnecting the battery before I take it in.

My car is 9 months old, 16k miles.
Same issue. Yesterday it was blank with the side buttons illuminated and it was locked on the radio station I had on previously. I could change the volume though. Today it was black again but it would show my rear view camera and lane watch camera but i would flicker in and out. It also showed some message about the power being lost and something about anti-theft. I tried to hold the power button but that does nothing. Wonder if there is a bad ground or something and it keeps loosing power. I was previously having issues with the voice recognition part of the software also. Just set up an appointment at the dealer...