Infotainment system beeps incessantly

HIcivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. So I have a few questions.

What is the sensitivity you are set to?

Is this less than the default setting?

Is it a number or a range on a bar graph,& about where is yours.

Thank you for the comments.
Sponsored

g_licairac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. So I have a few questions.

What is the sensitivity you are set to?

Is this less than the default setting?

Is it a number or a range on a bar graph,& about where is yours.

Thank you for the comments.
The sensitivity has two levels, when I bought the car I had to touch several times the screen to select somethings on the Apple CarPlay so I set it to high. After that the beeping started I read somewhere that lowering the sensitivity would fix this as it could be the dust on the screen activating the touch. After I lowered it it has not done it again and it has been over a month. You can lower it on settings. I forgot the path to do it, check on the owners manual.

mst3k0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
I have an EX-T and it was doing the beeping and I lowered the sensitivity of the touchscreen and it stoped doing it. Try it and see if it fixes your problems. Mine has been trouble free after I did it

Thanks for this. This fixed my problem as well. No more crazy beeping since I did this.

HIcivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you! I sure wish my service dept was a bit more willing to ask Honda for a fix, instead of looking at me like I was crazy, with the usual story " the service tech took it for a 5 mile drive & couldn't find anything wrong"........

Now the value of this forum is obvious,& I really appreciate the help!

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My shit is already on Low Sensitivity and it fucking beeps on like every 4 or 5 drives

What the fuck

12,000 miles in and the electronics is the only issue so far

Loce the car but one time it just beeped incessantly and wouldnt stop

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
My shit is already on Low Sensitivity and it fucking beeps on like every 4 or 5 drives

What the fuck

12,000 miles in and the electronics is the only issue so far

Loce the car but one time it just beeped incessantly and wouldnt stop
If the dealership won't agree to replace it, call Honda corporate. Make sure to make videos when it does this so you have proof.

HIcivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the dealership won't agree to replace it, call Honda corporate. Make sure to make videos when it does this so you have proof.
Hey. I started this thread & I'll tell you how I got this taken care of.
After being blown off by the service dept as a 'unreliable customer ', I had my spouse video the info-tainment display "rebooting" and beeping incessantly.
I scheduled another service, attached the video to my service managers email.

The dealer's service manager contacted me, told me the parts were in stock for a infotainment display replacement. Thanked me up an down for the 'proof' & documentation necessary to get at this problem.

The service was done and the entire problem was handled in one afternoon.

It's kinda interesting as the Consumer Reports gives the 10th gen Civic an Overall BEATING over the infotainment / electronics system, even though all the other ratings are great! So you would Think that the service dept would be knowledge about this issue.

All this and your dealer is blowing you off??? Wow. I'd think they would be more customer focused!
Oh, and yes, there IS a Service Bulletin covering this too!
Good luck!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey. I started this thread & I'll tell you how I got this taken care of.
After being blown off by the service dept as a 'unreliable customer ', I had my spouse video the info-tainment display "rebooting" and beeping incessantly.
I scheduled another service, attached the video to my service managers email.

The dealer's service manager contacted me, told me the parts were in stock for a infotainment display replacement. Thanked me up an down for the 'proof' & documentation necessary to get at this problem.

The service was done and the entire problem was handled in one afternoon.

It's kinda interesting as the Consumer Reports gives the 10th gen Civic an Overall BEATING over the infotainment / electronics system, even though all the other ratings are great! So you would Think that the service dept would be knowledge about this issue.

All this and your dealer is blowing you off??? Wow. I'd think they would be more customer focused!
Oh, and yes, there IS a Service Bulletin covering this too!
Good luck!
Oh they know about it, Honda has to approve all replacements of the infotainment system under warranty. And before they will do that they make the dealership jump through hoops for it.
I gave my dealership video after video which they forwarded on to Honda, all Honda kept telling them to do was reset the system and give the car back to me.
Finally when the screen kept freezing and not allowing me to turn on my A/C in 100+ degree temperatures last summer, I threatened to sue Honda if they did not replace it, because I have severe asthma and getting into a brutally hot car with no way to turn on my A/C in my Touring model because the screen was frozen, if I died or had a hospitalization it would be on their hands. Suddenly they became very cooperative and immediately authorized the replacement of the system. Once replaced it functioned flawlessly.

HIcivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh they know about it, Honda has to approve all replacements of the infotainment system under warranty. And before they will do that they make the dealership jump through hoops for it.
I gave my dealership video after video which they forwarded on to Honda, all Honda kept telling them to do was reset the system and give the car back to me.
Finally when the screen kept freezing and not allowing me to turn on my A/C in 100+ degree temperatures last summer, I threatened to sue Honda if they did not replace it, because I have severe asthma and getting into a brutally hot car with no way to turn on my A/C in my Touring model because the screen was frozen, if I died or had a hospitalization it would be on their hands. Suddenly they became very cooperative and immediately authorized the replacement of the system. Once replaced it functioned flawlessly.
Wow! What total HORSECRAP from Honda & your dealer!

Here in Hawaii there are lemon laws which state that "if the vehicle is serviced for the same issue three times without resolution the dealer/manufacturer must buy it back for full price and/or Replace it with another vehicle at the same value." Customers choice.
I would definitely check the lemon laws in your state and STICK IT TO BOTH HONDA & your Dealer!
There is NO REASON to put up with that CRAP!
Besides that kind of publicity goes A LONG LONG WAY.......The Internet is your friend in this case.
I hope you can get resolution on this as well as recourse to your satisfaction!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! What total HORSECRAP from Honda & your dealer!

Here in Hawaii there are lemon laws which state that "if the vehicle is serviced for the same issue three times without resolution the dealer/manufacturer must buy it back for full price and/or Replace it with another vehicle at the same value." Customers choice.
I would definitely check the lemon laws in your state and STICK IT TO BOTH HONDA & your Dealer!
There is NO REASON to put up with that CRAP!
Besides that kind of publicity goes A LONG LONG WAY.......The Internet is your friend in this case.
I hope you can get resolution on this as well as recourse to your satisfaction!
I got rid of the car. I was sick of the problems. The dealer gave me an excellent trade in value and an excellent deal on a new 2016 CRV. I very much regret being an early adopter.
MA also has lemon laws, but I am unsure how they work on leases. Honda sent an engineer to the dealership to try to find the source of the rattles in the door and trunk area when listening to music.
They tried a few repair ideas, nothing worked, I got sick of dealing with it. I don't blame the dealership, if they replace an expensive part without permission from Honda, it comes out of their pocket. For the infotainment that's expensive enough warranty part it has to be approved by Honda Corporate. 2 months ago today I got my CRV and not one single problem. I went for the 2016 instead of the 2017 for a couple reasons, 1 similarity to the interior and infotainment of the Civic 2 fear of infotainment issues 3 crazy good lease and purchase deals on 2016s and I don't want to be an early adopter again. I'll wait a few years and make sure they got the bugs out of the new body style CRVs before I get one.

HIcivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got rid of the car. I was sick of the problems. The dealer gave me an excellent trade in value and an excellent deal on a new 2016 CRV. I very much regret being an early adopter.
MA also has lemon laws, but I am unsure how they work on leases. Honda sent an engineer to the dealership to try to find the source of the rattles in the door and trunk area when listening to music.
They tried a few repair ideas, nothing worked, I got sick of dealing with it. I don't blame the dealership, if they replace an expensive part without permission from Honda, it comes out of their pocket. For the infotainment that's expensive enough warranty part it has to be approved by Honda Corporate. 2 months ago today I got my CRV and not one single problem. I went for the 2016 instead of the 2017 for a couple reasons, 1 similarity to the interior and infotainment of the Civic 2 fear of infotainment issues 3 crazy good lease and purchase deals on 2016s and I don't want to be an early adopter again. I'll wait a few years and make sure they got the bugs out of the new body style CRVs before I get one.
Cool. Glad you got closure. This is a great resource for 10 gen owners & enthusiasts.
I thank goodness every day for the Internet & people who can share their wisdom & history with this auto.
In many years of driving & lots of makes /models behind me, my vote is with Honda or Toyota.
All N all I'm very happy with my Agean Blue EX-T.
If it was just me, it would be a '17 hatchback with a 6 speed stick and & R or SE coupe....compromise w/ da boss. Oh well. It's still fun to drive,& looks sharp,& easy to find in a sea of white, silver, tan or black autos(in the parking lot).

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool. Glad you got closure. This is a great resource for 10 gen owners & enthusiasts.
I thank goodness every day for the Internet & people who can share their wisdom & history with this auto.
In many years of driving & lots of makes /models behind me, my vote is with Honda or Toyota.
All N all I'm very happy with my Agean Blue EX-T.
If it was just me, it would be a '17 hatchback with a 6 speed stick and & R or SE coupe....compromise w/ da boss. Oh well. It's still fun to drive,& looks sharp,& easy to find in a sea of white, silver, tan or black autos(in the parking lot).
If I go back to a Civic it would be the Sport Touring Hatchback, I hear it comes in a stick?

HIcivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I go back to a Civic it would be the Sport Touring Hatchback, I hear it comes in a stick?
Not sure about specifics, but the talk is more options as far as transmissions for '17's.

It's a sad state of affairs in that a stick will allow u to not worry abt entire population of millenials or gen X ers driving your ride!

My offspring ages 26&29 can ACTUALLY drive stick......a rarity. Difference between JUST driving & MOTORING

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about specifics, but the talk is more options as far as transmissions for '17's.

It's a sad state of affairs in that a stick will allow u to not worry abt entire population of millenials or gen X ers driving your ride!

My offspring ages 26&29 can ACTUALLY drive stick......a rarity. Difference between JUST driving & MOTORING
I got forced into giving up a stick, because if I want luxury goodies and high end audio I cannot get that in a stick, such BS one of the reasons I used to love Honda most, you could get their highest end vehicles with a stick. Neither of my kids 21 and 29 are willing to drive a stick, and I dont have one anymore to teach them. If I got a new Civic with a stick I sure wouldn't teach them on a brand new car lol

HIcivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got forced into giving up a stick, because if I want luxury goodies and high end audio I cannot get that in a stick, such BS one of the reasons I used to love Honda most, you could get their highest end vehicles with a stick. Neither of my kids 21 and 29 are willing to drive a stick, and I dont have one anymore to teach them. If I got a new Civic with a stick I sure wouldn't teach them on a brand new car lol
Understood. Both my kids drive Civics. A 2004, & a 2005 LX, 5 speed stick. One is here on big island(son), daughter was so impressed that she got the 05 in Honolulu without even knowing how to drive stick. A potentially horrifying experience in the WORST city in the entire 50 states (as far as drivers goes)!
My son went over and gave her a "crash course" in 'motoring skills'; I went there a month later & corrected her skill set(luckily she had not yet destroyed clutch /transmission), and now 4 months later, she's a champ! What sweet rides, and both with about 100K miles, many many great years ahead!
Sponsored