Infotainment software update?

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
Hello guys

After several attempts I finally was able to update F197.00 to F197.60. Both US firmwares.

After updating screen shows the state of being stuck (not going to home menu, I see what s attached). Is there any wipe reset without going to dealer?

I have been NOT turning off vehicle or removing USB during the update process.
20200924_211238.jpg
Hit the voice command button (bottom right button on the steering wheel,under the info button). It will bring up a screen. Say Voice settings. Then go to system settings and factory data reset.
Hopefully with a fresh wipe everything will be working properly.

marinexix

First Name
marinexix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5d hatchbak 1.5 Turbo CVT
Country flag
Just updated my infotainment system to 197.70 in my 2017 Civic sport uk spec. Everything looks as it did before and I can confirm that Honda hack still works.
The only thing that has changed is the position of the sidebar in Apple CarPlay. Being uk spec the bar used to be on the right side of the screen, it is now on the left hand side. Can’t find a way to change this back.
After a quick test it appears that the update hasn’t fixed the popping cracking sound when using google maps on CarPlay. I’m running the latest iOS (14) too.
In the second hidden menu of the unit there is an option in which you can change what type of driving you do, steering wheel to the right or to the left, you can also change the start logo of the screen with that of the typeR

marinexix

First Name
marinexix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just updated my infotainment system to 197.70 in my 2017 Civic sport uk spec. Everything looks as it did before and I can confirm that Honda hack still works.
The only thing that has changed is the position of the sidebar in Apple CarPlay. Being uk spec the bar used to be on the right side of the screen, it is now on the left hand side. Can’t find a way to change this back.
After a quick test it appears that the update hasn’t fixed the popping cracking sound when using google maps on CarPlay. I’m running the latest iOS (14) too.

Attachments

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
Does anyone have a link to the 1.F196.39 software?

Based on what I've read you can't downgrade the firmware so if you already flashed to 1.F197.00 you won't be able to switch to F196.39. True?

Last edited:

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
When the infotainment software is updated what devices in the vehicle are affected? The software update TSB references the audio head unit as the "Failed part number." I think the screen is also affected though because the software version number is encoded there. Anyway, looking for clarification...

marinexix

First Name
marinexix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When the infotainment software is updated what devices in the vehicle are affected? The software update TSB references the audio head unit as the "Failed part number." I think the screen is also affected though because the software version number is encoded there. Anyway, looking for clarification...
Have you tried doing a factory reset after the update? If you have not done it, try it, after installing the 197.70 I solve all the errors including those of some corrupt files

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
Have you tried doing a factory reset after the update? If you have not done it, try it, after installing the 197.70 I solve all the errors including those of some corrupt files
Can't remember if I did the factory reset. All I know is that Android Auto music wouldn't play after the update. I wound up buying a head unit w/screen off ebay that had the old software level and AA music is working again.

BrianL4710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Anyone try the F197.60 on a 2017 Civic sedan? Might try it out soon since I already put the 197.00 version in my car.

AG$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
Hello guys

After several attempts I finally was able to update F197.00 to F197.60. Both US firmwares.

After updating screen shows the state of being stuck (not going to home menu, I see what s attached). Is there any wipe reset without going to dealer?

I have been NOT turning off vehicle or removing USB during the update process.
20200924_211238.jpg
Were you able to resolve this issue?

chicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
My head unit in my 2016 EX sedan is in a bad state. I was having annoying issues with reboots and the unit not coming on when the car was cold (usually stopping and starting the engine fixed this) so I tried factory reset and updating from 197.00 -> 197.60. The update seemed to go ok, but now the unit is basically unusable.

It boots, so it’s not exactly bricked. On powerup I still see the H logo, and it does start Bluetooth because it connects to my phone, but it only boots to a black screen (no graphics) and the left side buttons are not working but the backlight is on. However, if I put it in reverse the backup camera comes on and seems to work, but once that “disconnects” the last frame stays stuck on the screen until the unit is rebooted again. The steering wheel controls don’t do anything either (they still work, just nothing related to the head unit).

At this point I’ll try anything since the car is way out of warranty. I saw some references to being able to completely reset using a restore.rom (unfortunately I don’t have one from mine, so if someone has one that should work I’d appreciate it) but I haven’t been able to find a procedure for restoring it. Does anyone know how to do that, or have any ideas what else I could possibly try?

Thanks

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
At this point I’ll try anything since the car is way out of warranty. I saw some references to being able to completely reset using a restore.rom (unfortunately I don’t have one from mine, so if someone has one that should work I’d appreciate it) but I haven’t been able to find a procedure for restoring it. Does anyone know how to do that, or have any ideas what else I could possibly try?

Thanks
Maybe replace the display? A new one is $600, or a used one on ebay is about $230. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...57.m570.l1313&_nkw=2016+civic+screen&_sacat=0
Sponsored