Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2016
Country flag
Hi!

I placed all the folders on the root.
I got a mail form Honda Hungary, and they confirmed, this is the latest update for the HU.
So I spent 30 min trying to make it work. Plugging pen drive here and there, waiting, pressing POWR audio button and not. Nothing made it work. Thinking of using just swupdate file placed in the root (in fact, I updated my old version to F197. 00 this way)
Sponsored

teletxt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 Sport EUDM
Country flag
So I spent 30 min trying to make it work. Plugging pen drive here and there, waiting, pressing POWR audio button and not. Nothing made it work. Thinking of using just swupdate file placed in the root (in fact, I updated my old version to F197. 00 this way)
In that case try the method you mentioned.

alexproshak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2016
Country flag
In that case try the method you mentioned.
I was going to do so anyway tonight. Cause none of the official ways worked, so I'll try just the swupdate file in the root.

Firsts will try with F197.60 from the few posts above, as it looks like suitable for US models

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
so, does it still happen that Android Auto has no audio output once the latest software update for the headunit is installed?

and it only happens with hondahack installed, right?

elijahblake

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
so, does it still happen that Android Auto has no audio output once the latest software update for the headunit is installed?

I believe what you are referring to is the latest Android 11 update on phones has broken Android Auto Audio. Or at least it did for me.. Pixel 4a

This is the latest firmware for the head unit.

And I have not applied the firmware yet, I'm trying to see if Honda Hack will still work or not first.

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
no, that problem i mentioned has nothing to do with Android 11 on phones.

many people were reporting issues after upgrading the firmware on the headunit, resulting in no sound via Android Auto. (and still no fix for that?)

teletxt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 Sport EUDM
Country flag

What is your HU sw version?

Taberoo

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport 1.5 turbo
Country flag
Just updated my infotainment system to 197.70 in my 2017 Civic sport uk spec. Everything looks as it did before and I can confirm that Honda hack still works.
The only thing that has changed is the position of the sidebar in Apple CarPlay. Being uk spec the bar used to be on the right side of the screen, it is now on the left hand side. Canā€™t find a way to change this back.
After a quick test it appears that the update hasnā€™t fixed the popping cracking sound when using google maps on CarPlay. Iā€™m running the latest iOS (14) too.

CastorX

First Name
BalƔzs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Just updated my infotainment system to 197.70 in my 2017 Civic sport uk spec. Everything looks as it did before and I can confirm that Honda hack still works.
The only thing that has changed is the position of the sidebar in Apple CarPlay. Being uk spec the bar used to be on the right side of the screen, it is now on the left hand side. Canā€™t find a way to change this back.
After a quick test it appears that the update hasnā€™t fixed the popping cracking sound when using google maps on CarPlay. Iā€™m running the latest iOS (14) too.
So Iā€˜m not the only one with the popping sound in gmaps. Good to know.

alexproshak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2016
Country flag
Hello guys

After several attempts I finally was able to update F197.00 to F197.60. Both US firmwares.

After updating screen shows the state of being stuck (not going to home menu, I see what s attached). Is there any wipe reset without going to dealer?

I have been NOT turning off vehicle or removing USB during the update process.
Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 20200924_211238

alexproshak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2016
Country flag
Hi everyone

Mayne someone has the recovery.rom backed up for 2016 head unit? In case if yes plz share.... Will help a lot. Thanks

alexproshak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2016
Country flag
Did anyone swap head units between different car trims? I plan to put into mine 2016 EX the head unit from 2016 Touring. Will that work? (maybe also I'll have the maps)))
Sponsored