dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Honestly right now i gave up waiting for any firmware updates for the Infotainment system

Maybe we will get something from 11th Gen Civic to swap in or waiting a little more for 3rd party Android Head Units to have better specs
Bluetooth 5
Wifi 6
4GB Ram
8nm SOC
Android 10
11 inch screen
etc

We are almost there
Sponsored

IAmNoSer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Have you guys tried the Honda Firmware Downloader? Someone on a CR-V forum posted a link to the software (the older version that doesn’t require a dealer login) and I was able to put in the latest TSB number with an Infotainment update for my model along with my VIN and it downloaded an update to a USB. I haven’t tried installing it on my car yet, but I think it’s worth a shot. Below is the forum thread with a link to the software:

https://www.crvownersclub.com/threa...-infotainment-screen-going-dark.199668/page-2

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Have you guys tried the Honda Firmware Downloader? Someone on a CR-V forum posted a link to the software (the older version that doesn’t require a dealer login) and I was able to put in the latest TSB number with an Infotainment update for my model along with my VIN and it downloaded an update to a USB. I haven’t tried installing it on my car yet, but I think it’s worth a shot. Below is the forum thread with a link to the software:

https://www.crvownersclub.com/threa...-infotainment-screen-going-dark.199668/page-2
Not me; I'm on a Mac and it won't run an .exe app.

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
I’m wondering myself lately I’ve been getting random black screen crashes/restarts. Sometimes on Apple maps or pandora and the music will just stop the screen will turn black and after few seconds go back to the apps screen. Anyone familiar with this issue and if a software update exists?
My left hand lane watch went black and the dealer said they fixed it with an update,that was about 8 months ago

cheddaboi

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
After reading 40 pages of the thread I have decided to upgrade my firmware myself.

backstory: USA | 2016 Honda Civic Sedan 4 Door EX-L w/ Honda Sensing
Mainly used for Apple carplay

firmware: 1.F825 something. I know it’s in the F8_ _ —> upgrading to 1.F970 ?

issue: via USB CarPlay stopped working. The annoying ghost back button was the main persistent thing that annoyed the heck outta me. ESP when i had the sound to touch turned on (don’t mind me, i just figured out how to turn it off lol). A lot of lags (maybe because i had Honda hack installed w YouTube and Netflix lol). And just mainly a lot of bugs.

i will be reporting back later on today when i go and do it. Will provide image and video maybe,

will be referencing from thread (page 19)
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/infotainment-software-update.16505/post-423122

and using service bulletin instructions (A18-001)
https://www.civicx.com/forum/attachments/a18-001-pdf.100930/

& the link to the download to the A18-001 (shout out to @ShakenPuma & @carrsteven)
https://mega.nz/file/3GZz3LwD#YN_y2_YUItfWoHM4alHVMR3vBeJ95HZ7pZfLjKq9xM0

I know my 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L is not listed but after reading 40 pages of this thread, the turnaround seemed promising. I haven't had much luck at the dealership. even calling ahead they seemed to not understand or just denies that there is an update available (which there probably isn't since my car isn't listed in the service bulletin and I'm sure they don't want to risk).

So I'll go ahead and take the initiative and hope for the best!

wish me luck!

Last edited:

cheddaboi

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
After reading 40 pages of the thread I have decided to upgrade my firmware myself.

issue: via USB CarPlay stopped working. The annoying ghost back button was the main persistent thing that annoyed the heck outta me. ESP when i had the sound to touch turned on (don’t mind me, i just figured out how to turn it off lol). A lot of lags (maybe because i had Honda hack installed w YouTube and Netflix lol). And just mainly a lot of bugs.

i will be reporting back later on today when i go and do it. Will provide image and video maybe,

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/infotainment-software-update.16505/post-423122

& the link to the download to the A18-001 (shout out to @ShakenPuma & @carrsteven)

I know my 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L is not listed but after reading 40 pages of this thread, the turnaround seemed promising. I haven't had much luck at the dealership. even calling ahead they seemed to not understand or just denies that there is an update available (which there probably isn't since my car isn't listed in the service bulletin and I'm sure they don't want to risk).

wish me luck!
2 days later no issues. Seems just a tad more responsive. I’ve seen the ghost back button still happen but not as much. Maybe because it’s the summer. And it usually goes crazy during the winter. Haven’t tried Android Auto (heard people had issues w AA after the update). No android to try on. But otherwise, can’t complain!

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 9D2DCCB2-1392-4575-A30C-73751DA33711

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 02F07360-63F6-40E3-A073-E18B89AD5030

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 8543CC12-4484-42EF-B0AE-725CA0FB78AD

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 454EF687-7EEA-4536-8AC0-E8FCFAF5ADE7

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
when I originally installed it (i think the same version) in my 2016 Touring sedan, my dealer couldn't reset the maintenance minder after a service, and had to keep my car overnight to figure out how to do so. At my next scheduled service, they couldn't reset the MM at all, and ended up replacing my entire head unit. the new one is on, i think, a native version of .F197 for my car, it it works pretty flawlessly now. Every once in a while, it will just suddenly disconnect, but a reinsertion of the USB plug reconnects immediately.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
when I originally installed it (i think the same version) in my 2016 Touring sedan, my dealer couldn't reset the maintenance minder after a service, and had to keep my car overnight to figure out how to do so. At my next scheduled service, they couldn't reset the MM at all, and ended up replacing my entire head unit.
I wonder why they didn't do it through the instrument cluster using the steering wheel controls or with the HDS? Those methods communicate directly with the PCM allowing the MM to be reset even if the audio system is no longer present.

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
Do you know if this firmware version will work on the European version ( sport plus) ?

Wheatly3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic EX 2016
Country flag

wish me luck!
Hey, thanks for posting this. I decided to give it a try too - however when I get to the step where you press "home" and insert the usb - I waited more than 30 sections and nothing happens.

Did you format the USB a certain way to get it working?

Thanks

cheddaboi

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
Hey, thanks for posting this. I decided to give it a try too - however when I get to the step where you press "home" and insert the usb - I waited more than 30 sections and nothing happens.

Did you format the USB a certain way to get it working?

Thanks
Only formatted the USB Fat32. When i inserted the USB it took almost 2 min for it to load up

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Just a warning, for some Android Auto doesn't work correctly after the 197 update.

detachedAnchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 2017 Si with software Ver.1.F196.32. The dealer and Honda customer service say there are no updates. Problems aren't severe but it's flakey - Apple CarPlay disconnects randomly sometimes, right turn camera gets stuck on after a turn, various glitches. I would think the 2018 software would work since the 2017 hardware and car are almost identical.

Does anyone have an Si with a higher version than this one? Honda acts like F197.00 doesn't exist even though many here have upgraded with it, but the TSB does say it only applies to 5-door models and not 2/4 doors.
I too have a 2017 SI with FW 1.F196.32
My Android Auto disconnects every 10-15min and then comes back. Sometimes I have to disconnet the cable and reconnect for it to stop going in that loop. Not sure what is going on...I still have a bumper to bumper warranty and am going to check and see if there is an update now.

I dumped my recovery.rom with this firmware version if anyone wants to mess with it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FnhbphjYX3x7zGdYYdqQ_qfe2F5zWwZ2
I recommend only using these if your radio is bricked or you are trying to get back to an older firmware in a 17 Civic Si Sedan

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I wonder why they didn't do it through the instrument cluster using the steering wheel controls or with the HDS? Those methods communicate directly with the PCM allowing the MM to be reset even if the audio system is no longer present.
How do you do this with just the steering wheel controls?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
How do you do this with just the steering wheel controls?
It's in the Owner's Manual under Maintenance Minder > Resetting the Display. In fact, the OM doesn't even discuss resetting the MM through the Display Audio system in the maintenance section.
Sponsored