Infotainment software update?

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
From what I have seen of the Honda Head units and their software, the whole UPDATE situation is a total Fuster Cluck Up. :doh:

It would seem that the later year models do have improved , less buggy software versions, but that exact improved software is NOT available as an Update to existing older systems, even though for a given model, the hardware has NOT changed.
There are Updates, but they do not effective bring you to the same software is is currently being loaded into more recent cars at the factory.
Dang it, Scopesys, now you've got me tempted to look at a 2019 Si again, after I thought I closed that door because I can't tolerate buggy infotainment. Well, that and the posts about how awesome the TSL tune is.
Sponsored

Caspid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Does anyone have a link to the uploaded image for 1.F190.25?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Realized I absolutely missed getting 1.F190.25 installed when I was under warranty.

Dealer charged $70 for it.

They were absolutely clueless about it though and just left the usb stick with me and the car on the update y/n screen when they have the car back to me.

Needless to say, the way Honda handles this is a travesty and a half.

Firmware seems to be more stable though.
Only one disconnect so far, after a few days.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I drive a 2018 SI.
What is the latest firmware upgrade for my car?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Realized I absolutely missed getting 1.F190.25 installed when I was under warranty.

Dealer charged $70 for it.

They were absolutely clueless about it though and just left the usb stick with me and the car on the update y/n screen when they have the car back to me.

Needless to say, the way Honda handles this is a travesty and a half.

Firmware seems to be more stable though.
Only one disconnect so far, after a few days.
I suspect they did the update, but left the USB drive in the slot.

When you got the car back & started it, because the Update stick was plugged in, it would have booted to load that stick, and then was asking you if you wanted to update.

If you had said Yes, it would have come back and told you that you already had the updated software. , so no harm would have been done ---- -- but the idiots should NOT have left it plugged in !!!

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag

When you got the car back & started it, because the Update stick was plugged in, it would have booted to load that stick, and then was asking you if you wanted to update.

If you had said Yes, it would have come back and told you that you already had the updated software. , so no harm would have been done ---- -- but the idiots should NOT have left it plugged in !!!
It's shocking this happens in today's world, especially at a Honda dealership with all their highly paid and professionally trained "Honda Certified Engineers"

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag

I wish.
Quite literally I paid, walked back to my car, and it was still on.
It was on the screen displaying the older firmware and asking if I wanted to update to 1.F190.25.
I sat there on the lot for the 20 min it took to update and at no time did anyone come by to check on me.
Once it was done I drove off.
I honestly don't think they knew how to actually finish the update.
They'd flipped through and moved the TSB I'd brought with me because I figured without it they wouldn't know what I meant in the first place.
I just took it as a boon that they left the thumb drive and went on my way.

elijahblake

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I wish.
Quite literally I paid, walked back to my car, and it was still on.
It was on the screen displaying the older firmware and asking if I wanted to update to 1.F190.25.
I sat there on the lot for the 20 min it took to update and at no time did anyone come by to check on me.
Once it was done I drove off.
I honestly don't think they knew how to actually finish the update.
They'd flipped through and moved the TSB I'd brought with me because I figured without it they wouldn't know what I meant in the first place.
I just took it as a boon that they left the thumb drive and went on my way.

Is this the same firmware for the 2018 Sport Touring Hatch?

Darsay

First Name
Darsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5d 2017 Hatchback
Country flag
Hi may be have firmware for Europe civic?

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Is there a way to plug in the usb to get android auto wprking without charging the phone?
Sponsored