Infotainment software update?

peteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
Let's hope Honda could someday drop an update that supports wireless AA/Carplay.
Sponsored

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
After updating to this version someone posted here I am unable to reset my maintenance minders.
Remember the maintenance minder defaults to CANCEL when you go to reset it. You need to move the up/down arrows to the items you want to reset.

I have the new software and I just did it with no issue, so the update is good.

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
Did your dealer tell you about the new update? My dealer in Bucharest said is not available every time i ask.

ZeroRing7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Anyone experience after tapping 'Yes' to proceed with software update, and nothing happens??

Darsay

First Name
Darsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5d 2017 Hatchback
Country flag
Hello. I'm from Ukraine. tell me where you can download the update for the Civic 2017 hatchback. asked our dealer they said they do not have updates.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
How do you know if there is an update available, and how do you get it. I have a U.S. spec civic in Germany, so I don't think going to the dealer would be the answer in this case.

CivicBuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EXT/HS, 2000 Honda Accord Coupe
Country flag
I don't know, but that is why I posted it. If anybody posts a newer version. I am still testing things and I plan on commenting here if I come across issues or fixes to known problems.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Is there a version number that you can provide?
There is a way to view the Version .. can't remember offhand, but I seem to recall that the screen is reached by a certain sequence of (secret !) button key presses on the unit.
At least, that is for the 2018 Si's unit. Other units may be different, and even if they look the same, they might have/need different software according to year and model.

I really wish this information was readily available to the owners, and not hidden away like some deep and dark secret, with only the dealers privy to it, and their whim on if they are going to tell their customers.

sdj544

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
There is a way to view the Version .. can't remember offhand, but I seem to recall that the screen is reached by a certain sequence of (secret !) button key presses on the unit.
At least, that is for the 2018 Si's unit. Other units may be different, and even if they look the same, they might have/need different software according to year and model.

I really wish this information was readily available to the owners, and not hidden away like some deep and dark secret, with only the dealers privy to it, and their whim on if they are going to tell their customers.
Not sure about the 2018 but in my 17 Si it’s readily available.
Under “info” it shows the version information, although it’s labeled as “applications”:

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 6674C160-92AF-4152-BE4C-7D053BF88D0C

If you go through “settings” and go to “detail information”:

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 8372BEA8-C02F-42C1-900C-B68687824BCB

Then you get into the actual android info and settings and it shows up as “build number”
Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? BD8EE323-E18A-4D0F-8930-22FDFEE73703

Figuring out what’s a more recent build then another is a little confusing since they don’t just do version 3.2, 3.3,4.1 etc. It’s in hexadecimal I believe. And good luck making sense of what is compatible with what as far as models and options and trim lines.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Not sure about the 2018 but in my 17 Si it’s readily available.
Under “info” it shows the version information, although it’s labeled as “applications”:

6674C160-92AF-4152-BE4C-7D053BF88D0C.jpeg

If you go through “settings” and go to “detail information”:

8372BEA8-C02F-42C1-900C-B68687824BCB.jpeg

Then you get into the actual android info and settings and it shows up as “build number”
BD8EE323-E18A-4D0F-8930-22FDFEE73703.jpeg

Figuring out what’s a more recent build then another is a little confusing since they don’t just do version 3.2, 3.3,4.1 etc. It’s in hexadecimal I believe. And good luck making sense of what is compatible with what as far as models and options and trim lines.
EXACTLY !!!
One would assume the Dealers have access to this information, and in a simple enough form that even they can understand.
My experience with my dealers is, that while they may be able to fix mechanical issues, when it come to the HU software, all I get is Blank Stares, and comments like -- "we are not software mechanics". :dunno:

I suspect all it takes is inserting a USB stick, and telling the Unit to update.

Also, if the Update software system is anything but from the 80's, it should be able to verify that the Update on the USB stick is the correct one for the unit, and only proceed is all is OK. Doing the Update is NOT Brain surgery. :coffee:

The only advantage I can see in getting the dealer to do the update is that if the Update were to fail, and Brick the HU, then it would be down to them, and they would have to replace the HU (assuming it was in the warranty period).

If you try to update, and it fails, I can see them claiming that you voided the warranty, by trying to do the update yourself. :catfight:

Suddenly $150 for them to update seems not so bad, compared with $2000+ for you to buy & install a new HU if you mess up.

At their Hourly Labor Rate, $150 is not unreasonable, for the work done in doing an update (and hopefully checking that all is working correctly)

But then, it does not seem that the 2018 Si owners will even need to part with $150, if there are no updates to be had.

Prediction #1: 2018 Si HU updates will appear, some time later, when most typical 2018 cars have 30,000+ on them, and are out of warranty :doh:

Prediction #2: If 2019, 2020, 2021 Si are fitted with "Better" Head Units than the 2018, those better head Units will NOT be backward compatible with a 2018 vehicle, so if you want a better HU, you will have to buy a whole new car ,:banghead:

Woodydog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback sport touring
New navigation update is out on Garmin express

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
New navigation update is out on Garmin express
Good info ... but Honda, (in their Infinite Wisdom), disabled the Garmin Navigation in the USA 2018 Si :(

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
I just gave up on the radio. I just use my phone for everything now and just use the radio for it's bluetooth function. It's not worth the hassle and streaming everything from my phone has worked out great. Just get a good phone mount and use the bluetooth. I switched to a streaming only plan for Sirius XM (just use the app), have all my digital music on my phone, and use Android Auto/Google Maps/Waze directly on my phone. It's been great.
Sponsored