Infotainment software update?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I found this one that seems to imply it’s for everything but the hatch.
Is there a newer one that works on the Si? This ones already over a year old.
The newer one that talks about the hatchback is A18-001 and is linked farther back in an earlier post (although the link may have expired).

Here's the PDF for the hatch. I forget if there's one for the Si.
Sponsored

Attachments

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I have a 2018 Civic EX, is there an update available for my system? Or is it already on the latest version from the factory since it is the 2018?

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
So trip thru chicago and back and no CarPlay disconnects. Only glitch was if I stopped somewhere and shut the car off with the phone plugged in the song info in the speedometer area didn’t change when I started the car again. iPhoneX iOS 11.4.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
My 18-001 update USB should be here tomorrow. Installing it on a 2016 EX-T as well. I'll report back with my findings.

sdj544

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
My 18-001 update USB should be here tomorrow. Installing it on a 2016 EX-T as well. I'll report back with my findings.
Do they end up coming with an instruction sheet or any kind of info? Be interesting to see if they say what models it is actually for.

ShakenPuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I purchased the SB 18-001 flash drive (07AAU-TGGA1A0) and updated my 2017 Civic EX-T (non-hatchback) from 1.F191.59 to 1.F197.00

The update took less than 10 minutes. Previously, I was having random CarPlay disconnects. I originally thought it was my lightning cable but changing that out didn't fix anything. I have only driven twice since updating, about 2 hours total, but I have not seen any negative impact since updating.

The update appears to be a single ~470MB SWUpdate.mdt file stored on a 4GB FAT32 formatted USB drive. Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? SB_18-001_-_Disk_Utility

UNXADM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I purchased the SB 18-001 flash drive (07AAU-TGGA1A0) and updated my 2017 Civic EX-T (non-hatchback) from 1.F191.59 to 1.F197.00

The update took less than 10 minutes. Previously, I was having random CarPlay disconnects. I originally thought it was my lightning cable but changing that out didn't fix anything. I have only driven twice since updating, about 2 hours total, but I have not seen any negative impact since updating.

The update appears to be a single ~470MB SWUpdate.mdt file stored on a 4GB FAT32 formatted USB drive. SB_18-001_-_Disk_Utility.png
CarPlay has been rock solid for me since loading this update. I've had no more random constant disconnects. It's too bad Android Auto doesn't work as far as music goes... but I can live with that for a stable CarPlay experience. I was expecting this kind of reliability when I bought the car a few years ago. It will be a real shame if Honda never releases an official TSB/update for the 2016's. The problems with CarPlay at least for me fall squarely on Honda... not my phone, cable, head unit hardware etc... The fixes they did in A18 clearly resolved my issues (and then some... lane watch camera no longer switches to a black screen while using CarPlay, YAY!).

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I've been looking to get an update for my '16 Sedan Touring, but every time I take it in for a TSB fix or something, they'll claim that the problem couldn't be replicated or that the radio is too new for an update. Really interested if I can just do it myself.

ShakenPuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Save yourself $30+
You can download the SB 18-001 update and put it on the root of a FAT32 USB drive: https://mega.nz/#!3GZz3LwD!YN_y2_YUItfWoHM4alHVMR3vBeJ95HZ7pZfLjKq9xM0

Thanks to carrsteven for testing it on another flash drive.

EDIT:
Disclaimer: This is for the 5-door hatchback. Some users have reported that Android Auto no longer works after using this update. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Last edited:

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
carrsteven and ShakenPuma, that's friggin' outstanding. Thanks for taking the chance and doing the upload.

Looks like I should also hang out on a CR-V forum in case my wife's CR-V gets similar updates.
Sponsored