Infotainment software update?

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
What concerns me is I put in the flash drive again and it said I already have the latest version and it would not let it flash again. I was going to try to do a reflash and see if it helps but couldn't. I am worried it does check the version and will only let you update to higher versions. I did go ahead and order the older firmware I had prior to this and we will see what happens. If not I am not sure how I approach the dealership about this. I am still under warranty.
Try clicking play on a song in android auto and turn the volume up in your car. Cause maps and phone messaging uses a different volume.
Sponsored

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Well I just tired an android phone and have the same issue, play button turns to pause like it will play for a moment then switches back. Google maps still works.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Well I just tired an android phone and have the same issue, play button turns to pause like it will play for a moment then switches back. Google maps still works.
Thanks for confirming it. Yeah everything works fine except and audio apps. Maps, messaging and making calls work fine. It's just the audio. Not sure what to do now. I did try the volume and it made no difference. Here's hoping you can downgrade firmware.

Last edited:

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for confirming it. Yeah everything works fine except and audio apps. Maps, messaging and making calls work fine. It's just the audio. Not sure what to do now. I did try the volume and it made no difference. Here's hoping you can downgrade firmware.
What version of android are you using?

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What version of android are you using?
Used 3 phones and all did the same thing. Moto Z2 Play (Android 7.1.1), Honor 7X (Android 8.0) and Nexus 5X (Android 8.1).

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Used 3 phones and all did the same thing. Moto Z2 Play (Android 7.1.1), Honor 7X (Android 8.0) and Nexus 5X (Android 8.1).
Do you have a usb drive in the center console usb port? If I do, my Pandora doesn't work...some glitch, no idea if similar

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
I have a 2016 Touring Civic and I am on 1.F186.69. They said there is no software update even though I mentioned the TSB 17-048 and it shows the software on that should be updated to 1.F190.25. They said they would not update it. Can anyone with the same vehicle and trim as me confirm if this is the latest update or not?
Last time I had mine in at dealer, fixing hot start sound, they told me I had latest version....which obviously isn't true, I have same version as you....thinking might try a different dealership

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am have sporadic issues with Car Play now. Bringing that up to my service advisor next week when I see them.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I think my last route would be to downgrade android auto itself to 2.9 might be a bug in latest update, just try it on one of the phones it’s easy here’s basically the steps no need to do the YouTubeauto part. download link for android auto 2.9 should be in the description.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Have you tried a different cable? How about playing music through Bluetooth connection?

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you tried a different cable? How about playing music through Bluetooth connection?
Bluetooth works fine and yes I tried about 4 different cables.

Fryer45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T (sold) 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
Country flag
I just finished updating my 2017 Civic EX-T , that I bought in April 2017. The original version of the software was 1.F191.59, now it's updated to 1.F197.00. The pdf instructions are real good and it took a little 5 mins. to do the update. My system re-booted 3 times, and came online w/o any problems. Connected to the house wifi, Iphone, etc., no problems. It kept all my presets, so no problem there. Music does sound different, better to me. Played various types, rock, alternative, rap, classic. Sounds good & better to my ears. I have a friend with a Galaxy 8 or 9 phone, and have him test out the head-unit. Let everyone know what I find.

Fryer