Mixail

First Name
Mixail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Also, I see that update, but it's not in the MDT format, it's a bunch of files in a folder that is zipped.
The SwUpdate.mdt file is in the 1110 folder, you can update it only. As you see fit.
Sponsored

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
[QUOTE = "kruuth, post: 991579, member: 16869"
Отключить блютуз на телефоне]
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
On the phone..
That did not help. I had bluetooth off and the same result.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
Youtube has videos on how to pull the dash apart and extract the screen/radio assembly. It's pretty easy other than unclipping the stupid harness anchor clamp on the bottom of the assembly. There are quite a few connectors behind the unit but it's straight forward to remove them.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Youtube has videos on how to pull the dash apart and extract the screen/radio assembly. It's pretty easy other than unclipping the stupid harness anchor clamp on the bottom of the assembly. There are quite a few connectors behind the unit but it's straight forward to remove them.
Harness anchor clamp?

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Ohhh ok. I see now. I didn't realize that was what it was called.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
OK well I got the new head unit. It wants a code but no matter what I put into the unit, it tells me that the pin is wrong. When I go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ and put in the VIN and the serial number it tells me that it's not tied to the car either.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
OK well I got the new head unit. It wants a code but no matter what I put into the unit, it tells me that the pin is wrong. When I go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ and put in the VIN and the serial number it tells me that it's not tied to the car either.
You need the VIN of the vehicle the radio came from originally. I bought a unit off ebay and had the same problem until the seller provided the proper VIN.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Right--I have it. The problem is that this uses a Canadian VIN and the site didn't like it. Fortunately, a call to Honda of Canada and a subsequent call to Downtown Honda of Toronto got the radio going. Something to consider but it seems to be localized to the 2017 Civic Coupe.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
There isn't. I did the same thing and no audio apps work in Android Auto. Only solutions would be to get an Apple phone (Carplay works fine) or an old radio from the junkyard. I just got an old radio from another 2017 Ex online for $90- didn't come with a screen but I'm just going to swap my old screen to the new radio. I learned my lesson. If anyone knows otherwise on how to go back to an old firmware let us know but I have never figured it out.
Finally got around to installing the replacement radio. Ended up being from a Canadian VIN so I emailed a Canadian Honda dealer and they gave me the code. Install was pretty easy and swapping the touchscreen was too. Even though it was a Canadian radio it works fine with US cars. I now have working Android Auto again :)

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
1. Format a pendrive to FAT32.
2.Extract the zip file contents to the root of the pendrive.
3.Plug the pendrive into the usb socket under the armrest.
4. Start Engine.
5. It's automatically find the updates and start uploading.

Here is document, with additional steps.
Is there one oc these fir 2020 models?

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
Is there any updates? would rather try an update than to take it to the dealership. Been having carplay issues. Says the build number is 1.F1A6.81
Sponsored