Infotainment software update?

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Please, if you do not know how to handle installations with android, do not do them and if you are going to do them, find out everything you have to do with an android system. The software of the tablet is the same for all models since the entire operating system does not present any modification between sedan, 2 doors or hatchbak, after a new installation or an update they must format the unit and do a wipe reset so that all The files restart with the original parameters, I have gotten several different firmware to update to the last 197.70 and once the update is finished a wipe reset is done and I have not had any problem, then you have to change the settings that you had previously, I'm sorry to say it but how much misinformation more to help.
Sorry, I wasn't aware I had to do a full wipe. Is there documantation on how to do that? I've done dozens of Android phones and wiping between updates is the norm, I thought maybe the Honda update did that for you. So the coupe, sedan, etc all use the exact same firmware
Sponsored

Last edited:

marinexix

First Name
marinexix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5d hatchbak 1.5 Turbo CVT
Country flag
Sorry, I wasn't aware I had to do a full wipe. Is there documantation on how to do that? I've done dozens of Android phones and wiping between updates is the norm, I thought maybe the Honda update did that for you. So the coupe, sedan, etc all use the exact same firmware

These file-on-file updates give many errors in addition to erasing everything they have on the sd, the wipe must be done yes or yes, it must be treated as a phone which is what it is, another matter is the compatibility of the firmware Between models, my car is a European civic 1.5 cvt prestige hatchbak and I have updated in the year and 6 months that I have been with the 4 different firmware for both sedan and hatchbak and American and European markets and there is no difference the last one is the 197.70 from uk and after wipe I installed hondahack and until today I have no problem so much fluidity, errors or operating system freezes even with the start video that I install that I mount with after effects. If you disassemble the installation package, you realize that there is no difference between models, only the version to differentiate which model they direct it to.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
I just went out and did the full wipe. Went to Android, did the Factory Reset from the android menu. Took about 5 minutes to get it back. The problem still persists. Maps works, I can send texts, etc. However, when I try to play an audio app, any audio app, the moment I tap play it acts like it's incredibly slow and never plays any audio. Any ideas on what I should do to fix this? I tried removing and reinstalling Android Auto on my S10 and clearing all the data.

EDIT: Ok, so another reset. This one took longer but the same result. Whenever I press Play on an audio app it just sits there. Interestingly, when I go to the app running in the phone, I can see the time change in the audio track, but only for a few seconds then it stops. Any thoughts?

These file-on-file updates give many errors in addition to erasing everything they have on the sd, the wipe must be done yes or yes, it must be treated as a phone which is what it is, another matter is the compatibility of the firmware Between models, my car is a European civic 1.5 cvt prestige hatchbak and I have updated in the year and 6 months that I have been with the 4 different firmware for both sedan and hatchbak and American and European markets and there is no difference the last one is the 197.70 from uk and after wipe I installed hondahack and until today I have no problem so much fluidity, errors or operating system freezes even with the start video that I install that I mount with after effects. If you disassemble the installation package, you realize that there is no difference between models, only the version to differentiate which model they direct it to.

Last edited:

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
I’m seriously not being an asshole... just curious. Why would you install software for a hatchback on a sedan?

Every vehicle compatible with this version is listed in the Service Bulletin, and the following is noted:

NOTE: 2-door and 4-door CIVICs are not affected.
I did it because some members here said they did the install without issue. Live and learn.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
I did it because some members here said they did the install without issue. Live and learn.
Is there a way to go back? My audio apps are completely not working.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
There isn't. I did the same thing and no audio apps work in Android Auto. Only solutions would be to get an Apple phone (Carplay works fine) or an old radio from the junkyard. I just got an old radio from another 2017 Ex online for $90- didn't come with a screen but I'm just going to swap my old screen to the new radio. I learned my lesson. If anyone knows otherwise on how to go back to an old firmware let us know but I have never figured it out.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
There isn't. I did the same thing and no audio apps work in Android Auto. Only solutions would be to get an Apple phone (Carplay works fine) or an old radio from the junkyard. I just got an old radio from another 2017 Ex online for $90- didn't come with a screen but I'm just going to swap my old screen to the new radio. I learned my lesson. If anyone knows otherwise on how to go back to an old firmware let us know but I have never figured it out.
Crap where do you get one for $90? I can't believe this kills audio and there's nothing you can do. What about the dealership? This is Android, there has to be something you can do.

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
my biggest fear is also that an update kills my android auto.
i bet its somehow fixable, like nearly everything on android...

i guess the only guy who could know how to fix it, would be the honda hack dev:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...onda-civic-and-now-root-install-apps.3621582/

maybe contact him and hope he can assist... :confused:

out of curiosity, do you have honda hack installed?
No I don't. I had it long ago but my code doesn't work. Where can I get a head unit?

Mixail

First Name
Mixail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You will not be able to return, the system will not allow you to flash the version below. You can install a version higher than 197.60, read this post. I installed it on my 2016 sedan. When updating the firmware, the Honda Hack (Who has it installed) crashes and needs to be reinstalled. The rest of the data and applications remain. You do everything at your own peril and risk. I wish you all the best!

Last edited:

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
You will not be able to return, the system will not allow you to flash the version below. You can install a version higher than 197.60, read this post. I installed it on my 2016 sedan. When updating the firmware, the Honda Hack (Who has it installed) crashes and needs to be reinstalled. The rest of the data and applications remain. You do everything at your own peril and risk. I wish you all the best!
Mine is a 2017. Do you think that will work?

Mixail

First Name
Mixail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine is a 2017. Do you think that will work?
There may be no sound because your phone is connected via bluetooth, just call your voicemail or call. After you hang up, your audio functions should return. Or turn off bluetooth ..

Last edited:

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
There may be no sound because your phone is connected via bluetooth, just call your voicemail or call. After you hang up, your audio functions should return. Or turn off bluetooth ..
Turn off bluetooth on the phone or the head unit or both?
Also, I see that update, but it's not in the MDT format, it's a bunch of files in a folder that is zipped. THe update instructions aren't exactly clear on how to do the update with it.

Mixail

First Name
Mixail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
[QUOTE = "kruuth, post: 991579, member: 16869"
Отключить блютуз на телефоне]
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
On the phone..