cheddaboi

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
My head unit in my 2016 EX sedan is in a bad state. I was having annoying issues with reboots and the unit not coming on when the car was cold (usually stopping and starting the engine fixed this) so I tried factory reset and updating from 197.00 -> 197.60. The update seemed to go ok, but now the unit is basically unusable.

It boots, so it’s not exactly bricked. On powerup I still see the H logo, and it does start Bluetooth because it connects to my phone, but it only boots to a black screen (no graphics) and the left side buttons are not working but the backlight is on. However, if I put it in reverse the backup camera comes on and seems to work, but once that “disconnects” the last frame stays stuck on the screen until the unit is rebooted again. The steering wheel controls don’t do anything either (they still work, just nothing related to the head unit).

At this point I’ll try anything since the car is way out of warranty. I saw some references to being able to completely reset using a restore.rom (unfortunately I don’t have one from mine, so if someone has one that should work I’d appreciate it) but I haven’t been able to find a procedure for restoring it. Does anyone know how to do that, or have any ideas what else I could possibly try?

Thanks
tbh, take it into Honda. They should be able to fix it no charges. But don’t quote me on that
Sponsored

Mixail

First Name
Mixail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 2016 touring, American. Can multimedia be flashed with European firmware and will European radio frequencies appear?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Honda Civic 2016 touring, American. Can multimedia be flashed with European firmware and will European radio frequencies appear?

Uhm. What? I'm pretty sure that's not how that works, but why would you want to flash a European firmware? Are you having issues?

Mixail

First Name
Mixail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
A car for the American market, and I live in Ukraine. European radio frequencies are different and my radio does not find them.

Mixail

First Name
Mixail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Can I flash the European firmware MRC_EU_SW_v12_4.zip here from this post?

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? изображение_viber_2021-04-13_10-09-29

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
I've got a 2017 US Civic Coupe EX-L. Which FW can I put on it?

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
This service bulletin can be updated to version 1.F197.00
You can download the file in this post. There and read the page.
That software is for the 5 door (hatchback.) I'm not sure what's different about the hatchback but I installed that version on my 2017 four door and it killed Android Auto. I had to buy a new/used screen and headunit off ebay to fix my car.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
That software is for the 5 door (hatchback.) I'm not sure what's different about the hatchback but I installed that version on my 2017 four door and it killed Android Auto. I had to buy a new/used screen and headunit off ebay to fix my car.
I’m seriously not being an asshole... just curious. Why would you install software for a hatchback on a sedan?

Every vehicle compatible with this version is listed in the Service Bulletin, and the following is noted:

NOTE: 2-door and 4-door CIVICs are not affected.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
This service bulletin can be updated to version 1.F197.00
You can download the file in this post. There and read the page.
Ok I just plugged in my phone and I now can't use audio apps on my Galaxy S10. What do I need to do in order to fix this? I had audio before. Can I downgrade back to 170 somehow? This broke a lot.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
I’m seriously not being an asshole... just curious. Why would you install software for a hatchback on a sedan?

Every vehicle compatible with this version is listed in the Service Bulletin, and the following is noted:

NOTE: 2-door and 4-door CIVICs are not affected.
Yeah I read that and installed the fw now the head unit runs like sh*t. Is there a way to get the old firmware on it?

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Yeah I read that and installed the fw now the head unit runs like sh*t. Is there a way to get the old firmware on it?
If it’s like the old Android days, you’ll need to find the previous ROM to download and reflash.

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Where do you think I can get it? I've been searching but no luck. Would a dealer have it or something?

marinexix

First Name
marinexix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5d hatchbak 1.5 Turbo CVT
Country flag
Please, if you do not know how to handle installations with android, do not do them and if you are going to do them, find out everything you have to do with an android system. The software of the tablet is the same for all models since the entire operating system does not present any modification between sedan, 2 doors or hatchbak, after a new installation or an update they must format the unit and do a wipe reset so that all The files restart with the original parameters, I have gotten several different firmware to update to the last 197.70 and once the update is finished a wipe reset is done and I have not had any problem, then you have to change the settings that you had previously, I'm sorry to say it but how much misinformation more to help.
Sponsored