Infotainment software update?

mo_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
mo_92, Have you tried this "2-step" factory reset in an attempt to resolve the Android Auto issue? I'm holding off on updating the head unit since I use AA almost daily.
Unfortunately the 2-step reset didn't fix the issue. I did however get it to play for a few seconds when i connected my phone after the music had already been playing. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

EDIT: Anyone know where to get or has the latest update available for the 2017 Civic Si Coupe?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Unfortunately the 2-step reset didn't fix the issue. I did however get it to play for a few seconds when i connected my phone after the music had already been playing. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

EDIT: Anyone know where to get or has the latest update available for the 2017 Civic Si Coupe?
Same issue, updated to 197 and now no sound in AA when using any music apps. It will not let you go back to the older software, which I also bought. Does anyone know if Honda has released anything newer than 197 for the 2017 Civics?

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
Same issue, updated to 197 and now no sound in AA when using any music apps. It will not let you go back to the older software, which I also bought. Does anyone know if Honda has released anything newer than 197 for the 2017 Civics?
Do you have audio in mapping apps?

Check your Do Not Disturb settings and see if it is set to block audio. AA has its own Do Not Disturb setting it will automatically enable, and if you are set to block media playback during DND it will disable Music playback through AA, at least on some phones.

Its under sound and vibration, the media switch: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/do-not-disturb-mode-in-android/

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have audio in mapping apps?

Check your Do Not Disturb settings and see if it is set to block audio. AA has its own Do Not Disturb setting it will automatically enable, and if you are set to block media playback during DND it will disable Music playback through AA, at least on some phones.

Its under sound and vibration, the media switch: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/do-not-disturb-mode-in-android/
Google Maps and Waze work fine- you can hear the audio. Any music app such as Sirius and Google Play music just freeze up and won't play.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where do I download the latest headunit update? My headunit is VER.1.F1A2.34 is it the lastest?

Last edited:

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Where do I download the latest headunit update? My headunit is VER.1.F1A2.34 is it the lastest?
You don’t. Updates are done through the dealer. If you have a 2018 there have been no updates.
2016 and 2017 scan the thread.
you may see a file being psssed around. If it’s not specifically for your model don’t try installing it. Errors have occurred and you can’t go back.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You don’t. Updates are done through the dealer. If you have a 2018 there have been no updates.
2016 and 2017 scan the thread.
you may see a file being psssed around. If it’s not specifically for your model don’t try installing it. Errors have occurred and you can’t go back.
Yes mine is a 2018! Thanks

copecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Anyone that installed F197 on 2016 Civic Sedan, how has it been for you?

New owner of a 2016 Civic Touring, CarPlay connectivity has been horrendous in the few days I've had it. HU on version 1.F186.69.
I see some people posting about Android Auto issues, but that wont be an issue for me.

After a few months with the update, how has everything been?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Anyone that installed F197 on 2016 Civic Sedan, how has it been for you?

New owner of a 2016 Civic Touring, CarPlay connectivity has been horrendous in the few days I've had it. HU on version 1.F186.69.
I see some people posting about Android Auto issues, but that wont be an issue for me.

After a few months with the update, how has everything been?
I've been using it for several months now on my 2016. Works better than from the factory. Would recommend it for Carplay.

copecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I've been using it for several months now on my 2016. Works better than from the factory. Would recommend it for Carplay.
Awesome, thanks. Think I'll update mine if the carplay issues persist.

steiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 TC

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone aware if Honda has released an even newer software update the last few months?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Anyone aware if Honda has released an even newer software update the last few months?
As each new model year has come out there have been updates with undisclosed changes.
Other than that, nothing.

It’s unlikely there will be anything further baring patching a large security exploit, which are the main changes Honda has made.
Sponsored