Infotainment font wrapping & version?

edwanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Vehicle Showcase
That would suck, wouldn't it? Absent a TSB or something, it's not even clear they can do an update at all.

Maybe the better question is what Honda's policy is: will they just put updates on owners.honda.com so owners can download to a stick and do the update for free?
I asked my dealership n they told me that the updates should be free but I think you would have to take it to the dealership for them to do it :/. And they told me there's an update coming out soon most likely in a few months
Sponsored

OP
OP

ctash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring - Aegean Blue (delivered 12/23/2015)
Country flag
One more for the list
1.F182.87

Strange
01c11105e084c7fb64af79526958e2247526d92f56.jpg
Stock Android device info screen. This has been removed from the newer versions from the looks of it.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Stock Android device info screen. This has been removed from the newer versions from the looks of it.
And I have an iPhone.

no wonder its a little glitchy at times.

They must not like playing together.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Bluetooth audio dropout would probably be the one that's easy to reproduce.
OK, yeah my bluetooth audio was choppy... So much so that before I got out of my neighborhood, I plugged my phone in to USB. I normally plug in, which is why I hadn't noticed this before.

Audio is great when plugged in. Also worth noting, I don't have this bluetooth choppiness problem when connected to my mom's 2013 CR-V via Bluetooth.

I've got an iPhone 6s with iOS 9.2 (13C75). I've also got a bunch of other iPhones and an HTC One M7 I could play around with if y'all like.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
OK, yeah my bluetooth audio was choppy... So much so that before I got out of my neighborhood, I plugged my phone in to USB. I normally plug in, which is why I hadn't noticed this before.

Audio is great when plugged in. Also worth noting, I don't have this bluetooth choppiness problem when connected to my mom's 2013 CR-V via Bluetooth.

I've got an iPhone 6s with iOS 9.2 (13C75). I've also got a bunch of other iPhones and an HTC One M7 I could play around with if y'all like.
Thanks.
Sadly It's not the phone.
It hasn't mattered which phone is used based on everyone's reports so far.

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
The bluetooth audio choppiness is annoying. I wasn't planning on plugging in for my ~30 min. commute, but I might start doing that. My '13 Civic handled bluetooth audio perfectly, although it seemed a little slower to connect.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The bluetooth audio choppiness is annoying. I wasn't planning on plugging in for my ~30 min. commute, but I might start doing that.
Yeah... Thankfully for me, I've been trained to pull out and plug in my phone for every trip. My '03 Element doesn't have bluetooth.

I'm curious though... I don't think "choppy" is the best way to describe the issue. It's almost like the song is skipping ahead a little bit. I didn't have many gaps in audio, but the songs did skip. Kinda like the Discman I had plugged into my '83 Volvo. Does this sound similar to you?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah... Thankfully for me, I've been trained to pull out and plug in my phone for every trip. My '03 Element doesn't have bluetooth.

I'm curious though... I don't think "choppy" is the best way to describe the issue. It's almost like the song is skipping ahead a little bit. I didn't have many gaps in audio, but the songs did skip. Kinda like the Discman I had plugged into my '83 Volvo. Does this sound similar to you?
Its not "skipping" really.
It's the processor doing other things because the memory management is crappy. Either the processesor is under powered or the multitasking isn't written well.

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Yes, I hear a little bit of static sound, and the audio sort of 'skips'.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I drove with bluetooth for a while longer today... The "skips" seem to follow a pattern... Almost like there's some periodic task that's running that momentarily consumes all cpu.

I've also noticed sometimes my reverse or side camera images are delayed or very jumpy. It's caused me to lose faith in them, since I was backing up out of a parking space today and came closer to someone than I would have liked. The video was a couple of seconds behind, and she moved into the frame / in my way. And of course I was looking at the display instead of reality. WOn't be doing that again.

Either way, I agree with @lightthief, this sounds like a system resource issue.
Sponsored