Infotainment font wrapping & version?

ctash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring - Aegean Blue (delivered 12/23/2015)
Country flag
I messed around with the multimedia system a bit tonight at the dealership. I can't believe these font wrapping issues.

Is this the version (Ver.1.F184.60) that everyone else has? Hopefully the display gets cleaned up in future releases.

Attachments

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Generally everyone with a new civic is in the same and most recent version.
The accord is a bit older.
The pilot older than that.
No patches yet.

Android Version: 4.2.2
Kernel Version: 3.1.10+

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I can't believe these font wrapping issues.
Reports I read suggest these cosmetics are the least of their problems with this code.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well isn't that interesting? There are already two different '16 Civic Display Audio application build versions in the wild.

Ver.1.F183.52
Ver.1.F184.60

Wondering:
- if there are are any others?
- what they changed/fixed?
- how an owner gets the updated one?
- if this should be the start of a version tracking thread in the infotainment forum?

Last edited:

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm... I had to go check...

I've got 1.F184.60 on my Touring, VIN ending in 5339 from Indiana.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had any of the issues people have been reporting?
Well, so far I don't think so. The only real problem I've noticed is when I put the car in Accessory mode (like I Just did to pull the build without starting the car), it throws a pile of error messages, like my brakes have failed -- call the dealer immediately.

I've used SXM, have no problem acquiring signal, even in my garage. HDRadio works well, too.
I used Nav briefly, no problem getting GPS lock. I use Carplay almost exclusively, though, and haven't had any issues there. I've never lost audio like several people reported. Climate controls work fine, too.

Now, I do have the text wrapping issue in this thread, and a bunch of other things that seem to be just consequences of terrible UI design -- not bugs.

Is there anything specific I should try to reproduce?

EDIT: There was one time the head unit would not detect my phone. I rebooted the HU and that didn't work. I rebooted the phone and it was fixed. So, I think this one was the phone's fault.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Well, so far I don't think so. The only real problem I've noticed is when I put the car in Accessory mode (like I Just did to pull the build without starting the car), it throws a pile of error messages, like my brakes have failed -- call the dealer immediately.

I've used SXM, have no problem acquiring signal, even in my garage. HDRadio works well, too.
I used Nav briefly, no problem getting GPS lock. I use Carplay almost exclusively, though, and haven't had any issues there. I've never lost audio like several people reported. Climate controls work fine, too.

Now, I do have the text wrapping issue in this thread, and a bunch of other things that seem to be just consequences of terrible UI design -- not bugs.

Is there anything specific I should try to reproduce?

EDIT: There was one time the head unit would not detect my phone. I rebooted the HU and that didn't work. I rebooted the phone and it was fixed. So, I think this one was the phone's fault.

Bluetooth audio dropout would probably be the one that's easy to reproduce.

From what I've seen error messages seem to be linked, so they are all checking for one thing so if that isn't found then it sets off a bunch of other alerts.

And yeah just shameful UI choices.

OP
OP

ctash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually I have build 1.F183.52
I'm curious what the on-going policy will be from dealerships with regards to FW updates. Are they going to charge for them?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm curious what the on-going policy will be from dealerships with regards to FW updates. Are they going to charge for them?
That would suck, wouldn't it? Absent a TSB or something, it's not even clear they can do an update at all.

Maybe the better question is what Honda's policy is: will they just put updates on owners.honda.com so owners can download to a stick and do the update for free?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
No sign so far there is any plan.

OP
OP

ctash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe the better question is what Honda's policy is: will they just put updates on owners.honda.com so owners can download to a stick and do the update for free?
I think I read somewhere that it's a special flash drive or something for the Accords.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wonder what's special about it besides the dealer has access to it and the owner doesn't?

They seem to have this attitude that giving you a copy of the latest firmware bits for the computers scattered all about the car is the same as, say, giving you a new transmission. As each new model is more software intensive than the last, and ships with more bugs that they fix during the production run, this attitude gets more and more annoying.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Well isn't that interesting? There are already two different '16 Civic Display Audio application build versions in the wild.

Ver.1.F183.52
Ver.1.F184.60

Wondering:
- if there are are any others?
One more for the list

1.F182.87

Strange

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment font wrapping & version? 01c11105e084c7fb64af79526958e2247526d92f56
Sponsored