Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Cool, audio quality is quite subjective but there could have been improvements even unintended due to speaker supply source changes.

At my age not sure stereo matters as much, just want to hear music clearly inside over AWE Track exhaust windows down, position of choice 9 months of the year in FL.
Hey RepyT, do you shovel the sand out of your R? I live in FL also (Orlando) and the sand is so bad here it's (cue Bob Dylan) "Blowin in the Wind" 24/7. I can wash my car and 10 min later it's got sand all over the clean area- I can lightly swipe my finger on the hood and it's sandy.
I live in a neighborhood with all grass so it's not like I live on the beach.
I am too much of a clean freak to roll down the windows for sand into my car continuously down the street (where I can see the sand wafting across the pavement) in front of my car.
My point is, I guess, I find Fl too sandy for windows down cruising.
You seem pretty particular about your car so I'm surprised, that's all.
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey RepyT, do you shovel the sand out of your R? I live in FL also (Orlando) and the sand is so bad here it's (cue Bob Dylan) "Blowin in the Wind" 24/7. I can wash my car and 10 min later it's got sand all over the clean area- I can lightly swipe my finger on the hood and it's sandy.
I live in a neighborhood with all grass so it's not like I live on the beach.
I am too much of a clean freak to roll down the windows for sand into my car continuously down the street (where I can see the sand wafting across the pavement) in front of my car.
My point is, I guess, I find Fl too sandy for windows down cruising.
You seem pretty particular about your car so I'm surprised, that's all.
I vacuum it often, at least weekly, not my beach car, pair of SUVs for that. We have fine white quartz sand on Gulf coast but most places far enough inland they donā€™t get blasted.

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment Failure D5E2904A-6DA8-4841-9B34-95B7BE6649C8

un1coRn

IG: @sgp_fk8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8 R-34844
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody ever come across this before? My head unit has always been super buggy, freezes, crashes, doesn't connect etc etc, but I've never had the screen stay completely black before. I can't even reboot the headunit. All I get is this error message and no matter which selection I choose the head unit still doesn't work. HELP!
Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment Failure 3A2B1B46-3179-46EF-9C2B-609DBAD38782

un1coRn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8 R-34844
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody ever come across this before? My head unit has always been super buggy, freezes, crashes, doesn't connect etc etc, but I've never had the screen stay completely black before. I can't even reboot the headunit. All I get is this error message and no matter which selection I choose the head unit still doesn't work. HELP!
3A2B1B46-3179-46EF-9C2B-609DBAD38782.jpeg
Update: good news is I was able to get back to the main screen. This is how: While connected to USB, on my phone I went to Settings-General-CarPlay-Forget Vehicle and the system rebooted itself immediately. I was able to re-enable CarPlay although the screen went black again within minutes and disconnected. I'm going to try to connect again tomorrow, but thankfully Bluetooth is working flawlessly. Either way I'll probably take it to the dealer to see what they say.

chrisz5z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R - Boost Blue
Country flag
In case you were wondering, DaLauncher is the home screen launcher...its usually what crashes & causes all types of issues

jchall30

First Name
J.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic Type R, 21 Toyota Supra, 21 Lexus UX250H
Country flag
Mine did that yesterday for the first time as well. No buttons respond or anything. Went in to work and when the day was over I was able to get to where I could reboot screen.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: good news is I was able to get back to the main screen. This is how: While connected to USB, on my phone I went to Settings-General-CarPlay-Forget Vehicle and the system rebooted itself immediately. I was able to re-enable CarPlay although the screen went black again within minutes and disconnected. I'm going to try to connect again tomorrow, but thankfully Bluetooth is working flawlessly. Either way I'll probably take it to the dealer to see what they say.
Theyā€™ll probably say Honda advises dealers theyā€™re aware of ACP issues and are investigating. Take no action to replace parts and advise customers on soft and hard reboot options until an update is fieldedā€¦ one lie fits all.

un1coRn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8 R-34844
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
working fine today. im sure it'll still continue to crash and burn until the end of time tho..

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my 2019 iOS 15.1? Latest anyway fixed everything (fingers crossed)
Iā€™m genuinely happy for you but same blackout, reboot, phone restart cycle persists w/ACP almost every day, or second day here.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Iā€™m genuinely happy for you but same blackout, reboot, phone restart cycle persists w/ACP almost every day, or second day here.
man I'm so sorry to hear that. iOS 15.0.2 utterly broke my CarPlay but others did not.
Sponsored