Rovman

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Civic Type R, Porsche GT4
Country flag
Well, joining the club of infotainment issues as well. Have a 2 week old 21’ CTR with serious infotainment issues. I didn’t get 4 miles from the dealer before it crashed the first time. Crashes every time I drive the car now…. Most of the time I am driving around with it locked up and a blank screen. Have been to the dealer 3 times now with no joy…. unit resets, battery hard resets, Honda diagnostic hard reset. nothing has worked to mitigate the issue…
A new unit has been ordered but (of course) it is backordered.
sigh!
Sponsored

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Well, joining the club of infotainment issues as well. Have a 2 week old 21’ CTR with serious infotainment issues. I didn’t get 4 miles from the dealer before it crashed the first time. Crashes every time I drive the car now…. Most of the time I am driving around with it locked up and a blank screen. Have been to the dealer 3 times now with no joy…. unit resets, battery hard resets, Honda diagnostic hard reset. nothing has worked to mitigate the issue…
sigh!
Did you try the ground reset?

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
sigh!

Have you tried @NapalmEnema's process from the thread I started? Seems to work for me - IF you follow it 100%:

NapalmEnema said:

What issue are you having? If you are having issues with getting CarPlay to work consistently - I figured out the best sequence -

Turn on car
Unlock phone
Plug in phone
Hit HOME on the top left on the head unit screen
Hit 'Carplay' icon bottom left

Done.

If I do it any other way it's all messed up most of the time - I can't get to the carplay map screen etc.. The way above - consistent every time.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
I've had a problem as well and dealer refuses to order new parts and I've been in communication with Honda corporate for a while now

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
What is Honda saying about the problem?
Anything useful?
Honda has been trying to get in contact with the dealer that refused to switch out my head unit but the dealer has been refusing to answer the phone from honda corporate. They are trying to find a dealer that will take my car in its been a huge headache, they aren't very useful. I have been fighting for months to get this warranty work in

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
Maybe it is a boost blue thing ?
Huh. I've had no end of problems with my head unit, and I'm Boost Blue too.

Recently it has gotten so bad that I couldn't go more than 5 mins without it crashing and half rebooting. I say half rebooting because it looks like it reboots, but Android Auto doesn't work, and when you push the Audio button to try and switch to BT audio, the screen half changes and freezes. You can hit the Back button, but you can never get into audio. The only thing you can do is turn the car off and let it sit for a while.

The other day I restored Android from the head unit's recovery partition, but it only helped a little. It's not crashing after only 5 minutes anymore, but I still can't get through a drive without it crashing at some point during the drive. Plus, after a crash the other day, the head unit came up in blue coloring instead of red. Blue! Where the hell did THAT come from??

I haven't bothered taking it to the dealer because all the forums say the radio sucks, but this is bad. Like class action bad.

The only way I can reliably listen to music is if I just do it through my phone speaker.

-bob

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
That
Huh. I've had no end of problems with my head unit, and I'm Boost Blue too.

Recently it has gotten so bad that I couldn't go more than 5 mins without it crashing and half rebooting. I say half rebooting because it looks like it reboots, but Android Auto doesn't work, and when you push the Audio button to try and switch to BT audio, the screen half changes and freezes. You can hit the Back button, but you can never get into audio. The only thing you can do is turn the car off and let it sit for a while.

The other day I restored Android from the head unit's recovery partition, but it only helped a little. It's not crashing after only 5 minutes anymore, but I still can't get through a drive without it crashing at some point during the drive. Plus, after a crash the other day, the head unit came up in blue coloring instead of red. Blue! Where the hell did THAT come from??

I haven't bothered taking it to the dealer because all the forums say the radio sucks, but this is bad. Like class action bad.

The only way I can reliably listen to music is if I just do it through my phone speaker.

-bob
That’s a boost blue issue ?

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I got my 2021 Champ white 3 weeks ago, pulled out of the dealer parking lot and the car play crashed on my 1st drive home with it, lol. I had a 2020 SI before this, which had issues like this but the CTR is far worse. Only thing that works for me is to:

- Start from a clean slate, delete the car play profile on your phone and the headunit.
- Turn the car off after for a few minutes
- Reconnect phone with car on and when it asks if you want to "always enable" or "enable once" (car play) > choose "enable once"

It's not perfect but it works for me
Sponsored