Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It does nothing at all....
Rebooting IfT help any? On ‘19+ push & hold in Vol knob, select Y. Not sure if it’s Power (top edge on left) for earlier years? All this does is reload the resident program in IfT sys but fixes many issues.
Sponsored

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Rebooting IfT help any? On ‘19+ push & hold in Vol knob, select Y. Not sure if it’s Power (top edge on left) for earlier years? All this does is reload the resident program in IfT sys but fixes many issues.
I didn't try it today - previously, that was hit or miss anyway. It seemed like the car had to be shut down for a while...

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't try it today - previously, that was hit or miss anyway. It seemed like the car had to be shut down for a while...
Good luck and keep us posted on your experiences please.
Before going wireless ACP via dongle, I’d have to reboot system and phone almost daily. Blackouts happened first few minutes here but sounds like yours fails differently.

The nearly $100 dongle (make that $115 now) solved almost all issues for mine, works great in wife’s 2020 XC90 too. Both with wireless charging mounts and W-ACP are reliable and how they should come OEM (Volvo does for 2022). Just saying this fix might be worth a try for you/others plus it has free returns:

CarPlay Wireless USB Dongle CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iPhone iOS Version 15, for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars from 2017 to Now, Wired to Wireless CarPlay Automatic Connection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TZWJTP...t_i_EH8H6W18HQQ278Z5F2Q0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The only negative is the 25 sec avg wait to auto connect each time. It’s bit confusing connecting initially via BT that wakes & makes WiFi connection.

Last edited:

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good luck and keep us posted on your experiences please.
Before going wireless ACP via dongle, I’d have to reboot system and phone almost daily. Blackouts happened first few minutes here but sounds like yours fails differently.

The nearly $100 dongle (make that $115 now) solved almost all issues for mine, works great in wife’s 2020 XC90 too. Both with wireless charging mounts and W-ACP are reliable and how they should come OEM (Volvo does for 2022). Just saying this fix might be worth a try for you/others plus it has free returns:

CarPlay Wireless USB Dongle CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iPhone iOS Version 15, for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars from 2017 to Now, Wired to Wireless CarPlay Automatic Connection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TZWJTP...t_i_EH8H6W18HQQ278Z5F2Q0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The only negative is the 25 sec avg wait to auto connect each time. It’s bit confusing connecting initially via BT that wakes & makes WiFi connection.
Thanks for that. Just so happened, it was on a lightning deal for $84....and I had a card with rewards points...so..like $50...I'll gamble that much for something that hopefully works...

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I have it and it works perfect connects by inself no problem through wifi not bluetooth

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for that. Just so happened, it was on a lightning deal for $84....and I had a card with rewards points...so..like $50...I'll gamble that much for something that hopefully works...
Hope you’re getting CarLink3.0.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hope you’re getting CarLink3.0.
Ok...so I have it...and the instructions suck...lol... I've looked at videos, but none were for civics. I put the car on Acc mode...plug the dongle in...and...nothing happens. On the one video, it brings up a screen (on a toyota)....another video says you need honda hack...ugh... Are there any CLEAR directions for a civic that you're aware of?

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok...so I have it...and the instructions suck...lol... I've looked at videos, but none were for civics. I put the car on Acc mode...plug the dongle in...and...nothing happens. On the one video, it brings up a screen (on a toyota)....another video says you need honda hack...ugh... Are there any CLEAR directions for a civic that you're aware of?
No clear directions I’ve seen but thought YT had one on a Civic. No Honda Hack needed for this to work.WAIT! Brain fog cleared here’s local to me Ty Torres install vid on his Type R:

I had (kidney stone) surgery today so my search skills (or memory) still not FMC.
Be sure BT is turned on obviously and that you’re plugging right end into the lone center forward under-console pedestal port. Since there are ports on both ends of Carlink for direct connect operation on other side of unit, conceptually you could have it hooked up in reverse that probably wouldn’t trigger BT Discovery or do anything. Basically this device gets found by phone discovering and connecting BT that creates a WiFi connection that is auto-joined at start up. Although directions not model specific they don’t need to be and the Carlink3.0 has been confirmed on compatibility list.

One possible solution if still no joy is to attempt connection using a diff vehicle if available just to confirm functionality. Slim chance but your Carlink device could be defective.

PM if you want, we’ll get it figured out if not today, tomorrow when I can walk through it with you in my R vs from this hospital bed.

???

Last edited:

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I got one yesterday and was able to get it to work. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi should both be on on your iPhone. I plugged the unit onto the supplied cord (using USB-C) and the cord into the CTR USB port under the dash. My Honda screen came up with a Bluetooth code which I accepted on my phone.

It took about 20 seconds to pair, and the switch-over to Wi-Fi seemed to happen automatically. I only took the car for a 5 minute drive so I couldn't tell if this will prevent crashes, but it worked for 5 minutes!

Note: There's a QR to scan for a firmware update, but that didn't work for me. However, the unit worked with the existing firmware.

Last edited:

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No clear directions I’ve seen but thought YT had one on a Civic. No Honda Hack needed for this to work.WAIT! Brain fog cleared here’s local to me Ty Torres install vid on his Type R:

I had (kidney stone) surgery today so my search skills (or memory) still not FMC.
Be sure BT is turned on obviously and that you’re plugging right end into the lone center forward under-console pedestal port. Since there are ports on both ends of Carlink for direct connect operation on other side of unit, conceptually you could have it hooked up in reverse that probably wouldn’t trigger BT Discovery or do anything. Basically this device gets found by phone discovering and connecting BT that creates a WiFi connection that is auto-joined at start up. Although directions not model specific they don’t need to be and the Carlink3.0 has been confirmed on compatibility list.

One possible solution if still no joy is to attempt connection using a diff vehicle if available just to confirm functionality. Slim chance but your Carlink device could be defective.

PM if you want, we’ll get it figured out if not today, tomorrow when I can walk through it with you in my R vs from this hospital bed.

???
Oh wow - sorry you're going through that! This isn't THAT important...lol...at least get out of the hospital and on the mend....

I've read somewhere that you should dump your BT connections to your phone, etc., and then plug the Carlink unit in. I did get a code pop up, but my phone wasn't giving me anywhere to input it... I'll watch the video & see what I can figure out.

Get well!!

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok...after watching the video...i'm convinced they either sent me the WRONG unit (and yeah, the one I ordered was for the CTR, among others, and there don't appear to be any different ones)...or this one is defective. I've been known to follow directions weirdly in the past, but this is simple...or should be...

Last edited:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok...after watching the video...i'm convinced they either sent me the WRONG unit (and yeah, the one I ordered was for the CTR, among others, and there don't appear to be any different ones)...or this one is defective. I've been known to follow directions weirdly in the past, but this is simple...or should be...
It is simple and I agree yours should pair just as easily as mine and Ty’s so suspect it’s defective. If possible see if it does anything in diff car (friend, neighbor) to confirm dead. Amazon reviews had at least one that required replacement. I’m here for you as are others (I’m leaving hospital shortly).
Good luck!

Being TheBatman, they should know better to test gear to superhero standards first.
?

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh wow - sorry you're going through that! This isn't THAT important...lol...at least get out of the hospital and on the mend....

I've read somewhere that you should dump your BT connections to your phone, etc., and then plug the Carlink unit in. I did get a code pop up, but my phone wasn't giving me anywhere to input it... I'll watch the video & see what I can figure out.

Get well!!
Thanks, I read latest first. If you see what looks like the device connection on the paired list (connected but more likely Not Connected), Use Forget This Device and try plugging it back In again. Your phone should re-discover the Carlink at bottom of BT device list, select it. Trial and error is OK, just forget any device not working and redo.

I had kidney stone yanked out so I should be FMC once stint taken out in about a week (owee!)

Last edited:

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
The code that showed on my infotainment screen isn't entered into the phone, it just shows you what to look for on your bluetooth to accept for pairing.
Sponsored