Infotainment controls

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Specifically the volume knob. What is the big deal over a column knob? I'm assuming the type r is minus one volume knob like the other models. My 15 si is without and I don't miss it. It is so much easier and faster to raise or lower volume with the steering wheel rocker with out having to reach for anything or take my hand off the shifter. Why are so many upset by this lack of a knob? As far As passengers go.. it's no big deal for them to use the slider ,they are not driving. Plus no knobs makes the dash look cleaner and less cluttered.
Sponsored

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
You can mute with a press of the knob. I guess everyone finds the knob faster than a mute button or using the slider . But you can always buy an aftermarket head unit with NAVI, on board DVD and whole bunch of other options for around $200

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
You can mute with a press of the knob. I guess everyone finds the knob faster than a mute button or using the slider . But you can always buy an aftermarket head unit with NAVI, on board DVD and whole bunch of other options for around $200
Thank you for this info the dash kit is $400 plus the thing to keep my amp but I was not aware that they made this dash kit.
Sponsored

Last edited: