Type R Raptor

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Raptor
Country flag
In the last 2 weeks my radio keeps giving me "Requested Channel Not Available" every time I change channels using a preset on SiriusXM. I have SiriusXM and the channel changes and comes in fine, I just get this banner over the preset channels until I hit the back button. It is super annoying. Anyone experience this or how to fix it?

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment Annoyance IMG_3003
Sponsored

kdd_lanka

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ridgeline, 2017 CRV Touring, 2017 CTR, 2000 Acura 3.2 TL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the last 2 weeks my radio keeps giving me "Requested Channel Not Available" every time I change channels using a preset on SiriusXM. I have SiriusXM and the channel changes and comes in fine, I just get this banner over the preset channels until I hit the back button. It is super annoying. Anyone experience this or how to fix it?

IMG_3003.jpg
Dude, I thought it was just me - I just stated getting over the weekend while I had the car in mountains (Wake the Dragon Meet ) and the XM signals were getting blocked - I meant to do a refresh of the signal from my online XM account but I didn't get a chance to. I'm guessing that should do the trick -use this link - you need to have your VIN and line of sight to the sky https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action#/refreshradio

fk8jon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry for jacking this thread but I'm also experiencing troubles with my unit except it's bluetooth connectivity and playback. I can connect bluetooth devices but sometimes they will not play or information will not load up, and when I go to turn off the car and turn it back on sometimes it doesn't auto connect.. anyone else having this experience?

OP
OP

Type R Raptor

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Raptor
Country flag
it goes away after awhile.. i had that for like a week then it went away
It seems a week in timeout did the trick... I hadn't been in my Type R since I posted the issue I was having and this morning I drove it into work and and it changed channels without the annoying banner.

fk8jon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
lol, that is so random though... I went to the dealer yesterday to get the firmware update done on the unit but I'm still having bluetooth connectivity issues with my ipod, and the ipod is on the latest firmware. It does play fine if i plug into the usb port though but still...

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this issue when I first got my car. I had to have a software update at the dealer then talk to Sirius about resetting my signal or something. Haven't had it since (over 18 months)

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
I have constant struggles with my infotainment... my GPS signal is constantly wrong. And every time I plug my iPhone in it connects, and then on the screen it tells me that there is no phone connected.... sometimes, the music will even be playing, but it will tell me that there is nothing connected to carplay... v annoying.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I have constant struggles with my infotainment... my GPS signal is constantly wrong. And every time I plug my iPhone in it connects, and then on the screen it tells me that there is no phone connected.... sometimes, the music will even be playing, but it will tell me that there is nothing connected to carplay... v annoying.
That's a separate issue, and I believe requires an update that can be provided by the dealer. My wife still needs to have this done.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol, that is so random though... I went to the dealer yesterday to get the firmware update done on the unit but I'm still having bluetooth connectivity issues with my ipod, and the ipod is on the latest firmware. It does play fine if i plug into the usb port though but still...
According to local dealer Service Mgr in FL, there is no update of any kind for HUs at this time.

Honda has (finally) acknowledged an issue exists with ACP and screen blackouts but not subject of your post. You can see more about it here:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/infotainment-failure.59729/post-1062554
Sponsored