1.5T Increasing exhaust sound without a catback or muffler delete?

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello all! Has anyone done a resonator delete and keep the mufflers on a 10th gen Civic hatchback sport? I was hearing that it didn't make it much louder, which is what I want and why I don't want to get a catback system or a muffler delete. How much louder was it over stock? Is there any drone or check engine lights (stupid question)? I was curious, as I thought an electronic exhaust cutout would be a bit too much work, with wiring into the car an all. Any opinions? Thanks:thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
ultraviolence

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm a huge fan of the vibrant ultra quiet resonator, having no resonator sounds too much like farts imo. I THINK the exhaust would still be extremely quiet with the resonator swap so maybe a larger exhaust pipe from the fp to the stock mufflers would complement the resonator well
I see, thanks for the info. What do you think about an electronic exhaust cutout just before the mufflers?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I see, thanks for the info. What do you think about an electronic exhaust cutout just before the mufflers?
If you like your car to sound like an angry chainsaw it would work, otherwise I wouldn't do it. For more sound the downpipe/front pipe upgrade will improve sound even with stock catback.

Removing the resonator should always induce droning as that's why they put a resonator there and why 27 WON has those pipes on their catbacks.

OP
OP
ultraviolence

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you like your car to sound like an angry chainsaw it would work, otherwise I wouldn't do it. For more sound the downpipe/front pipe upgrade will improve sound even with stock catback.

Removing the resonator should always induce droning as that's why they put a resonator there and why 27 WON has those pipes on their catbacks.
Would I fail inspection with a careless downpipe? Also, can I upgrade the downpipe/front pipe without a tune?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
passing inspection all depends on how strick your local emissions laws are. If you get a catted downpipe you still have a cat. Some states are ok with that while others will only let you use the OE cat until the warranty is over. Best bet is to check with a local garage that does E-tests.

You don't need a tune but will gain a lot more power if you do.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Is your hatchback a Sport?
if it is a Sport, the stock Type R cat back is a direct swap, can be found pretty cheap, and is quiet. All you have to do is trim the exhaust finisher on your stock bumper a little bit. Super easy.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Removing the resonator makes almost no sound difference with the stock mufflers and stock downpipe. Really confused as to why people say it sounds like fart cans etc. the car will sound almost exactly the same just a TINY bit louder and maybe a TINY bit deeper/more aggressive.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Have you actually removed your resonator on a completely stock car? It made almost no difference at all on my si. Really confused why you think it’d sound so bad. Stock downpipe mufflers and piping keep the car crazy quiet. No drone or anything when my si had its resonator removed while stock. Nobody I knew could even tell. My girlfriend thought I changed my mind and didn’t get it done when I got back home