Increased front negative camber for the track

EPSi2FKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Civic Type R, 2014 Lexus IS350
Country flag
What front negative camber are y’all running at the track? Is -3.4° too much?

Had the J’s Racing front camber joints installed and alignment done today. I was looking to start with -2° to -2.5°, track and go from there. They don’t come with instructions to say exactly the degrees you get with each washer. I spoke with J’s Racing Canada and he said to use the Hardrace joints as a reference. We used the “-2°” eccentric washers. The result was -3.4° on both sides! And this was after we moved the strut tower plates maximally outward to try to get closer to what I wanted to start with! In retrospect, this probably makes sense given the stock negative camber is around -1.3° and -1.3 + -2 ≈ -3.4!

I’m sure it’s going to be awesome on the turns but will be monitoring traction on the straights. My next event is October 16th and we’ll see then.

Honda Civic 10th gen Increased front negative camber for the track A3E645BF-94ED-4656-A563-7EDA98BADFCA
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I have the Hardrace ball joints in the middle position resulting in -2.5 driver's side and -2.8 passenger side. (not really interested in shifting my subframe for 0.15 degrees camber to equal it out.) Tire wear with RS4s has been very good but the car still understeers somewhat. I, too, was concerned about going to -3.5 or higher. For me the answer may be a stiffer rear sway bar. I suspect ideal camber with most 200 UTQG tires is somewhere around -3.0 on stock springs.

AR-Delta

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I have the hardrace ball joints in the middle setting (-2.5 or so) and still wear the outside edges of the tires first. I think -3 would be about perfect for mixed street/track but -3.5 might not be too bad.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Depends on your driving style, tires, and suspension setup

I’m at -3.8 and am getting near perfect wear on my A052. I run them around 30-32 PSI hot

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Depends on your driving style, tires, and suspension setup

I’m at -3.8 and am getting near perfect wear on my A052. I run them around 30-32 PSI hot
I think the A052 has a pretty soft sidewall ( part of the reason for its very light weight) which will require a lot of camber. The new Falken and others are heavier but stiffer and may get away with less. When using RS4s on our endurance racer, -3 is about best
Sponsored