arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I got tired of seeing the exposed PCB design and yellow diodes in my taillights and most aftermarket LED bulbs are designed this way.

I recently came across some new Auxito bulbs that blend in really nicely with the 10th gen sedan/hatch tails (sorry coupe owners) and thought I'd share:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FYH2V4J?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

For just $15, you can't go wrong!

Honda Civic 10th gen Inconspicuous LED reverse bulbs for sedan/hatchback 61A0DTio0iL._AC_SL1500_

Honda Civic 10th gen Inconspicuous LED reverse bulbs for sedan/hatchback 20210106_165027

Honda Civic 10th gen Inconspicuous LED reverse bulbs for sedan/hatchback 20210106_170241

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
For me, Amazon shows it not fitting the 16-20 FC1.

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For me, Amazon shows it not fitting the 16-20 FC1.
This is due to the official bulb size being 194, which uses a T10 base.

These bulbs are 921, which uses T15 base.T10 & T15 have the same socket size, so these bulbs are compatible with our sedans! I have a 2019 Si sedan FYI

Last edited:

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
This is due to the official bulb size being 194, which uses a T10 base.

These bulbs are 921, but also use a T10 base, so they are compatible with our sedans! I have a 2019 Si sedan FYI
Thanks for the info. Diode Dynamics shows the 921 for our cars, as well.

Is there any issue with the extra length of the LED housing? I haven't even looked at the light housing, but I assume there's plenty of room between the LED housing and the lens?

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. Diode Dynamics shows the 921 for our cars, as well.

Is there any issue with the extra length of the LED housing? I haven't even looked at the light housing, but I assume there's plenty of room between the LED housing and the lens?
No problem. I edited my post to state that the 921 bulbs use T15 bases, but T10 & T15 sockets are the same.

These bulbs stick out about 0.5" past the stock halogen bulb, but there is plenty of room in the tail lamp housing. It does not touch the plastic lens.

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just got these. I haven't installed them yet. If the link doesn't work they are Philips 168ALED. I'll add pictures when I get them in.
Looks like those are amber ones. May want to stick those in the sidemarkers instead of the tail light ?

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw that. I guess I'll send those back.
I found this and these. I may order them and see how they look.
Those do look pretty good and they get rid of the amber lens color of the incadecent bulb. You could still use the amber 168 bulbs in your sidemarkers, so don't return them just yet!

I've read that those LED turn signals may cause hyperflash if you replace all 4, even if they have built-in load resistors. Just another thing to be aware of. I personally don't mind the stock amber bulbs, but I can't stand hyperflashing.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
Those do look pretty good and they get rid of the amber lens color of the incadecent bulb. You could still use the amber 168 bulbs in your sidemarkers, so don't return them just yet!

I've read that those LED turn signals may cause hyperflash if you replace all 4, even if they have built-in load resistors. Just another thing to be aware of. I personally don't mind the stock amber bulbs, but I can't stand hyperflashing.
I was planning on replacing the side markers with clear ones that are switch-backs, but maybe I'll just get clear lenses and use these bulbs.
I wasn't going to change the front ones since I really just wanted to get rid of the amber tint from the bulb in the rear lights. I bothers me for some reason, but I don't notice the amber bulb in front. I think the DRLs hide those.
I've got the bulbs from your original post in my amazon cart. That's just because I want it brighter for backing into the garage at night.
The goal is all clear lenses on with no tints except for the red brake/tail lights. I think that will look clean on the lunar silver. I may break that pattern and put yellow films on the fogs; that has a European look that I like. I have yellow LED bulbs for the fogs but the weather has been too crappy to put them in. It's not as easy to change as the headlights that I swapped for LEDs.
Sponsored

Last edited: