inconsistent Idle Problems

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Hey guys, i've been having issues with my civic, its a 1.5t 6 speed sedan.
Recently i had to pull the battery out of my civic to start a mr2 spyder which has been sitting for 3 or 4 years.

After reinstalling the battery i've been having alot of issues with my civic. When car is thrown into neutral my rpms don't come down to the 700 like its supposed to, it drops to about 1k rpms and slowly goes down to the desired idle rpm and when i finally make a complete stop it will land at 700 rpm but then it blips around 100 rpms then comes down to 700 rpm like its supposed too.

The only mods i have was a ddm catch can and a prl cobra intake, i proceeded to uninstall the catch can to see if it was a vacuum leak but it didnt fix the issue. Only other work thats ever been done to the car was a valve cover gasket from the dealer which was leaking under 10k miles. Car currently has 38k.

Any suggestions? Its been driving me insane. I also feel a loss of power boosting the car to redline.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hey guys, i've been having issues with my civic, its a 1.5t 6 speed sedan.
Recently i had to pull the battery out of my civic to start a mr2 spyder which has been sitting for 3 or 4 years.

After reinstalling the battery i've been having alot of issues with my civic. When car is thrown into neutral my rpms don't come down to the 700 like its supposed to, it drops to about 1k rpms and slowly goes down to the desired idle rpm and when i finally make a complete stop it will land at 700 rpm but then it blips around 100 rpms then comes down to 700 rpm like its supposed too.

The only mods i have was a ddm catch can and a prl cobra intake, i proceeded to uninstall the catch can to see if it was a vacuum leak but it didnt fix the issue. Only other work thats ever been done to the car was a valve cover gasket from the dealer which was leaking under 10k miles. Car currently has 38k.

Any suggestions? Its been driving me insane. I also feel a loss of power boosting the car to redline.
Unless you have a OBD2 reader, and now how to use it, you will probably need the Dealer to find out why this is happening and to fix it.

OP
OP
TranceFC1

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Unless you have a OBD2 reader, and now how to use it, you will probably need the Dealer to find out why this is happening and to fix it.
I actually have do have a obd2 scanner I've been watching my stft and ltft most of the time they stay in the negatives. On my way home from work I'll give you guys a general number on my normal drive

wmayhue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I just recently started having the same issue, and my car has had battery issues in the past as well. I'm wondering if those are related

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If the battery just had the issue it could be the PCM relearning every thing - idle, A/F, etc
Sponsored