inconsistent connection with android auto when plugged in? all doors don't auto unlock

idoc777

First Name
monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ex
Country flag
my factory warranty ending soon. worried if this is normal. Whenever I plug my phone into the car to use android auto for navigation. 3/10 times it doesn't connect. it prompts me to check connection over and over. Seems to happen more when google maps already open on my phone. But again, not always. is this normal? Also, maybe 1/10 times my auto unlock key fob setting doesn't unlock the door (or trunk) when i get to the car. i would have to manually unlock it. One last question. I really want all doors to automatically unlock once i open the drivers door from the outside. Under settings, I set it as "unlock all doors when drivers door open". But that only worked when i'm exiting the car from the inside. from the outside, all doors never unlock when i open the drivers door. is this all normal?

thank you
Sponsored

caicai617

First Name
Chen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
Is the Android Auto issue happening for a long time or just recently? I just found my Android Auto connection getting unstable after some Android update a few days ago.
For the last question, I think what you should look for is something like "keyless entry" instead of "unlock doors" in the settings.

OP
OP

idoc777

First Name
monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ex
Country flag
Is the Android Auto issue happening for a long time or just recently? I just found my Android Auto connection getting unstable after some Android update a few days ago.
For the last question, I think what you should look for is something like "keyless entry" instead of "unlock doors" in the settings.
I bought my 2018 hatch ex as second owner from the dealer as CPO. the inconsistent connection has been happening ever since i bought the car. brought it to dealership. they resetted to factory setting hoping it would help. but it did not help. as for keyless entry, do you know where i can find the setting? also my trunk sometimes doesn't auto unlock either

BailOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Country flag
I have an LX-P Coupe. When I first got it over summer, grasping the driver's door handle unlocked all doors + the trunk. Then, I took the car to get extensively detailed, during which the battery was disconnected for many days. Since I got it back from the detailer, grasping the driver's door handle only unlocks the driver's door. When I grasp the passenger side door, all doors + trunk unlock.

Any ideas on how to get it back to all doors + trunk unlocking from grasping the driver's door handle? I have the "basic" headunit, so there's no vehicle settings menu to modify this like in the nicer touchscreen headunits.

BailOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Country flag
Well turns out it was all a lie - there is no option to unlock all doors from the 'grasp driver's door handle' input on an LX-P.

Despite that it's clearly shown on the personalized settings sheet (door unlock mode section) that sales reps configure the vehicle off of after each new sale.

Had half the service department look into this, too - just another waste of time.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Well turns out it was all a lie - there is no option to unlock all doors from the 'grasp driver's door handle' input on an LX-P.

Despite that it's clearly shown on the personalized settings sheet (door unlock mode section) that sales reps configure the vehicle off of after each new sale.

Had half the service department look into this, too - just another waste of time.
Man that sucks. If you have keyless entry, then you should be able to change it to "unlock all doors" (not sure if that includes the trunk or not) via "Vehicle Settings->Keyless Access Setup->Door Unlock Mode" in the Instrument Panel. Pg 133 of Owners Manual.

Honda Civic 10th gen inconsistent connection with android auto when plugged in?  all doors don't auto unlock 1606971338076

Last edited:

BailOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Country flag
Indeed!

Unfortunately, those instructions are for the EX and higher trims. The LX-P trim, despite being included in the list of trims that this is a configurable option for, can't access that menu, as I have the 'dumb' radio and different steering wheel controls, as you can see here. Also, others here on CX have inquired about it as well.

It's infuriating.
Sponsored

Last edited: