New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
If you want sound and a good look, Go with the Vibrant 1040 and a resonator delete. It looks good and for under $300 total, you can have it all done. There will be NO drone and a very nice deep sound when you get on it.

upload_2019-5-19_10-10-33.png

upload_2019-5-19_10-12-6.png
I have this without the resonator delete. Sounds great, just slightly louder thank stock, but a deeper tone. Trying to decide if I want the resonator delete. Our cars use oval tubing, so it cost me an extra couple bucks for the adapter, but I like it
Sponsored

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Country flag
Question. I saw this pic of the stock 4dr Si exhaust and am wondering if anyone has just chopped the HDMI off and welded some tips on? I don’t mind the sound I just hate the look. There seems to be plenty of room to hack them off and add something else. Or even weld a couple tips to clamps and clamp them on. I have a bunch of Porsche sport exhaust tips laying around I might have to try this. Maybe I should market itlol

Honda Civic 10th gen In the Market for Exhaust! Help needed! 3FB0DDF6-6830-435E-8D9E-1C9F92DE7C84

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you want sound and a good look, Go with the Vibrant 1040 and a resonator delete. It looks good and for under $300 total, you can have it all done. There will be NO drone and a very nice deep sound when you get on it.

upload_2019-5-19_10-10-33.png

upload_2019-5-19_10-12-6.png
Do you mind posting a few sounds clips? Just for the overall public? I really like the look of it and if it appeals to my liking, i might have to get it! Any gurgles w this system or pops?

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Do you mind posting a few sounds clips? Just for the overall public? I really like the look of it and if it appeals to my liking, i might have to get it! Any gurgles w this system or pops?
I would, but I recently added a cat less downpipe and frontpipe so it sounds WAY louder. I had to actually have my resonator put back on. The exhaust was just too loud for me.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
How do you like it? This is the exhaust I’ve been debating on purchasing! Also are you on base map?
I love it although I wish it was slightly quieter. I'm on Ktuner tsp stage 1, although this exhaust does not need a tune as it is made to run on a stock Si

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Question. I saw this pic of the stock 4dr Si exhaust and am wondering if anyone has just chopped the HDMI off and welded some tips on? I don’t mind the sound I just hate the look. There seems to be plenty of room to hack them off and add something else. Or even weld a couple tips to clamps and clamp them on. I have a bunch of Porsche sport exhaust tips laying around I might have to try this. Maybe I should market itlol

3FB0DDF6-6830-435E-8D9E-1C9F92DE7C84.jpeg
Not a good idea because the exhaust was designed for the current outlet size. If you were to put tips with bigger openings you could affect overall performance as you would be changing changing the exhaust flow affecting back pressure, at least that is what I read about adding tips

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Country flag
Not a good idea because the exhaust was designed for the current outlet size. If you were to put tips with bigger openings you could affect overall performance as you would be changing changing the exhaust flow affecting back pressure, at least that is what I read about adding tips
Hmmmm interesting take. I wouldn't think the factory HDMI or other tips would affect back pressure unless you were adding or removing some kind of baffle. I will have to do some more research on that. I have time, I am not getting my car for a couple more months.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmmmm interesting take. I wouldn't think the factory HDMI or other tips would affect back pressure unless you were adding or removing some kind of baffle. I will have to do some more research on that. I have time, I am not getting my car for a couple more months.
Actually if you look at the HDMI shape, it is a cover and inside are two exhaust pipes. If you could somehow remove it, it would like something like the civic Sports exhaust

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Country flag
Actually if you look at the HDMI shape, it is a cover and inside are two exhaust pipes. If you could somehow remove it, it would like something like the civic Sports exhaust
That was my thought exactly. Just cut the HDMI tip off and then weld (or clamp) 2 round tips onto the two existing pipes. Not looking for any type of performance gain or sound, I am just looking for something that looks better than stock.

nyamwaikinn

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport(Sonic Gray)
Country flag
I would, but I recently added a cat less downpipe and frontpipe so it sounds WAY louder. I had to actually have my resonator put back on. The exhaust was just too loud for me.

Hi! With that current setup with your resonator on and that muffler. Hows the drone with the catless downpipe?
Sponsored