First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello guys,

I am in the market for an exhaust as the HDMI exhaust on our cars is quiet and i have been looking at different ones. These are on my list:

MAPerformance Catback
HKS Hi-Power
CTR Retrofit Exhaust
Magnaflow Catback
Invidia R400
Greddy Supreme SP( growing on me)

I’m leaning more towards the HKS Hi-Power out of all, but i wouldn’t mind doing a retrofit of the CTR exhaust for the same amount almost.

Could you guys care to share your experience with any exhaust system you’ve had on your XGen Civic Si!

Would like to hear about the quality, drone, price, installation process, likes, and dislikes.

Thank you guys!
Sponsored

NeoZeed

Harvester of Sorrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
I hear that some actually prefer the Si exhaust to the Type R, stating the Type R as too tame. So that might not be the route you wanna take.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
i have the HKS Hi-Power and lotsssss of bassy drone. so much bass i love it. and its one of the nicer looking exhausts too with the dual burnt tips.

my other choice was greddy sp but the canisters and tips were too big. but still a solid exhaust and cheaper.

of course ill choose HKS all day long.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
My vote is Maperformance or 27won. I have the Maperformance Street version and I absolutely love it. It is the only exhaust I have heard that has a good deep throaty tone instead of the high pitch mixed with raspy. People either completely hate the quad tips or love the look. I like the way it looks. It matches the opening Honda provides perfectly. People had bad luck with the group buy but imo that should be expected. Shit happens but good companies make it right. Honestly, I would lean away from Greddy, it is my least favorite option without a doubt. If I had the patience and extra cash, I would have held out for the 27won. They will probably have the best quality exhaust on the market. Good luck! Let us know what you go with.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have an aFe Takeda 3" to 2-1/2" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back with Blue Flame tips. Definitely louder than the stock

Honda Civic 10th gen In the Market for Exhaust! Help needed! MVIMG_20190421_120704

Honda Civic 10th gen In the Market for Exhaust! Help needed! Takedainstall3.JPG

Old George

First Name
Georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I only changed the original down pipe to an Afe Takeda. The sound has changed: it is louder, deeper...so much
that I had to install soundproofing in the trunk
I kept the rest of the original exhaust system because there is not much to gain by changing it.
The installation is easy, the quality excellent and the price around 500 US $. I love it.
Good luck in your decision and purchase.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I only changed the original down pipe to an Afe Takeda. The sound has changed: it is louder, deeper...so much
that I had to install soundproofing in the trunk
I kept the rest of the original exhaust system because there is not much to gain by changing it.
The installation is easy, the quality excellent and the price around 500 US $. I love it.
Good luck in your decision and purchase.
Why did you need to sound proof the trunk when the downpipe is at the front (honest question)? Wouldn’t the loudness be coming more from the engine bay then from the rear?

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I hear that some actually prefer the Si exhaust to the Type R, stating the Type R as too tame. So that might not be the route you wanna take.
Now wha do you mean by too tame? Like too quiet? Or?

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
i have the HKS Hi-Power and lotsssss of bassy drone. so much bass i love it. and its one of the nicer looking exhausts too with the dual burnt tips.

my other choice was greddy sp but the canisters and tips were too big. but still a solid exhaust and cheaper.

of course ill choose HKS all day long.
So im guessing its loud in the cabin , higher rpms= louder exhaust note or just really deep tone?

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My vote is Maperformance or 27won. I have the Maperformance Street version and I absolutely love it. It is the only exhaust I have heard that has a good deep throaty tone instead of the high pitch mixed with raspy. People either completely hate the quad tips or love the look. I like the way it looks. It matches the opening Honda provides perfectly. People had bad luck with the group buy but imo that should be expected. Shit happens but good companies make it right. Honestly, I would lean away from Greddy, it is my least favorite option without a doubt. If I had the patience and extra cash, I would have held out for the 27won. They will probably have the best quality exhaust on the market. Good luck! Let us know what you go with.
I’ve heard great things about the MAPerformance exhaust. Did you have a problem with the installation? Some people said that they had trouble w it hanging too low? This was originally my choice and I’ve been thinking on it more and more

NeoZeed

Harvester of Sorrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
I have an aFe Takeda 3" to 2-1/2" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back with Blue Flame tips. Definitely louder than the stock

MVIMG_20190421_120704.jpg

Takedainstall3.JPG
This one’s on the top of my list. I’m curious though, how loud is louder? I live in CA and worry about getting some “unwanted attention”

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That sounds soo good and def something I’d be definitely interested in! Although i do, i wonder how’d it sound w a Catted DP because thats what i plan to buy! Thanks for sharing the video! Much appreciated

NeoZeed

Harvester of Sorrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
Now wha do you mean by too tame? Like too quiet? Or?
Too quiet and smooth, I’d imagine. I haven’t actually heard it in person, so take this with a grain of salt... but multiple reviews mention it’s muted note. I think it was throttle house in one of their shootout videos that said they actually prefer the Si note.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
This one’s on the top of my list. I’m curious though, how loud is louder? I live in CA and worry about getting some “unwanted attention”
It's a little bit louder, more of an aggressive sound over the stock when going hard on the throttle, but is quiet at cruising speeds. It's not one of those exhausts that will wake up your neighbors thankfully
Sponsored