Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
In to get my trans checked, so i can feel comfortablegetting ktuner. And now im about to test drive a 2021 hatch. Although its automatic too. Cargo space would help with my hobbies
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
Well the hatch was dude trying to talk about it like it has huge differences frkm my ext.
But i can get a 17 si with 40k miles and only have 100$ increase in overall bills from what i pay now.
But idk if i want to drive a manual daily. Or when i travel.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well the hatch was dude trying to talk about it like it has huge differences frkm my ext.
But i can get a 17 si with 40k miles and only have 100$ increase in overall bills from what i pay now.
i daily my Si in heavy traffic most of the week and have taken it on a few road trips so far, wouldn't have it any other way

tons more fun and you feel much more connected to the car

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
i daily my Si in heavy traffic most of the week and have taken it on a few road trips so far, wouldn't have it any other way

tons more fun and you feel much more connected to the car
I havent went home i went down the road and started crunching numbers. Ll

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
i havent driven a manual in years, they have to ship the car from their other location, so it wasnt doable today regardless. but 46k miles a warrenty til 100k or 2 years. its a nanual, and a si. then only downside is the payment increase 50 bucks a month and the insurance increase which for some reason they arnt pulling up si, or just wont stay consistent

Devon_623

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT, 2015 Aprilia Shiver 750
Country flag
I daily drive my manual everyday and I love in boston, wouldnt have it any other way.

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
I daily drive my manual everyday and I love in boston, wouldnt have it any other way.
I used to always daily manuals. It became a automatic thing for me. Just not looking forward to getting used to it again, and my math was a wee bit off. Ill get an increase between 100-200 a month. Which isnt bad. Snd i feel ill get more life out of the si. As well as. Its basically got multiple things i want for my car from the factory lol

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I have an ex hatch, and love it... cargo area is great. Comfortable daily driver.

I also have an si. If I had to choose one or the other, I’m going with the si 100%.

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
I have an ex hatch, and love it... cargo area is great. Comfortable daily driver.

I also have an si. If I had to choose one or the other, I’m going with the si 100%.
Yeah the hatch was nice, it had the same options as my car basically, and the extra space would be nice for camping and cliff jumping.
But so far i make my coupe work. Ive slept in it a few times even being 6'6".
But its very boring to drive. I worry about breaking the cvt more then i should lol. Always had less issues with a manual then i have automatics.
I have them bringing it from the other location so i can test drive it tomorrow, worse case i dont like it as much as i though, and i just keep my car. But 105k miles, no warrenty. And just refinanced it.
Vs. 45k, warrenty. And it would only add an extra year vs my refinanced car with more then twice the milage

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Yeah the hatch was nice, it had the same options as my car basically, and the extra space would be nice for camping and cliff jumping.
But so far i make my coupe work. Ive slept in it a few times even being 6'6".
But its very boring to drive. I worry about breaking the cvt more then i should lol. Always had less issues with a manual then i have automatics.
I have them bringing it from the other location so i can test drive it tomorrow, worse case i dont like it as much as i though, and i just keep my car. But 105k miles, no warrenty. And just refinanced it.
Vs. 45k, warrenty. And it would only add an extra year vs my refinanced car with more then twice the milage
I feel the same way about my cvt. I don’t mind beating on my manual, at all ?

good luck!

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anyone know the differences vetween the si 6 speed and regular 1.5t 6 speed? I heard they feel sloppier then the si
I found a hatch with a 6 speed.
I could get way more use from the hatch i think given the csrgo space when i go camping and such.
Its also got some lame vinyl on the hood. Which leads me to believe it was hammered in by a younger person lol

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got to test drive a si sedan, and then probably the coupe. I could use the sedan for more. But the coupe works fine for everything except trips and hauling a kayak

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
My Si is my daily… commuting to work, city driving, trips… I don’t want anything other than a manual if I have a choice. Gives me the option of dropping a gear or two and getting out of situations that you just can’t do with a CVT (my wife’s car has a CVT; one of my daughters’ cars - which I had to take away from her for being stupid behind the wheel ? - and drove as my daily for a couple years was a CVT). Having driven manuals all my life - and I’m old as dirt - is really like ‘riding a bicycle’. Once you get used to the clutch engagement point and the rev-hang, there’s no turning back. ESPECIALLY from an Si!

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wait a year. Next gen hatch is around the corner
But my credit isnt the best. Also my cvt coupe has over 200k now. And i get the joy of having negative equity on it. Probably due to the sccident.
I test drove the si. Aside from the pedals feeling close close together. I did like it.
Sorta surprised on how long the throw was between gears. I wasnt exactly impressed. But i did like hearing the motor more. And it was definitely faster.
46k miles. Warranty tio 100k.
Sponsored