In-Depth Official Review. Picked up my Cosmic Blue Touring last week!

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Some great videos! I still get a kick out of seeing Honda Sensing self driving the car even though I've seen it before.

The new subwoofers must be heavier than factory ones. Notice any difference in how the car drives with more weight in the rear?
Sponsored

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Great videos! First time I've actually seen Honda Sensing in action. Sometimes I feel all these driver assist features actually make for worse drivers.

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Some great videos! I still get a kick out of seeing Honda Sensing self driving the car even though I've seen it before.

The new subwoofers must be heavier than factory ones. Notice any difference in how the car drives with more weight in the rear?
The new subwoofers are like 40-50lb. I don't notice any difference in the way the vehicle drives

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Curious how poor the subwoofer is in the Touring? Will the replacement make a noticeable difference? Are we talking about bass that will shake the car.
I forgot to answer one part of your question last night. The best way to think of the factory subwoofers is when you turn up the volume, the bass/subwoofer distorts. It'll sound like garbage. Also it doesn't have that bass "feel" (shaking sensation).

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
Just to verify, does this mean the new civic doesnt have ANC module? Active Noise Cancellation

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
I have a Kicker Solobaric 10 inch L7.. These are MONSTERS.. two 12inch Kenwood subs can't even match the performance this baby brings to the table. Plus, these are very heavy duty built subs. They will not degrade or break easily. I've been using them for over a year already and they still bump..

Traction Control does come on A-LOT when roads are wet but nothing when roads are completely dry.

I've uploaded several videos for you guys to enjoy, including my 0-60 (untimed), and I also show off the car driving by itself on the highway with curves.

PLEASE leave comments! :D
P.S. Any distortion you hear from audio is NOT the car.. My Nikon Camera's Microphone cannot handle the subwoofer's bass and the speakers.

2016 Honda Civic Touring Sound Quality and Walk-Through at night:

2016 Honda Civic 0-60 and Honda Sensing:
(Whenever you guys hear a "beep" thats the notification that steering is required. All I do is slightly tug on the steering wheel and it immediately activates again)

Lastly, Just fun driving at night with music :)

how much for the sub. I love the interior lights. i need to do that when i get my car. looks amazing if you ask me.

Thanks!

ericgir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I picked up my cosmic blue touring last week and I'm in love with it. It feels and drives like a BMW and the fact that not so many people own this new model yet makes you feel like you own the streets.
Comfort:
The vehicle is very comfortable. The leather seats are great and they smell good too (Last year's Toyota Corolla Leather seats smelled like petrol). There's enough space in the front to adjust yourself to your liking and enough in the back for passengers. The heated seats are great and allow me to drive with open windows and moonroof comfortably during the cold winter.

Look:
It's very sporty looking while at the same time appearing very high scale. The outer materials are pretty heavy and "real" compared to a Toyota Corolla's "Plastic" feel.

Materials:
The materials inside the vehicle are great to the touch. it's all high end and does not feel bulky or cheap.

Performance:
This car is FAST. Seriously, from a standstill it can go to 60mph in 6.8 seconds. It pushes passengers back to their seats. Although not necessary, I use unleaded plus gas (89 Octane) instead of regular unleaded because of what I've read in the forums here and other places since having a higher octane benefits the turbo. I also received my very FIRST traffic citation with this car while trying to see how fast this can go. Luckily, I live in Texas where it's actually the most LENIENT on speeders. I hired an attorney since the police locked me 102 on a 75 highway toll road.

Sound System Quality:
The touring features 10 speakers including a subwoofer. The speakers are great and they really get the sound really good on the highs and mids but I found the subwoofer to be rather lacking. The lows and the bass are not great at all. They are decent for the average listener though. As of writing this, I'm getting the subwoofer I had on my previous car installed on to this one so it'll improve the overall sound quality A LOT.

CarPlay and Dash:
CarPlay is amazing and working really great. Siri is way more intelligent than the factory voice assistant. The screen isn't as sensitive as the iPhone at first but you can adjust the sensitivity of the screen in the dash settings.

The Garmin map is basically like your standard high end Garmin GPS that you can buy at a store so i'm not going to go into too much detail about it but the only gripe I have about it is that when you are driving, it does not let you or a passenger manually enter a destination. You have to speak it into the voice assistant and the voice assistant isn't that smart so it almost makes it useless if you have to go somewhere while you are on the road already unless you have your iPhone plugged in and use siri.

"Bugs":
There are really not any bugs in the system from what I've noticed. There was one day where I was trying to play music but no sound was coming out whether it was iPhone, FM, SiriusXM, etc.. I quickly realized that it was just stuck in Navi Voice Prompt (Separate Audio Channel For Siri, Map Prompts). Turning off the car wouldn't fix it. I just had to disconnect my phone, go to SiriusXM(FM station works too) and turn the volume up from the actual display. It fixed it there and I haven't had any issues.

Auto-Pilot Mode:
Yes, the car WILL drive for you. It will deactivate if it doesn't detect that you are steering but a minimal slight tug on the wheel reactivates the system immediately. It's not marketed as Auto-Pilot because of current laws or maybe they don't want you to be over dependent on the system. But it's really awesome. Turn on adaptive cruise control and you could literally sit there doing nothing and observe the car driving for you.

Eventually, I'm hoping someone will create a bypass so it doesn't need to detect steering or create something that will attach to the steering wheel that can create a jolting force every 8-10 seconds to trick the vehicle in to thinking someone is steering.

Due to inclimate weather, I haven't taken any pictures but I will try to post some later today.
Ask me all the questions you guys want!
Hi,

Thanks for sharing.

I'be got my civic 2016 touring last Thursday and since then plagued with the "no audio" problem. Default factory settings didn't help. I hoped that you procedure would solve my problem but it didn't unless did something wrong. You are suggesting that I select either fm radio or satellite then pump up the volume with the interface on the infotertainement?

BTW, do your automatic wiper work, mine does nothing even though it's raining.

Thanks

ericgir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
My wipers work. Set to auto (one stop downward on the stalk from off).
Thanks for the quick reply. Will the auto mode work while on Park or only while driving?

Here when I select Auto the wipers move one time then full stop. I begin to wonder if something is wrong with the rain sensor.

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
What did the factory subs weigh for comparison?
Factory subs look like they are 5-10lbs.. I didn't weigh them. It's attached to the metal framing of the trunk

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Thanks for the quick reply. Will the auto mode work while on Park or only while driving?

Here when I select Auto the wipers move one time then full stop. I begin to wonder if something is wrong with the rain sensor.
Mine do that too. It's to clear the wind shield of any moisture it may have gathered overnight. And they also work while on park. It also just lets you know that they are on standby

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Just to verify, does this mean the new civic doesnt have ANC module? Active Noise Cancellation
There is no active noise cancellation but it's super quiet in the cabin while driving

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
how much for the sub. I love the interior lights. i need to do that when i get my car. looks amazing if you ask me.

Thanks!
I don't know how much the subs cost exactly (I got them free last year from a neighbor who was moving out that never used them) but the total set up last year (parts included) was $577. This year since I had all the parts and I didn't need to buy an amp or anything of that sort I just had to pay install fee of $100 and $5 materials fee. It's also backed by lifetime install warranty.
Sponsored