In-Depth Official Review. Picked up my Cosmic Blue Touring last week!

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
It looks like you are enjoying your civic. That color looks good. has a nice classy look to it.

thanks for the vids.
Sponsored

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
Interesting that Hondasense requires your hand on the wheel and will actually detect for it or deactivate itself.
Just want to add. It doesn't actually detect your hand on the wheel like Tesla and some other cars do (I've heard you can disable those by taping a cylinder to the wheel?).

The car can feel if you're putting any torque on the steering. It knows what it's pushing, it knows how the road is making the steering move, and then if you put the slightest amount of torque to turn the wheel it detects it and doesn't bother you about steering.

It's really quite sensitive. When I have ACC + LKAS on, if I just loosely keep a hand on the wheel as it steers around corners and such I don't get the steering required alert. It's almost like when you have your hand resting on it, it has to put more force to turn, and then it senses you're giving resistance and doesn't alert you. You can just jerk the steering every 10 seconds, but I just keep my left hand lazily on the wheel.

aho23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Awesome mods and sound system!

I have the EX-T, so i dont have the factory subwoofer but do you think i can still splice the audio wire from my rear speakers so i can feed it to my amp? I dont want to mess with the headunit and add a line-out converter.

Edit: Also you didnt show that you added an RCA or remote turn on wire. Did you not need one?

Last edited:

makemerush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Awesome mods and sound system!

I have the EX-T, so i dont have the factory subwoofer but do you think i can still splice the audio wire from my rear speakers so i can feed it to my amp? I dont want to mess with the headunit and add a line-out converter.
I don't see why it wouldn't work :)

acco20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking at 2016 civic touring
I picked up my cosmic blue touring last week and I'm in love with it. It feels and drives like a BMW and the fact that not so many people own this new model yet makes you feel like you own the streets.
Comfort:
The vehicle is very comfortable. The leather seats are great and they smell good too (Last year's Toyota Corolla Leather seats smelled like petrol). There's enough space in the front to adjust yourself to your liking and enough in the back for passengers. The heated seats are great and allow me to drive with open windows and moonroof comfortably during the cold winter.

Look:
It's very sporty looking while at the same time appearing very high scale. The outer materials are pretty heavy and "real" compared to a Toyota Corolla's "Plastic" feel.

Materials:
The materials inside the vehicle are great to the touch. it's all high end and does not feel bulky or cheap.

Performance:
This car is FAST. Seriously, from a standstill it can go to 60mph in 6.8 seconds. It pushes passengers back to their seats. Although not necessary, I use unleaded plus gas (89 Octane) instead of regular unleaded because of what I've read in the forums here and other places since having a higher octane benefits the turbo. I also received my very FIRST traffic citation with this car while trying to see how fast this can go. Luckily, I live in Texas where it's actually the most LENIENT on speeders. I hired an attorney since the police locked me 102 on a 75 highway toll road.

Sound System Quality:
The touring features 10 speakers including a subwoofer. The speakers are great and they really get the sound really good on the highs and mids but I found the subwoofer to be rather lacking. The lows and the bass are not great at all. They are decent for the average listener though. As of writing this, I'm getting the subwoofer I had on my previous car installed on to this one so it'll improve the overall sound quality A LOT.

CarPlay and Dash:
CarPlay is amazing and working really great. Siri is way more intelligent than the factory voice assistant. The screen isn't as sensitive as the iPhone at first but you can adjust the sensitivity of the screen in the dash settings.

The Garmin map is basically like your standard high end Garmin GPS that you can buy at a store so i'm not going to go into too much detail about it but the only gripe I have about it is that when you are driving, it does not let you or a passenger manually enter a destination. You have to speak it into the voice assistant and the voice assistant isn't that smart so it almost makes it useless if you have to go somewhere while you are on the road already unless you have your iPhone plugged in and use siri.

"Bugs":
There are really not any bugs in the system from what I've noticed. There was one day where I was trying to play music but no sound was coming out whether it was iPhone, FM, SiriusXM, etc.. I quickly realized that it was just stuck in Navi Voice Prompt (Separate Audio Channel For Siri, Map Prompts). Turning off the car wouldn't fix it. I just had to disconnect my phone, go to SiriusXM(FM station works too) and turn the volume up from the actual display. It fixed it there and I haven't had any issues.

Auto-Pilot Mode:
Yes, the car WILL drive for you. It will deactivate if it doesn't detect that you are steering but a minimal slight tug on the wheel reactivates the system immediately. It's not marketed as Auto-Pilot because of current laws or maybe they don't want you to be over dependent on the system. But it's really awesome. Turn on adaptive cruise control and you could literally sit there doing nothing and observe the car driving for you.

Eventually, I'm hoping someone will create a bypass so it doesn't need to detect steering or create something that will attach to the steering wheel that can create a jolting force every 8-10 seconds to trick the vehicle in to thinking someone is steering.

Due to inclimate weather, I haven't taken any pictures but I will try to post some later today.
Ask me all the questions you guys want!

Photo Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/uswsi

I have a Kicker Solobaric 10 inch L7.. These are MONSTERS.. two 12inch Kenwood subs can't even match the performance this baby brings to the table. Plus, these are very heavy duty built subs. They will not degrade or break easily. I've been using them for over a year already and they still bump..

Traction Control does come on A-LOT when roads are wet but nothing when roads are completely dry.

I've uploaded several videos for you guys to enjoy, including my 0-60 (untimed), and I also show off the car driving by itself on the highway with curves.

PLEASE leave comments! :D
P.S. Any distortion you hear from audio is NOT the car.. My Nikon Camera's Microphone cannot handle the subwoofer's bass and the speakers.

2016 Honda Civic Touring Sound Quality and Walk-Through at night:

2016 Honda Civic 0-60 and Honda Sensing:
(Whenever you guys hear a "beep" thats the notification that steering is required. All I do is slightly tug on the steering wheel and it immediately activates again)

Lastly, Just fun driving at night with music :)

================================
UPDATE 12/2/1015

Cosmic Blue on a Sunny Day:

Troubleshooting Steps for No Audio on Civic:

Photo Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/uswsi
Thank you for these posts and videos. Really informative. Above under carplay and dash, you mention adjusting screen sensitivity in dash settings. I assume you are talking about the screen in the car and if so, how do I do this. Thank you.
Sponsored