Sponsored

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hello, so i just bought a 2018 honda civic hatchback LX and i want to import a wallpaper on my radio. everything i have tried wont allow me to use the import option, its just grayed out, i have the file at 889 KB, its 1920x936 and its a Jpeg. so im not really sure if there is something else i need to do. can anyone help?
I would make it 1024 x 600.
Jpeg is fine.
But .bmp would not have the compression artifacts, - depends on on what compression rate you have the Jpeg set to.

Personally, I would go 1024 x 600 BMP for best quality display
I think 1024 x 600 is the native resolution of the LCD ??

1024 x 600 @ 16 Million colors is 1.8MB (well within limits)
1920 x 936 @ 16 Million colors is 5.265 MB (way too big !)

• You can only have three wallpaper images uploaded at a time. If you already have three pictures in your wallpaper list, you’ll need to delete an old one to make room for a new one.
  • If your image is in a folder on the flash drive, the Honda Civic will not be able to find it. Connect your flash drive to your computer, then move the image file from the folder to the root directory.
  • Make sure your image file is saved in .bmp or .jpg form.
  • Make sure your image doesn’t exceed any size limits. Wallpaper image files must be 2 MB or less. The image must be 1,920 x 936 pixels or less. The file name must be fewer than 64 characters.

OP
OP

TinyTemper13

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I would make it 1024 x 600.
Jpeg is fine.
But .bmp would not have the compression artifacts, - depends on on what compression rate you have the Jpeg set to.

Personally, I would go 1024 x 600 BMP for best quality display
I think 1024 x 600 is the native resolution of the LCD ??

1024 x 600 @ 16 Million colors is 1.8MB (well within limits)
1920 x 936 @ 16 Million colors is 5.265 MB (way too big !)

• You can only have three wallpaper images uploaded at a time. If you already have three pictures in your wallpaper list, you’ll need to delete an old one to make room for a new one.
  • If your image is in a folder on the flash drive, the Honda Civic will not be able to find it. Connect your flash drive to your computer, then move the image file from the folder to the root directory.
  • Make sure your image file is saved in .bmp or .jpg form.
  • Make sure your image doesn’t exceed any size limits. Wallpaper image files must be 2 MB or less. The image must be 1,920 x 936 pixels or less. The file name must be fewer than 64 characters.
i tried a different flash drive and its worked!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
i tried a different flash drive and its worked!
Although I very much doubt that the Civic's USB is 3.0 (much more likely to be 2.0) --

ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE ???

I have found that 3.0 flash dives work significantly better... especially when playing MP3s.. little to no jumping and skipping with the 3.0. Some 2.0 drives were terrible !!
Sponsored