Impatient Type R Driver?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Came across this recent article from Australia. Shows a Australia Type R driver trying to overtake a slower truck, then getting slammed By it. To me it looks like the truck purposely steered into and pushed into the R because the truck had no reason to veer into the Rs lane, as that lane was soon ending.
It appears lots of social media folks blame the Type R driver for being impatient, and getting what he deserved. I disagree, as I think many people would do the same

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...k-crashing-merging-lane-viewers-slam-him.html
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wonder if anything occured before that, but it looks like the truck swerved on purpose.

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
There was no reason for the truck to merge further left except to block off the type r. I think the truck was definitely at fault and even though the type r was driving aggressively, he didnt deserve that. It looks to me like most of the viewers commenting are ignorant.

OP
OP
Captaindicki

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Ignorant and maybe even spiteful for the Type R driver. Agreed, no reason to steer left. That was intentional, and I believe the final outcome was favourable for the Civic driver, probably thanks to his dash cam.
If that were me I’d probably do the same, and I have in the past

Flyingpiggie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2016 MX-5, 2008 Si
Country flag
Yea the truck had no reason to swerve. He was on a lane that did not need to merge and there was plenty of space for the ctr to merge.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, but any opportunity to pass a truck I get within the legal limits I will take. They are almost always some of the worst drivers and that’s not even considering how slow they are. The commentators saying the CTR driver is impatient must be the people who hog the left lane and not passing and moving over too.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Definitely looked intentional to not allow him to pass. There was no reason for the truck to steer to the left as his lane was not merging.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would have passed that truck as well, not only because yeah I can be a bit impatient at times and don’t always want to be behind a slower moving truck but because those trucks love to throw up rocks that our weak windshields and thin paint are not fans of.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I'm not seeing where the Type R did anything to deserve getting hit. There was plenty of room and time to get around the truck. Maybe there's more to the story but with what's shown, the truck driver seems like an ass.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah that truck absolutely swerved to BLOCK the R from passing. Truck driver is an asshole. The R did nothing wrong and had plenty of time and a ton of room left in that lane to pass safely. Truck had no reason to do what he did.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also would have gotten out and give that truck driver a knuckle sandwich.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
When I pass someone, which is rare nowadays, I typically get 10+ car lengths back and build up a bit of speed in the lane before passing. That way whoever I’m passing doesn’t have time to cut me off, speed up, etc. I also avoid tailgating so they don’t think that I’m actually trying to pass.

The mistake this guy made was probably tailgating the truck very aggressively, and the trucker wanted to teach him a lesson. Still completely wrong though.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It didn’t even look like he even gunned it that hard
Sponsored