Imagine if the Si got the current Type R 2.0T and the new Type R got AWD and a 2.4T from outgoing Si

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I had this crazy idea that seems 100% unlikely, but it would be amazing.

Honda throws the 9th Gen Type R 2.0T in the new 10th gen Si. And they turbo the outgoing Si 2.4L for the new Type R, getting 350-400 HP and they give it AWD.

The new Si would blow the GTI and Focus ST out of the water, and the Type R would also wipe the floor with the Golf R and Focus RS.
Sponsored

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Indeed a crazy idea and very unlikely.

What it think would be possible is the Si getting a detuned version of the Type R 2.0L, the Type R gets the 306HP, then whenever Acura gets a version they would a little more power, plus SH-AWD.

Uncle Jack

Threads
Reaction score

Honda throws the 9th Gen Type R 2.0T in the new 10th gen Si. And they turbo the outgoing Si 2.4L for the new Type R, getting 350-400 HP and they give it AWD.

The new Si would blow the GTI and Focus ST out of the water, and the Type R would also wipe the floor with the Golf R and Focus RS.
Doubtful. But who knows, maybe with the standard model already far surpassing the outgoing one, they'll give the Si and TypeR a huge leap forward too by doing something like this.

Indeed a crazy idea and very unlikely.

What it think would be possible is the Si getting a detuned version of the Type R 2.0L, the Type R gets the 306HP, then whenever Acura gets a version they would a little more power, plus SH-AWD.
What current Acura model would that be? Or you mean a new sportier Acura model?

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Doubtful. But who knows, maybe with the standard model already far surpassing the outgoing one, they'll give the Si and TypeR a huge leap forward too by doing something like this.

What current Acura model would that be? Or you mean a new sportier Acura model?
An R version of the ILX, most likely. My dealer principal, who owns an Acura store, heard that most likely they will come out with sportier models of the entire line. Nothing is finalized yet.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
An R version of the ILX, most likely. My dealer principal, who owns an Acura store, heard that most likely they will come out with sportier models of the entire line. Nothing is finalized yet.
Interesting. So Honda might be bringing multiple R models to the North American market...

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
^^Or brand as a Type S.

Honda has already outlined their Turbo series lineup; 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0. Anything larger would likely be NA.

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Type R or Type S ILX could be a fun car paired with the DCT. But a 2016 Civic sedan Type R with DCT would perform better and be even better looking. :love:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Too expensive for a Civic from a marketing/branding standpoint, IMHO.

ILX is indeed the better candidate.

ca$h31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 EP3 Si hatch

That would be hella sick if Honda would do that but throw into production the turboed K20 2.0T head into the K24 2.4 block n make it all wheel drive too. Now there is a combo that would easily crank 350HP to 400HP stock and as.long as Honda throws together the nighter performance internals the type R motors are known for then pretty much all that's needed are some bolt on's and and K pro to program and tune the ECU and then you would have a car that cranks out 500HP easy. Then like the rumors are saying that Honda is building r 1.0T and 1.5T motors then I think they should make a K1,6 or 1.6T and put it in the CRZ hybrid R or something. Then most of all I would like to see Honda bring back the s2000 and make it a little wider and slightly longer that has the 2.4T head on the K24 2.4 bottom end like I was just saying or. The likely motor would be the J35 V6 motor in it and there you have Honda beating down the FR-S/ BRZ with ease. Honda did the rear wheel roadster 10 years before the Toyota/Subru team up did. So 10 years ago all Honda needed to do is throw the more powerful motor under the hood and you have no hype on all the roadsters like the FR-S or BRZ. Honda simply paved the way for the hot high revving hatchbacks and the roadster. The writers and critics for cars and all the people who don't believe in Honda are oblivious to this and need to recognize.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea Its time the Si gets a performance bump and then likewise the Type R. They were hitting 200 BHP with the K20A2 but now they come out with these super efficient turbos which are kinda cool but really NA VTEC was better. Remember the NSX
Sponsored