I'm sure I'm beating a dead thread here...

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
Ok so as the title states... Shopping a tuning solution decided on ktuner over hondata as hondata seems to be lackluster in the support category. Those of you who have experience with the V1.2 please let me know if you feel it would be a worthwhile upgrade to get the V2 if I planned on running tunerview on the headunit anyways. As far as I can tell the V2 functionality only gets a leg up by way of reading codes on all cars and a couple other bells and whistles. Also can both versions of the ktuner be programmed to switch tunes with the mode select switch on the console? Thx for your input :nixon:
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Ok so as the title states... Shopping a tuning solution decided on ktuner over hondata as hondata seems to be lackluster in the support category. Those of you who have experience with the V1.2 please let me know if you feel it would be a worthwhile upgrade to get the V2 if I planned on running tunerview on the headunit anyways. As far as I can tell the V2 functionality only gets a leg up by way of reading codes on all cars and a couple other bells and whistles. Also can both versions of the ktuner be programmed to switch tunes with the mode select switch on the console? Thx for your input :nixon:

I have v1.2 and TunerView Lite on my headunit and I'm considering getting v2 because of the inconvenience switching screens when I want to use Waze, Pandora, voice-to-text, or TunerView screen.
The TunerView display, although cool, is probably the least important considering the car is mostly stock with just a flash. I'm mostly just daily-driving so there aren't really parameters I need to watch aside from just being curious about my intake air temps on a particular day.
If there was a clean way to mount it and not affect vents or require holes...

OP
OP
Type_RawR

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
Thats a big deal for me too, I REALLY don't want the black box hanging out in my cubby where I put my keys and other miscellaneous items when I'm driving.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I have KTuner V1.2. I don't think V2 is needed unless you want to reflash on the go, especially if you have TunerView Lite on your headunit. If you have an android phone, you can download the app and also flash from there + datalog, I believe (i have an iphone, so I'm not 100% sure).

I like V1.2 because its a wireless bluetooth OBD II module. The Hondata and the V2 have cords, which are a pain if you simply just want to have guage outputs on your headunit.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I love the V1.2 with tunerview. I love being able to watch the actual coolant temperatures. Also, with HondaHack you can program a steering wheel button to open tunerview, so switching isn't a big deal.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i use the v2 simply because i use my head unit for waze maps and dealing with calls.
as a bit of a gimmick geek, i put the ktuner v2 on the charge pad with cables run under the dash. (i always plug my phone in for android view so don't need the charge pad)
the head unit is not jailbroken. things just work well this way.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Since we are talking about tunerview I need to check my settings on honda hack. I dont have my compass or turn navigation on the instrument cluster now.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I love the V1.2 with tunerview. I love being able to watch the actual coolant temperatures. Also, with HondaHack you can program a steering wheel button to open tunerview, so switching isn't a big deal.
Forgot to mention that yes you can reprogram the steering wheel buttons to open different apps. Works well for 2 apps, but more then that and I think you run out of buttons.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
SHAMELESS PLUG LOL:rofl: out of curiosity how much are your tunes besting the base maps by?
:) No shame when you are a paid site sponsor.

Additional power output from a custom tune will depend on mods and fuel type.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've owned flashpro on previous vehicles. I went with ktuner for a number of reason for this FK8.

It was cheaper
It has more options, like the V2 that I went with
And they don't have that jerk Doug working for them...the end :D
Sponsored