I'm personally curious do CTR and Type R owners always tint their windows?

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Nope.
Sponsored

CTRismybeater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 E90 M3 & 2019 FK8 CTR
Country flag
Never. Interferes with speed enforcement detection and counter measures and hand signals at the track. Also, per LEOs here and surrounding states tint increases your likelihood of not getting a free pass on minor infractions simply because of they don’t feel as safe approaching you even with modest tint.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Living in Florida it’s a necessity.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Also, per LEOs here and surrounding states tint increases your likelihood of not getting a free pass on minor infractions simply because of they don’t feel as safe approaching you even with modest tint.
I've only been pulled over a few times, but I just roll my windows down all the way. ?‍♂

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
No tint. Car is either garage @ home or garage at work. I go out at night lol

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Tinted-Because Florida. Even if it weren't hot, I'd tint to protect the interior from UV.
Mine is tinted to the legal standard.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Funny thing is, only thing I ever got pulled over for in my R in three years was for my tint. Stopped at a 7 eleven on the way to the OB with my wife in a hot-shit-cop town, come outside and see a cop parked next to me. Pull out, immediately pulled over, and asking to search the vehicle while he waits for his backup with the tint gun.

And then the tint meter apparently said my front and rears were different and both way below the limit (they were both just over legal and equal at 15%), but didn't even see my tinted windshield (always illegal, but screw that it's Florida)

In the end I got a warning, but lmao.

Last edited:

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Here in PA sedans have to allow 70% light thru on all windows...lame as s#*t. Barely worth it to tint at those levels. Now it's a petty thing that you can get away with if your darker pending on where at you are in PA(but technically still run a risk giving a cop a reason to pull you over). Our states wierd with what they enforce and don't pending on the locale. Just like we're not allowed to have tires sticking out past fenders,but you see it everywhere where I live,and never hear of people getting pulled over and cited for such petty stupid laws.
NJ prohibits tints on the windshield and front. I had mine tinted when I was down in LA but removed them when I moved to NJ.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Didnt tint mine and wont. Dont need to give cops a reason to pull me over in NY. Just aint worth it.