I'm just a meatball trying to be a steak

toyrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 HR-V, 1995 Toyota Supra TT, 94 K_Del Sol, 94 K20 Turbo EG, 2000 Honda Insight
Country flag
Good Morning All!

I managed to snag the new PRL P600 drop in turbo on the 1st batch, which I'm excited about. During my last tune, we empierced some slippage of the clutch on the Dyno and want to tackle this issue alongside the turbo installed. I'm currently trying to decided what clutch setup to run. Hoping anyone who has upgraded their clutch or has experienced an FK8 with upgraded clutch can shed some light. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

:grouphug:
Honda Civic 10th gen I'm just a meatball trying to be a steak 63270487654--B01CFA05-12ED-4F00-B300-604D892E0391

Current Mods:
Hondata
Hondata Fuel Upgrade
SiriMoto Flex Fuel Kit (e40 blend)
PRL Intake
PRL TI Inlet Pipe
PRL FMIC
RV6 Catless DP
RV6 Front Pipe
J's Racing Full Titanium Exhaust
406hp 429 trq
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Surprised you slipped that early. Competition clutch, ACT, and Exedy seem to be the fan favorites right now. I still run stock clutch though so I canā€™t help too much ?

MDFK8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Clutch Masters FX400 8 puck configuration. Iā€™ve been running this clutch with the P600 for 2-3 months now and havenā€™t had any problems. They put it on a month or so before the turbo so I had the opportunity to break it in and get used to it. I recommend doing so if you can.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Clutch Masters FX400 8 puck configuration. Iā€™ve been running this clutch with the P600 for 2-3 months now and havenā€™t had any problems. They put it on a month or so before the turbo so I had the opportunity to break it in and get used to it. I recommend doing so if you can.
Iā€™m guessing youā€™re the owner of the FK8 that Mike was testing the P600 on? ?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Off topic but that's the best fitting Varis hood I've seen lol.

OP
OP
toyrocket

toyrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 HR-V, 1995 Toyota Supra TT, 94 K_Del Sol, 94 K20 Turbo EG, 2000 Honda Insight
Country flag
Surprised you slipped that early. Competition clutch, ACT, and Exedy seem to be the fan favorites right now. I still run stock clutch though so I canā€™t help too much ?
YES!!!!! Unfortunately, we had to dial the car down a bit due to it slipping up top.

Just the person I was looking for!!! :bow::bow::bow:
Any chattering?
How much power you making on the setup?
and how do you feel with that setup?
Thank you in advance

OP
OP
toyrocket

toyrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Off topic but that's the best fitting Varis hood I've seen lol.
I gotta thank my body shop guy! He's a perfectionist

OP
OP
toyrocket

toyrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you know what type of adjustments he made to make it fit so well?
You might laugh at, but he used a stack of 3.5 cards and made sure that all sides were the same thickness and gapped evenly! :cool: It looks amazing

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Do you have any dyno graph? Maybe you are putting the torque too early, you can smooth out a little bit that will help with the slippage of the clutch, I have seen higher wtq on the dyno with no issues, also I have seen less early wtq with issues, I'm currently testing ACT organic disc because my car is a daily , I'm currently at 412whp 425 wtq, when I had the OEM no issues. My power /torque peak at 4400 /4600rpm OEM turbo, currently waiting on someone who pull the trigger on any of the new bolts on turbo and see how the response is before to make my decision.
I got a fuel but not air lol.

MDFK8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Iā€™m guessing youā€™re the owner of the FK8 that Mike was testing the P600 on? ?
Yes sir! Initially reached out for just a fuel system and the opportunity came up. Happy to see all these different options coming out for our platform.

Just the person I was looking for!!! :bow::bow::bow:
Any chattering?
How much power you making on the setup?
and how do you feel with that setup?
Thank you in advance
No chattering for me. 487 hp, 448 torque with room for much more as other testing has shown with the right mods, but I like where Iā€™m at for now just based on the fact itā€™s a stock motor. Iā€™m excited to see what builds come out of this year.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes sir! Initially reached out for just a fuel system and the opportunity came up. Happy to see all these different options coming out for our platform.
Nice to see you're on here! Mike had called me near the end to help with figuring out why your air fuel ratio was going crazy. Hope you're enjoying the tune! Mike's one of my favorite FK8 tuners. :)

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Good Morning All!

I managed to snag the new PRL P600 drop in turbo on the 1st batch, which I'm excited about. During my last tune, we empierced some slippage of the clutch on the Dyno and want to tackle this issue alongside the turbo installed. I'm currently trying to decided what clutch setup to run. Hoping anyone who has upgraded their clutch or has experienced an FK8 with upgraded clutch can shed some light. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

:grouphug:
63270487654--B01CFA05-12ED-4F00-B300-604D892E0391.jpg

Current Mods:
Hondata
Hondata Fuel Upgrade
SiriMoto Flex Fuel Kit (e40 blend)
PRL Intake
PRL TI Inlet Pipe
PRL FMIC
RV6 Catless DP
RV6 Front Pipe
J's Racing Full Titanium Exhaust
406hp 429 trq
I'm a big fan of the build.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Howā€™s the hood at high speeds (130+)? I want the varis hood so bad but Iā€™ve heard of horror stories where carbon holds fly off on the highway. Not specifically from Varis but carbon hoods as a whole
Sponsored