I'm getting a new intake. Next is an exhaust. But I need some help deciding.

Race or Street Exhaust?

• Total voters

gtolson2004

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am looking at the MAP Catback Exhaust. My question is which version would be better to pair with my intake. I have a PRL Short Ram Intake. Would it be better to have the Street Exhaust with one muffler or the Race Exhaust with none in terms of still being able to hear the intake? Both versions have a resonator. I have heard from some people that not having a resonator greatly changes the sound of your intake. Same with mufflers. Is this even true?
Honda Civic 10th gen I'm getting a new intake. Next is an exhaust. But I need some help deciding. maperformance-fabrication-4530204770374_901x.progressive
Honda Civic 10th gen I'm getting a new intake. Next is an exhaust. But I need some help deciding. maperformance-fabrication-map-hdax-cbe-sn-rce-no-i-have-a-factory-or-factory-flanged-front-pi
Honda Civic 10th gen I'm getting a new intake. Next is an exhaust. But I need some help deciding. maperformance-fabrication-map-hdax-cbe-sn-str-no-i-have-a-factory-or-factory-flanged-front-pi
Honda Civic 10th gen I'm getting a new intake. Next is an exhaust. But I need some help deciding. prl-motorsports-12003795959878_901x.progressive

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a muffler delete on my car and although it's not the loudess thing in the world, I can get pretty loud between 2500-3000RPM and I can barely hear the intake with my windows closed, Id recommend an exhaust with a muffler

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I have the street version exhaust and PRL CAI and I have to really make that cobra hiss to hear it. It’s still there but not as audible as when I had stock exhaust. Don’t let that scare you away. I definitely still here the intake but it’s mostly when I’m really trying to make that sweet splashy sound when I let off the throttle to switch gears.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the street version exhaust and PRL CAI and I have to really make that cobra hiss to hear it. It’s still there but not as audible as when I had stock exhaust. Don’t let that scare you away. I definitely still here the intake but it’s mostly when I’m really trying to make that sweet splashy sound when I let off the throttle to switch gears.
Same. I have PRL CAI and MAP street. The exhaust sound will be what you hear. With the (very quiet) stock exhaust you hear the spool and blow off more (and SRI is louder than CAI). Anyway, it doesn’t change the intake sound the exhaust just drowns it out. Exhaust > intake and street is plenty loud.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have the maperformance street exhaust/ frontpipe with prl cobra cold air. prl catless dp. Sound amazing. Very deep tone, excellent fitment and quality.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy a down pipe instead of an exhaust, you'll actually gain some power. Use the money you save and buy an intake that will make power (PRL Cobra).

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Aree you talking about the exhaust resonator under the car or the intake resonator in the engine bay?

You don't really hear the turbo spinning through the exhaust pipes on the 1.5T's compared to say a wrx or focus st with no mufflers, exhaust mods just make the engine sound louder

But you can get the ssssssPSSHHHHH sound with an an aftermarket intake

LivinThaSI

Shark Fin
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I have the maperformance street exhaust/ frontpipe with prl cobra cold air. prl catless dp. Sound amazing. Very deep tone, excellent fitment and quality.
I am looking at getting either the MAPerformance Street, or Stealth, do you think it is okay with only one muffler? or would you have rather gotten two? Im going same route as you, PRL Catless DP and PRL Frontpipe, still debating on CAI or SRI

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am looking at getting either the MAPerformance Street, or Stealth, do you think it is okay with only one muffler? or would you have rather gotten two? Im going same route as you, PRL Catless DP and PRL Frontpipe, still debating on CAI or SRI
I like the street with the 1 muffler. Still decently loud but good tone. I went with Map frontpipe because it connects smoothly via v-band with the map exhaust. I had the prl frontpipe but had clearance issues. The map fp fit better I found. If you gonna spend money on intake just go all the way for cold air. I also went race maf housing

FC3_ferb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I have MAP catted dp, fp, and street exhaust. I'm in love with the sound. Barely noticeable at idle, and a really nice tone cruising. Then when you get in to boost it really opens up. Not raspy at all, nice deep tone.

Reactions: AVR

OP
OP

gtolson2004

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like the street with the 1 muffler. Still decently loud but good tone. I went with Map frontpipe because it connects smoothly via v-band with the map exhaust. I had the prl frontpipe but had clearance issues. The map fp fit better I found. If you gonna spend money on intake just go all the way for cold air. I also went race maf housing
I'm gonna continue to go with a short ram. I live Arizona so I'm going to be taking in warm air anyways. (Trust me the air is warm. We don't even like opening the window and driving.) We have monsoon season for around two and a half months every year and standing water often becomes a problem, I'm mostly just concerned about hydro-locking and don't want to have to change it out every season. Other than that how much do you usually have to open up the exhaust to hear it well?

OP
OP

gtolson2004

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have MAP catted dp, fp, and street exhaust. I'm in love with the sound. Barely noticeable at idle, and a really nice tone cruising. Then when you get in to boost it really opens up. Not raspy at all, nice deep tone.
I don't have the money to think about a fp or dp right now. Do you know if you can really hear the exhaust without them in the 3-4.5k rpm ranges?

OP
OP

gtolson2004

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have a stock dp and front pipe? If you do can you really hear the exhaust in the 3-4.5k rpm ranges? Is it actually that much louder than stock in those ranges? I'm just asking because I know it pretty much idles the same. I'm just wondering about tone and sound with a stock dp and fp in terms of if and when you can really hear it.

LivinThaSI

Shark Fin
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
the only problem with the MAP pipe is that it comes catted, i will most likely run e85 so catless would be the better option. What fitment issues did you encounter with the PRL Catless DP?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm gonna continue to go with a short ram. I live Arizona so I'm going to be taking in warm air anyways. (Trust me the air is warm. We don't even like opening the window and driving.) We have monsoon season for around two and a half months every year and standing water often becomes a problem, I'm mostly just concerned about hydro-locking and don't want to have to change it out every season. Other than that how much do you usually have to open up the exhaust to hear it well?
You can hear it all the time. Really comes in with a throaty deep tone around 2000-3000 rpms. But never raspy.
Sponsored