I'm back baby!!

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think a more aggressive RMM would piss me off, but may be an absolute joy for the track or something. This minor insert change was minimal but addressed something that did annoy me - the wheel hop when you give it the juice hard into first or hard into second. With that in there it just mashes down and goes hard and on glass - zero hop.

Worth it. And cheapest most detectable mod I've ever done lol. $33 dollars FTW
I agree. It's a great upgrade and the NVH is tolerable; most of my family did not notice I had added it.

If I learned anything from my previous cars, there is a sure way to make sure nobody will take long trips with you: solid motor mounts and having fire extinguisher in the cabin.

Glad you are back. There are some that really like this car and those that love it.

Man, and i'm over here still trying to decide whether I'm too lazy to install the perrin inserts or not
Do it! If you want less wheel hop and more steady shifting, it's well worth.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: gxl
OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Man, and i'm over here still trying to decide whether I'm too lazy to install the perrin inserts or not
Stupid easy install by and large and so worth it.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree. It's a great upgrade and the NVH is tolerable; most of my family did not notice I had added it.

If I learned anything from my previous cars, there is a sure way to make sure nobody will take long trips with you: solid motor mounts and having fire extinguisher in the cabin.

Glad you are back. There are some that really like this car and those that love it.

Do it! If you want less wheel hop and more steady shifting, it's well worth.
Hell yeah! Glad to be back and appreciate the car 10000x more now that I almost had to be without her lol. So glad I landed the same color as well I love SGP so much on this car.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Welcome back! For autocross I recommend +R mode with VSC fully off (5 second hold of the button). As a bonus, I also consider this “track mode” because it disables all the safety stuff by default with a single press. Some people say they prefer pedal dancing the VSC. I do not prefer this as the car rotates better with the rear braking handling assist active. I’m a huge fan of the adaptive cruise. It’s pretty awesome to have a car that almost drives itself on the freeway to the track, turns a great lap on track without safety assists, then nearly drives itself back home.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welcome back! For autocross I recommend +R mode with VSC fully off (5 second hold of the button). As a bonus, I also consider this “track mode” because it disables all the safety stuff by default with a single press. Some people say they prefer pedal dancing the VSC. I do not prefer this as the car rotates better with the rear braking handling assist active. I’m a huge fan of the adaptive cruise. It’s pretty awesome to have a car that almost drives itself on the freeway to the track, turns a great lap on track without safety assists, then nearly drives itself back home.
Thanks man - great tips. I was VERY nervous about the honda sight on the new 21, but tbh I don't even notice it / just turning off collision breaking is simple enough. I don't even notice it when on, however I can' trust a car to know what I'm doing and decide to hit the brakes when I definitely don't need it to, so I am generally rolling with that off.

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Welcome back. Looking good!!!

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
Thanks man - great tips. I was VERY nervous about the honda sight on the new 21, but tbh I don't even notice it / just turning off collision breaking is simple enough. I don't even notice it when on, however I can' trust a car to know what I'm doing and decide to hit the brakes when I definitely don't need it to, so I am generally rolling with that off.
I've found that the best use for the CMBS is in the country - it's great at picking up deer. Or use at dusk, or other hard to see or unfamiliar areas. Never in traffic.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've found that the best use for the CMBS is in the country - it's great at picking up deer. Or use at dusk, or other hard to see or unfamiliar areas. Never in traffic.
That's a great idea thanks!

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
Oh boy.... I smile just from reading this thread again. A month ago, this post made me go from "it's just a car" to "that's it, buckle up". R-46659 here, THANK YOU @NapalmEnema

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh boy.... I smile just from reading this thread again. A month ago, this post made me go from "it's just a car" to "that's it, buckle up". R-46659 here, THANK YOU @NapalmEnema
That's great to hear! Hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying my latest one. I just got through breakin and it's SO GOOD to have the Type R back.

Glad you grabbed one!

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Congrats. I had a 2017 when they first came out for 3 years. Sold it because we were moving.

Ended up not moving so I got myself a 2021 because it’s still my favorite car short of a 911 and I needed more room
Sponsored