OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Welcome back. Iā€™ll keep my eyes peeled while Iā€™m in town ?
Just glad you don't have an SGP Type R - seeing all those parts on your car is already overwhelmingly difficult to not spoon myself into massive debt lol. If it was in SGP on top of it? Man..................

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welcome back, it was like you never left!
LOL right? This guy sold his car, why does he persist?

Now I'm back and official instead of the odd man out lol.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
So all you do is hit the button for 3 seconds and anything disagreeable is disabled? I can do that.
I'm assuming that you will not be needing the (LKAS) Lane Keeping Assist. I turned mine off as well as (ACC)Adaptive Cruise Control, that keeps you a certain distance from the car/truck you are following. These are the two nannies that you can turn off and they stay off. If you ever feel a need to use them or try them they can be turned back on easily enough. Buttons are right by your hands on the wheel.

If you don't want VSA on I know you know how to deal with that. That leaves the afore mentioned CMBS which along with the (RDM) Road Departure Mitigation, I find these two to be the most obtrusive of the nannies. I'll never understand why anyone would trust the judgement and coding skills of some stranger, or worse yet team of coders. How in the hell can they possibly make a judgement about your situation without knowing and being able to SEE what is happening. Of course I'm also assuming that you are paying attention while driving - something I see less and less of while I drive BTW.

So yes that's all you have to do to get rid of them. Of course remembering to do this every time is not something I do well. LOL

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm assuming that you will not be needing the (LKAS) Lane Keeping Assist. I turned mine off as well as (ACC)Adaptive Cruise Control, that keeps you a certain distance from the car/truck you are following. These are the two nannies that you can turn off and they stay off. If you ever feel a need to use them or try them they can be turned back on easily enough. Buttons are right by your hands on the wheel.

If you don't want VSA on I know you know how to deal with that. That leaves the afore mentioned CMBS which along with the (RDM) Road Departure Mitigation, I find these two to be the most obtrusive of the nannies. I'll never understand why anyone would trust the judgement and coding skills of some stranger, or worse yet team of coders. How in the hell can they possibly make a judgement about your situation without knowing and being able to SEE what is happening. Of course I'm also assuming that you are paying attention while driving - something I see less and less of while I drive BTW.

So yes that's all you have to do to get rid of them. Of course remembering to do this every time is not something I do well. LOL
So I tried doing this earlier and nothing really happened. Do you think perhaps things are turned off by default since I skipped PDI? I haven't had it interrupt my lane or anything, however the 21 used I test drove, did. I don't have to turn anything off it seems to drive a lot like my 19.

I could press the button and see the lane stuff pop up and active cruise control, but it's like off by default on mine and I'm not sure why. (not complaining I HATE the lane departure things)

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WB, so whatā€™s the plans for it nowā€¦
Keep it stock for a bit - make sure it's solid and such - then I want to Autocross it and do some light mods - nothing too crazy so it's still trackable and not making too much heat.

So far I have a Perrin rear motor mount insert and ZL1 rock guards I need to put on

I think I'll end up tracking it, seeing how it does, then go from there. I see a Varis hood in my future at some point though lol.

Just happy to be back in it, even if it just stays stock - I enjoyed the shit out of my 19 stock with just the RMM but I need to add a bit of power so my wife won't call it the cloud car anymore lol.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
So I tried doing this earlier and nothing really happened. Do you think perhaps things are turned off by default since I skipped PDI? I haven't had it interrupt my lane or anything, however the 21 used I test drove, did. I don't have to turn anything off it seems to drive a lot like my 19.

I could press the button and see the lane stuff pop up and active cruise control, but it's like off by default on mine and I'm not sure why. (not complaining I HATE the lane departure things)
Those two (ACC & LKAS) are just set and keep. You can use them or turn them off and they will stay on or off. VSA, CMBS are always on unless you disable them each time. With RDM you can go into settings for the driver's interface and tell it to operate as a warning only and it will stay at that setting until you go back in and enable it to operate. I keep it at a warning only.

If you look through the OM page 286 and 287 are situations I've experienced and are the reasons I no longer will drive with either RDM or CMBS activated. VSA I've used from day one to help teach me how to drive. Now I'm learning how the car handles without it. I've still got a lot to learn but its more fun then almost anything but sex. LOL

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Hey congrats! Glad you got another one!

Thanks for the review of the 2021! Interesting, didnā€™t know the suspension difference was that noticeable! Have fun!

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey congrats! Glad you got another one!

Thanks for the review of the 2021! Interesting, didnā€™t know the suspension difference was that noticeable! Have fun!
Yeah there are a few expansion / cracks in pavement areas I knew well / know well from my 2019 - going over the same thing in the 2021 is markedly different.
Sponsored