I'm back baby!!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
So I had the 19 as most of you know, loved it - ended up selling primarily because the ride was too sharp for my wife with her back issues, so I was finding myself driving around solo more often than not.

Took advantage of the high sales prices - sold my 19 for 40k with 15k exciting miles on her. (I bought my 2019 for 35,750!!)

After going back and forth with things I was pretty settled on the 2022/23 model, and was open to seeing what it would be when it arrived. One day my wife and I test drove a used Type R, 2021, to see if the suspension made much of a difference - IT DID!!!

So I was torn - and still undecided. Until we went to a Honda dealership to check out a standard 2022 Civic that they had, to see how we felt about the interior and such. Honestly I really hated it. :( For me the screen being way up on the dash was jarring and neither the wife or I liked the AC solution (that looooon plastic vent thing)

So my wife gave me the green light to try and find a 21 - And here we are! I was able to find a Type R just a few miles from me at Tomball Honda and worked them down to 43k. Yes, 4k over, but at the same time with the profit I made on my 19 I feel like I am juuust under sticker when all the dust settles. (Tbh this car is a steal at 43 for how it drives)

So a new adventure begins!

First impressions -

- 21 shifts a lot better than the 19 which surprised me, as I considered the 19 to be just about perfect.
- The suspension and modes are much more differentiated, and therefore useful (especially for my needs)
- Fake engine noise - I have a screwdriver ready - say no more
- Steering wheel material - Unsure, I think I like it? And I don't have sweaty hands by nature so I'm giving it a chance. One thing I do like is the prospect of a steering wheel that won't get scratched by a ring or watch by mistake so I am leaning towards like?
- Hondasight - you know I was a giant bitch baby hater about it, but I didn't turn it off when leaving the dealership and didn't notice it doing anything the whole way home. Maybe it's broken and I got lucky, or I'm driving too nice to get annoyed by it. I'll research how to disable and tweak so the car doesn't decide what it want's to do for me - unexpectedly.

I got them to do bare minimum PDI - did the paperwork and drove her home! 8 miles on her when I drove off the lot!

Already bought -

- ZL1 rockgaurds (meant to install at dealership, left at home like a noob lol)
- Perrin rear motor mount insert - this thing should come with it pre-installed imo lol

Long term plans are to autocross this one and keep it as long as possible :)

Honda Civic 10th gen I'm back baby!! d8veE1z

Honda Civic 10th gen I'm back baby!! oKXar7x

Honda Civic 10th gen I'm back baby!! 5mAmVlR

Honda Civic 10th gen I'm back baby!! 1630635749160

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! I just love this gundam looking voltron crazy car too much - I don't want the tamed down version exterior wise and after sitting in the interior ......yeah I had to move on a 21 lol.

YOLO

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Welcome back to the R, good color too!

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Voltron looking thing! Iā€™m ā˜ . One of my favorite shows as a child!
itā€™s beautiful!!! The car, btw. Not the show.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
Welcome back. I've got a 20 with almost 20K on it and I'm still loving every time I get in the seat and strap in. I have a regular routine of disabling the CMBS with a 3 sec push and then I'm off. Of course you'll have to experiment with Traction Control when Xing.

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Congrats! The car is really something special. 100% believe it's going to be as desirable 10-20+ years from now as the s2000 and nsx are today. I have had many cars before but never had a car that I thought "I will never sell it" but this one fits the bill. Going to keep maintaining it and hold onto it.

Last edited:

gt_fk8

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Welcome back! I think you know the first time you sit in this car that it is special in its own way.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welcome back. I've got a 20 with almost 20K on it and I'm still loving every time I get in the seat and strap in. I have a regular routine of disabling the CMBS with a 3 sec push and then I'm off. Of course you'll have to experiment with Traction Control when Xing.
So all you do is hit the button for 3 seconds and anything disagreeable is disabled? I can do that.

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
Good to have you back. I agree the shifting on my 2021 LE is even better than my 2018. My son who has a 2019 even commented on it.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
:wave: 2021 crew

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Listen, you upgraded. You know what you got ! Lol. Iā€™m glad you got back on and your wife and you are happy with the car. Minor tweaks with the 17-19 and the 20-21. I have the 2020 and just sitting in it and finally driving off felt right in every degree.
Sponsored