Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Today at SB drive thru there was a girl ahead of me-instead of ordering a drink, she was casting a spell.
It was taking that long. So, i waited and waited, then I thought, I'll just back up and take the exit out of the line as there wasn't anyone behind me.....I miscalculated and drove OVER THE DAMN DIVIDER.I missed the exit, I didn't back up far enough. Surprisingly I just thought I ran over one of the edges, and so kept going, I was committed.
It was low, and small but I felt every inch of it.
Fortunately it seems nothing was damaged! Maybe some plastic pieces here and there are scraped, on my underside, but the mufflers, tires, wheels, all seemed to be OK. My fake carbon fiber trim is OK, my underbelly pan is OK, I heard and felt a lot of scraping but honestly just looking at the bottom in the parking lot I don't see any significant damage.

Talk about ruining my day.....I'm such an idiot.
Sponsored

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
I wouldn't even know where to start. So, welcome to being in good company. Good to hear that there was no damage.

? Spells can be so complex. It just takes time to figure out how to put them in the order needed so that they actually work. Still though, she shouldn't do that in a drive thru, rude.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been driving for 40+ years and consider myself a good driver. But I can tell you there have been a few times I've done careless, stupid things.

Like my first car I owned where I added striping and decided to trim it with a razor blade... gouges everywhere.

Or the time I cut it too close pulling into a space next to a curb and tore a hole in my plastic bumper.

Shit happens where we only have ourselves to blame.

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i baaarely curbed my aftermarket wheel for the first time yday, so i kno what u mean about feelin like an idiot. gonna try n get it repaired today.
I bought black Honda touch up paint for my wheel. I had a small scrape barely noticeable but you know…
It’s the pack with black paint and clear coat in the same pen.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I did something like that at Popeyes. The way they have their drive-thru set up they have these speedbump-esque type things that are a little higher than regular speedbumps. I didn't see it. The idea is to literally make you drive around the entire building to line up nicely between those bumps and parked cars for the drive-thru. I ran right into it, oh god it sounded so bad on the front lip, I swore something was going to be dangling when I got out and looked. Minor scratches underneath. Scary as hell lol

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
I once drove out of a gas station, and there was a big height difference between exit and the road. like exit downward ramp, but because of our shitty road conditions, it was like a big concave ditch.
made such a nasty screech sound that made me cursed out loud.

thought my front bumper had popped and at least some crease formed on the plastic as it folded up (yes all in my head at that moment).

Luckily it was just some scratches at the bottom side of the lip. I think the new facelift of 2019 models helped a lot to dissipate the compression/squeeze.
Sponsored