Illuminated sill plates?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
yeah I want the wing center section also. But dang, that's basically what I paid for the voltex wing on the S2K lol.

Also the interior pieces should just be an overlay where you just stick it on from top. Not an actual replacement piece.
Wow! overlay for that kind of $$$! Man I think interior carbon is a definite wait and see. I thought it was remove and replace.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
I'd be nearly sure they are an overlay. I have the OEM carbon gear surround and vent covers in my FK2 and they are just carbon pieces with tape on the rear to stick over the standard bits. Price was silly on them too like the FK8 carbon bit's but dont be surprised if you get the parts from Honda and find 3M tape on the back

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Wow! overlay for that kind of $$$! Man I think interior carbon is a definite wait and see. I thought it was remove and replace.
yeah from what I read on the honda acess site.
Honda Civic 10th gen Illuminated sill plates? 6ULKXbq

it says "interior panel carbon (overlay/real carbon, red polyester weaving)" on the top part

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Thought the carbon fiber door sill was non-illuminated.
AFAIK that's right, the UK accessories included *either* illuminated or c/f sills, there was no option to have c/f with illumination. That's not to say someone else couldn't be making c/f ones with illumination, or even that Honda themselves might be doing it for another market, but if they are they didn't include it in any of the UK product info that I've seen.

BTW, the illuminated sills here were always black in every picture I saw (not polished steel or anything like that), and indeed they were actually black when they came through, which is fine with me as the black blends in much better with the surroundings and looks quite refined in IMHO (well, more refined than the wing and all those vents anyway, which wouldn't be hard!).
:D

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
i just ordered the under dash ambient light and door sills. i can't wait.
thought it would be wise to kill two birds with one stone

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I don’t know if I can justify paying $800+ for that and then there’s shipping cost from the UK. I’m going to wait this one out and hopefully places in the US will start having them.

Thanks
I know it's real CF but I don't think it looks particularly good. Save your cash!

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
A carbon fiber sheet that size probably costs Honda a few dollars. Surely it doesn't cost too much more to turn it into that. $800 is crazy over priced.

CHAMPIONSHIPWHITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRZ,S2000,CTR,PASSPORT
Country flag
yes, but a lot of stuff have to be removed to install the passenger side, even the head unit, as the wire for the passenger side have to tap into one of the harnesses behind the head unit.
wow okay.. i'll bring the beer. wanna help/ haha
Sponsored